• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What have you done to your island? (Detailed posts welcome)

Alitear

Bells
Hello everyone! I decided I would really like to try to make a thread where we can share the evolution of our islands and just talk about the game and why we like playing it. This is an open discussion so really anything is welcome that follows the forum rules.

Ideas to post about:
- What inspired something on your island?
- What theme/s do you have on your island?
- How long have you been playing ACNH?
- What do you find most tedious to do in the game?
- What villagers do you have and why?
- What do you love most about this game?
- What do you dislike about the game?
- What is your favorite item in the game?
- Are you searching for any specific items?
- Have you been on a dream hunt?
- What detail have you put into your island?
- How finished is your museum?
- How many achievements have you done?
- Do you like to visit other islands?
- Do you participate in player made events? (If so what is your favorite)
- Who is your favorite NPC?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with everything in game sometimes?
- Are you bored of the game?
- Do you like doing things like diving, fishing, bug catching?
- What do you find most fun about the game?
- What do you spend the most time doing in game?
- Are you having any struggles in game?
- Any recent successes in game you want to mention?
Post automatically merged:

What inspired something on your island?
Avatar actually inspired one of my two designs I have on my island. I really adore the garden I made, it really reminds me of Pandora with all the blues and purples. I love it.
-What theme/s do you have on your island?
As of right now I don't really have much of a theme for my own island. I do have a Halloween/fall theme going on in the main entrance but most of my island is not decorated.
-How long have you been playing ACNH?
I have been playing Animal Crossing for about a year now but I did have to take a six month break, I just recently picked the game back up again.
Picking weeds is absolutely terrible. It takes so much time to do and after me leaving for six months I had so many of them I called in some help.
l have a mix of villagers to be honest. I have Sterling who I am holding for my husband to trade. Tangy, Tia, Gala, Merry, Monique, Bluebear, Claudia, Paolo and my top dreamie Merengue.
I love being able to come on here and do what I want to do at any given time. There are so many things I can do that sometimes want to do too many at once and don't do any of them completely. I also love having people over for events.
The time it takes in the airport, to open or close the gates and travel.
This is a hard one for me, I have many favorite items but as of right now I would have to say anything from the mermaid set.
Right now I am searching for all birthday themed items so I can host birthday parties on my island for other people. I want to make it an event with contests and stuff like that.
I went on a dream hunt and came back with sterling for my husband. Otherwise I have been unsuccessful in finding a dreamie for myself that wasn't traded.
I have downloaded floor images to put down to add detail to my garden and entrance way. I really like making things look pretty without being too cluttered.
With so much to do in a day on here I have barely even started. I have a very long way to go before its finished.
- How many achievements have you done?]
I have fully finished only 23 of my sets of achievements.
I love to visit other peoples islands. I often trade and it is very nice to go around and see others creativity.
Yes I do! I love to go to diy parties, scavenger hunts, mazes, fishing tournaments and grab bag events! I love to host events and join them! It is so much fun to meet new people.
I adore Celeste! I am in love with anything that has to do with Space and she is the Space Chicken I have always wanted.
Yes I do! I have often found myself with too many ideas on what I want to do and either not have enough time to complete them or not having the items really gets me.
Oh no not at all! I love helping others and I am finding new ways to keep entertained.
I find these things more tedious unless they are based around an event. I will do them if I need to and I really should for my museum to be finished.
The fact that I can be as creative as I want to be and no two islands should be exactly the same. There is a very good community around this game and I love meeting new people.
Decorating or organizing for events! I try to do a new event every day and the ones I have coming up are going to require a lot of detail.
My only struggle is finding some of the darn items I need for my themes.
Not an in game success necessarily but I have come back to love this game after so long away. I hosted a large event on my brithday and it came out pretty darn successful!

Last edited:
My island consists of eight dogs and two wolves. They are all of the orange-brown color scheme. I consider the two wolves to be the leaders of the pack. My villagers are Mac, Bones, Butch, Biskit, Bea, Goldie, Maddie, Shep, Kyle, and Chief. I love these villagers, and they won’t be moving.

