• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters
I guess one of my main problems is trying to figure out a way to have plenty of flowers without tons of fencing everywhere to control the flowers. I also don't want my island all boxy looking.
have you tried the "transparent custom design" trick? you just place down invisible paths that block flowers and weeds from growing! you mention missing the sounds+textures from original paths, but it's something to look into if you don't like fencing in flowers

My island has been completely renovated 3 times. I have a habit of taking a lengthy (1 month-ish) break in between these decisions. The first time, it was non-themed, just whatever I felt. Had a cute residential area, shops area, a pretty sidewalk... despite compliments, I felt I could do better. Took June (into the first part of July) off due to family stuff, decided I wanted to scrap everything and do a space aesthetic theme, and started over.

The space aesthetic looked pretty, but the same 4 custom designs all over the ground became overzealous. I felt I couldn't do much with a space theme in an island with so much.... space. (pun intended?) Ideas were beginning to repeat. Moon with waterfall over here. Moon with waterfall over there. However, I still liked the idea and wanted to keep it...I just wanted to make it a smaller section. That's when the third and current idea for the island has come in.

After taking a 3 week break once uni started, I've recently delved back into the magic of ACNH to work on a multi-themed island. Top left corner is garden/forest theme, bottom left is pastel/cutesy animal theme, top right is a city/arcade theme, and bottom right is the space theme I decided to shorten down.

I'm definitely more proud of my 3rd island idea. I don't have any spectacular islands like the ones I see on twitter all the time, nor do I really find cottage core or anything too interesting for my personal tastes. For these reasons, despite re-doing my island 3 times, I only have 620 hours clocked into the game... which I feel are rookie numbers compared to some of the spectacular builds I've seen on reddit/twitter. About 60% of the island is done -- the garden/forest corner is completely finished, pastel/space corners are partly finished, and I haven't even started on the city/arcade theme yet lol. I'm very proud of how it's going, though!

• Love
Reactions: eko
I think I have around 900 hours. Time traveled once for the first big off, because I couldn't play that day. I'm sad to say that my Island is pretty much finished. Some area will be redecorated once I get certain items, like Mushrooms for my teddy bear forest and I'm hoping Jack gives us some creepy items to help make my haunted forest look better. I wish I had more room. I have so many ideas.

After taking a 3 week break once uni started, I've recently delved back into the magic of ACNH to work on a multi-themed island. Top left corner is garden/forest theme, bottom left is pastel/cutesy animal theme, top right is a city/arcade theme, and bottom right is the space theme I decided to shorten down.
wow, your multi-themed island sounds amazing! would absolutely love to see your island sometime if you ever share a dream address or post progress on social media :0c

I have 600+ hours and don't time travel and only recently have I hit the 50% mark because I got stuck with trying to get a cohesive feel while still having variety.

When I look back, I realize that the bulk majority of my frustration stemmed from the lack of "inspiring" recipes and the fact that I missed out on Hybrid Island when it was still a viable way to improve the chances of hybrid flowers.

I had a hard time getting a variety of recipes and getting the same useless DIYs over and over again - DIY Workbench, fruit clothing, honeycomb wall and flooring - and that just made it worse. I kept trying flower and layout recommendations, but it seemed to go nowhere.

I started looking at other islands for inspiration, but instead of making me feel invigorated, I just got more frustrated because all the islands I kept seeing had all the furniture sets - including ones not yet available - and all the flowers.

Ultimately, my frustration made me take a break to the point that I was only checking for bottles, my villagers' DIYs, and for CJ, Flick, and Redd and that was it. No fishing, bugs, and definitely no decorating.

This "break" lasted for a few weeks until I finally received a few new recipes that inspired me.

After that, I removed almost all of my decorations and started fresh and now, I'm feeling happier about my island and I'm actually excited to get back to playing.

Autumn and winter are also my favorite seasons and so I'm really looking forward to it!

I feel like I haven't even hit the 50% mark on my island, since I keep thinking I have a theme and then decide to change things around or just add random things to it. Since I feel like when I'm gonna be done decorating it that the island is gonna be one random jumbled mess of a theme of an island lol.

