• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters
600 hours in, and while I'm not sure how much is 'finished', I think only 20% of my island actually is 'decorated'. There's a lot of empty space, and even more covered in trees/flowers.

It doesn't help that I wanted a 'beach side town', so all villager houses are aligned along the southern beach. They all have 'backyards', but some of it could really use some more decorating.

I'm not sure I'll ever change the tree/flower areas, but I'm definitely going to do something with the empty areas somedays.

Reactions: eko
I already finished mine a long time ago. I will probably make some minor tweaks to some sections in the island but nothing really major. :) I am perfectly happy with it.

I'm one of the 3 people that voted 100%. I am perfectly content with how I've designed my island, and don't expect to be making any major changes that would disrupt the aesthetic.

My last dream update a month ago was the point when I was happy/finished with my landscaping for this current version. I say version because as long as I have this game and one island I'm probably never going to settle and I will keep changing things when I get bored or when we get seasonal updates. I have a plan to redo a large chunk of my island sometime in the autumn-winter. As for encyclopaedias, museum, and catalogue lists, I've always been very slow to finish those in all games. I have about 5 or so critters left to catch for each category but a ton of artwork to donate. Some of my nook mile reward categories are no where close to being completed. For the amount of hours I've played (1000+) I'm sure I could have achieved more nook miles cards but I was just too lazy to grind them. I don't TT for villager move outs, buying items, catching out of season critters, or grinding NPCs, etc. I only TT if I have a large landscaping project and I want to move a few buildings (although I make sure I get the most out of my shopping orders during that time too!)

• Love
I’ve still got all the middle back part of the Island to do still. The very back of my island is just all terraformed that was already there when I started and I have all my wedding area at the very back. But the part before that is still bare and it annoys me I don’t know what to do. Plus I’m starting to not like a part of my island at the front :(

I'd say maybe 50-70% complete! I've logged over 900 hours (aha...) and I do time travel occasionally c: though I make it a point to always go back to the current time once I'm done.

650+ hours and I'm 90% done. There are still parts that I consider changing or redoing in the future but overall I'm pretty happy.

I time travelled a lot in the first few days to unlock terraforming and to move villagers and buildings. Now I mainly time travel to get new clothing items at the Able sister's. When time travelling, I try not to unlock any seasonal stuff or catch bugs/fishes until it's actually time for that irl though, so I still have something to be excited for in the coming months.

• Love
Wow, 1570 hours and it will never be finished.

Not enough items.

I'd kill for a decent hammock.
Even the NL one was better.

Pocket Camp has the best though.
That being Nintendo's real priority.

Close to 600 hours. My current priority is collecting everything in the game first before focusing on island development. I have people complementing how my island looks but they dont know that the unseen portions of my island is filled with so much random junk lmao

• Love
Got over 700+ hours clocked in (and counting)

My island is pretty much finished but I still add little touches here and there. The problem is the severe lack of items/furniture variety. I don't have something displayed in every last corner of my island because 1) terrible lag occurs and 2) having too much stuff around just looks like a bunch of clutter to me.

It's better, IMO, to not stress too much about "needing" to fill in every square in every acre with something or some flowers just because other people, mainly Twitter-ites and Youtubers, do it. You don't "need" to, you want to. This is by no means no race or competition. Play AC your way and enjoy it.

I reset my island so I still have much to do. My island is My hero themed so its all figuring out what to do lol

Mine is 80% done. There are few areas that i haven't fully decorated yet plus i'm waiting for the possible Brewster's Cafe and/or Leif's Garden Shop

my island isnt even 10% done, ive barely terraformed, im not done moving villagers houses, and still have to figure out where to put 2 more houses. i dont know what i want to do with it. ive just now started playing everyday again, i lost motivation before. any tips on how to terraform and get the perfect layout would be much appreciated ; - ;

I would say mine is 80% done but any area that was blank I filled with flowers so nowhere is truly empty. There is room for improvement in some areas though. I'm at about 750+ hours now and I have definitely done a decent amount of time travelling.

I would say my island is about 65-70% done. I started out with just the base island layout and only lightly terraformed it, then after I found that I hated my first island, I completely gutted/flattened it and started over. My log hours are definitely over 1,000, but I’m not on my Switch so I couldn’t give you an exact number. Right now I’m just needing to fill out my island and 2 character houses with furniture and decor, then I’m pretty much done. C:

• Love
I have 955 hours logged, although I believe that I reset somewhere above 800, so my current island is probably around 150 hrs? I'd say it's about 90-95% done. I'm missing a few items I'd like to have, haven't touched my basement yet, and I plan to keep developing it as new items / updates are released, so.

I've time traveled on this save to progress initial gameplay (getting KK to come, etc.), move buildings, and to move villagers in / out.

mine will always be around the 90-95% range. i like making changes and trying out new designs. on this island i have about 800 hours. the prior one was another 700. as for TT, i don't. but I do play 12hrs offset since i work during the day.

my island isnt even 10% done, ive barely terraformed, im not done moving villagers houses, and still have to figure out where to put 2 more houses. i dont know what i want to do with it. ive just now started playing everyday again, i lost motivation before. any tips on how to terraform and get the perfect layout would be much appreciated ; - ;
that's perfectly fine, that's kind of why i put "finished" in quotes. the progress of islands is entirely subjective person-to-person and with a sandbox genre of game like animal crossing it's limits/completion is only bound to who's playing it! (it's a lot like saying you've "finished" minecraft haha) i've lost count of how many times i've moved my villager houses but thankful there's no time limit on deciding and you can change your mind any time, as many times as you like! :blush:

i'm not the best at terraforming but some very helpful tips i've read and noticed from screenshots is: if you're going for a more natural island, avoiding symmetry and making it look more random/inconsistent goes a long way! one of my favorite terraforming techniques is having tiny 1-4 spaces of land randomly in the middle of a river or by the side of a cliff next to a river, it looks super pretty. i also try to keep in mind the "less is more" quote, particularly when it comes to flowers and avoiding clutter/lag. but the most important tip above all is: make sure that you like it! island aesthetics vary A LOT and something that one person prefers, another person likes the opposite, so just do what makes you happy :3

Back