My favorite part of my island is the hockey rink. I have a complete rink with the face-off circles, center ice, blue line, etc. I used the soccer nets as the goalposts. There is also a rest area connected which is meant to be a locker room area. I’m very proud of this area, especially being a huge hockey fan.

When I first started NH last April, I just wanted the complete opposite of my NL glam realistic tourist town but had no clear visions. So I stayed in my tent for weeks & weeks, enjoying the camping experience til a couple of friends started to worry & start dropping bells as gifts thinking I was too poor to afford a house upgrade :giggle:

My inspirations finally came when I unlocked the Ables' kiosk and seeing all those pretty paths and patterns. I also love the grass in NH & used that as the main paths since in NL most of my grass died & would not revive no matter how long I've stayed away lol. To run on the grass everyday is just a dream come true :p

Haven's theme is a tropical paradise hidden in a magical realm, where every creature is welcome (even the gnomes who are always looking for a fight & monsters who just want to experience a birthday party) and lucky explorers who stumbled upon it can rest for awhile & just chill and relax.

In winter we have an ice bar popular esp. with the penguins from faraway lands & the local gnomes and now in the summer it's the perfect time for mermaids' sightings!

My Island is colorful. The villagers all have beach houses. I've kept all my original villagers since the game was released, except Amelia. I let her move because I longed for someone new. Caroline took her place, and I think she is one of the cutest villagers ever.

The lower part of town is tropical. There's a tropical fish themed coffee shop, a swimming pool area with a band and tropical drinks,

The upper part of town is mostly forest, camping and fishing themed. This is my favorite area. There's a very large campsite and lots of places to fish, camp or picnic.

I have 8 characters.

Annie- That's me. My house is kind of Southwest themed.

Charles- He owns a bait and tackle shop. He's also named after my husband and looks like him too.

Hazel- She's a pretty purple cat that owns a very fancy hotel.

Honey- She's a honey bee and her house has lots of bears living in it. This is my just for fun house. Not every room is honey themed. One is frog themed and another one is very groovy. It's where Harvey hangs out sometimes.

Papa Smurf- This character turned out so cute. He also owns Papa's pizza parlor. I still have a few rooms left to decorate, but finished Smurfette's room yesterday.

Resetti- This character was going to be male, but I didn't like how he looked, so I made him female and she's adorable. she runs an apartment building that's owned by Tom Nook. Isabelle, the Able sisters, Blathers, Timmy and Tommy, and the DAL brothers live there.

Smokey the Bear- He's the park ranger in the forest. I love this character and house. It looks great in the camp area.

Daisy- Having a farm on my Island was a must. All the produce in the cafes are locally grown. Daisy is a duck who lives in a cute farm house. She takes care of the crops and chickens. She also runs a restaurant that serves yummy bbq beef sandwiches, beans, coleslaw, and so much more. Stop on by and have some chocolate cake for dessert.

My island consists of eight dogs and two wolves. They are all of the orange-brown color scheme. I consider the two wolves to be the leaders of the pack. My villagers are Mac, Bones, Butch, Biskit, Bea, Goldie, Maddie, Shep, Kyle, and Chief. I love these villagers, and they won’t be moving.

My favorite part of my island is the hockey rink. I have a complete rink with the face-off circles, center ice, blue line, etc. I used the soccer nets as the goalposts. There is also a rest area connected which is meant to be a locker room area. I’m very proud of this area, especially being a huge hockey fan.
Your island sounds absolutely

That sounds absolutely lovely! I adore the fact that you have made a pack dynamic on your island. Do you have anything dog themed besides the villagers?

I bet it is an amazing feature to have on your island, it sounds very creative in the way you have utilized the goals. I know my garden is my favorite part but I am also thinking of adding a lake as well.

When I first started NH last April, I just wanted the complete opposite of my NL glam realistic tourist town but had no clear visions. So I stayed in my tent for weeks & weeks, enjoying the camping experience til a couple of friends started to worry & start dropping bells as gifts thinking I was too poor to afford a house upgrade :giggle:

My inspirations finally came when I unlocked the Ables' kiosk and seeing all those pretty paths and patterns. I also love the grass in NH & used that as the main paths since in NL most of my grass died & would not revive no matter how long I've stayed away lol. To run on the grass everyday is just a dream come true :p

Haven's theme is a tropical paradise hidden in a magical realm, where every creature is welcome (even the gnomes who are always looking for a fight & monsters who just want to experience a birthday party) and lucky explorers who stumbled upon it can rest for awhile & just chill and relax.