Still a long ways to go, but that's a good thing because from the moment I feel it's finished is when I stop playing regularly.

I have probably 500+hours on the game and only 15% of my island is completed. i think the main problem is that I'm really indecisive on terraforming and decorating so I end up tearing everything down and starting over again.

Are you me? 😆 I'm the exact same way. I am sitting at about 525ish hours and I am just now getting things set up how I like them. It took me a really long time to decide on how I wanted my island to look. Now I think I have the general cliff layout done even though I make little tweaks here and there when I'm putting up fences for my villager plots.

for some reason, i'm not fond of the idea of time traveling for me. i think it's mostly because i want that progression from day to day, to feel excited and have something to look forward to the next day when it comes to my island. but, because of my stubbornness to play the game this way, it's.. been a little bit of a hassle designing things. doing this rock garden has taken me a lot longer than just the normal 6 days without TT 😅

without the TT, i don't think i'll ever accomplish an island that's 100% finished in my eyes. especially with the updates we'll receive in the upcoming months and holidays. i've put almost 200 hours into my island already, and it's still in the 20-50% mark. i'm probably going to redo things regularly as my ideas fade in and out, so i'm not sure if i'll ever get beyond that stage c:

• Love
I'm like 60% done with my island and I love every part of my island, and have already used my design slots as efficiently as possible, and time travel excessively. 1000+ hours and I can't find myself coming back to the game until they add more design slots. I just don't see how 50 is enough for interior and exterior and won't be finished with my island until there is more, sadly. (realistically my island may never be finished, oh well :[ )

I'm 0% done cause I didn't even finish flattening my island, which I meant to do a month ago but I was busy selling stuff on nooks cranny/fair when I could :(. The biggest challenge is custom slots for floor patterns as I'm going to have to decide which areas I want to focus on most but also not neglect other parts because of this. I'm able to use all 50 slots for just a tiny section of my island so I guess I have to sacrifice some ideas I have so my island can be complete

100% done. I’ve spent 230 hours on it and don’t time travel. ACNH is actually my most played game on the Switch, surprisingly (I guess I don‘t have enough time to play video games as much as I used to). There are a few things I would change about it in the future, but for the most part I’m happy with it. The only thing I’m missing are my last few dreamies, but I’m working on that and closing the gap on it as well.

My island will never be finished. I don't have permanent villagers or "dreamies". I like the areas I've made on my island, but I'm willing to move and change them as things change. Lazuliet will change and grow...and one day I won't play anymore. Thats it.

20-50% represent. Haven't time traveled since April!

I have so much to do that it's overwhelming every time I look at my map. I've spent 325 hours on my island (although half of that was a previous build that I flattened). The top-right quarter is done, but everything else is in shambles with villagers stranded on cliffs and weeds running rampant.

I'll only play/build when I have inspiration for a specific project. Taking my sweet time!

Island.jpg

Not even close. Even the areas that I have built I’m becoming unsatisfied with and preparing to tear it all down hahah I don’t time travel so I’m missing seasonal items I’d like to use anyway, like the mushroom stuff. Soon. 👀

my island is finished, although im gna have 2 clear space/redo stuff for when pumpkin patches and snowmen hit...
i have time travelled but always within the same week, so i haven't experienced anything past september, and im almost at 800 hours jfdsfjkl

So we're now in September, I'm extremely curious how everyone's island has progressed and how far you've come/how much is left? That being said, it would also be very interesting to see if time spent and timetravel has any influence!

My island is only about 15%, playtime is at 610+ hours and I timetravel excessively haha. I typically work on a small section of my island at a time but still go back to completely redo/fix an area afterwards. Visiting Dream Addresses that are totally decorated top to bottom, blows my mind :0
700hours + and still not really done with my island yet. That is the charm of this game, I rebuild and remade my island base on season changes.

I tt sometimes but mostly I wanna wait day by day to do one bridge or stairs. I enjoy the slow pace to decorate my island little by little. I still have all the beach area and quarters left in the back undone but I wanna take it slow. If I don’t feel like continue on the day I would sell or buy new things or visit friends island.

Back