In winter we have an ice bar popular esp. with the penguins from faraway lands & the local gnomes and now in the summer it's the perfect time for mermaids' sightings!

I love that you have a story background to go with parts of your island and the villagers! It sounds absolutely adorable and if you wouldn't mind I would love to one day take a visit to the island and see it. If not that is okay :)

For me I still get confused when it comes to Ables at times but I have found a few basic paths for my island as well.

I started with New Horizons so I am not sure what you mean by the grass, does it topple or disappear in the other game? I am very glad you have found custom images to make it able to be run across. I think I would adore that myself if I came from a game that smooshed the grass :LOL:

My island hasnt changed a great deal since I first made it. And yet its changed a lot.
As you can see from the maps
2020032904544700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

The very early days
2020050612132800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

May last year
2021102420353100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D-1.jpg

This week

The general layout has stayed consistent apart from the upper middle left area.

My house is where it was on day 1, only now up some layers. The museum has moved back 1 tile. The campsite shifted slightly to make the area look nicer but it's still where it was. The houses have been lined up better but are still where I first put them. My first ever bridge is exactly where I placed it, only I updated it with a nicer bridge.

My play style since the start has been to place things where I think they will be nice, and go from there. I've done no advanced planning which is why it has changed so little.

Its all been about refining the things I liked about my island.

Right now my island has tybalt and Megan as they are my favourite villagers of all time.

It also has 5 goats. The reason for having 5 goats is that I don't like having more than 1 of the same species on my island. But kidd is an all time favourite who I missed a lot when I moved him out. And pashmina is the only sisterly I ever formed a bond with.
I tried having just the 2 of them but it felt wrong. But somehow, having so many goats, makes having more than 1 around feel natural.

The island is named spring after spring awakening. I wish i called it something cooler like awakening but I've used spring for places for years now so I'm used to it.

My island isn't themed after anything but I've thrown in lots of references to spring awakening. I've got all the purple flowers next to my yellow air port for the song of purple summer. I've got a pirate play area and an icey snow bar because "I got drunk in the snow. And sang. And played pirates".
I've got a star themed area because "10 minutes ago you could see the entire horizon. Now only the dusk. The first few stars"

And so on.

The design of my island wasn't made for these references but I did change the items I had before when I decided to have them.

I have completed my measeum so now i mostly focus on getting villager photos. Only problem is I grow to love them and I can't let them go.

I've had my island since the day it released but I was always 1 day behind midnight players as I got my copy on the day of release with the themed switch. I already owned a switch but I love animal crossing so much I just had to buy it.

I wouldnt say I'm "bored" of the game but I am out of ideas on what to do. I want to change up a lot of what I have but I don't know how. Or if I want to. My island isn't perfect but it's perfect. I don't want to change a thing. And I adore my villagers. But after a year of the same location... I'm a bit tired of looking at it.

But over all I have loved the 1k+ hours I've spent on my island and can safely say its the best entry in the series by far.
Its my home and I am super happy with everything I've done

My Island is colorful. The villagers all have beach houses. I've kept all my original villagers since the game was released, except Amelia. I let her move because I longed for someone new. Caroline took her place, and I think she is one of the cutest villagers ever.

The lower part of town is tropical. There's a tropical fish themed coffee shop, a swimming pool area with a band and tropical drinks,

The upper part of town is mostly forest, camping and fishing themed. This is my favorite area. There's a very large campsite and lots of places to fish, camp or picnic.

I have 8 characters.

Annie- That's me. My house is kind of Southwest themed.

Charles- He owns a bait and tackle shop. He's also named after my husband and looks like him too.

Hazel- She's a pretty purple cat that owns a very fancy hotel.

Honey- She's a honey bee and her house has lots of bears living in it. This is my just for fun house. Not every room is honey themed. One is frog themed and another one is very groovy. It's where Harvey hangs out sometimes.

Papa Smurf- This character turned out so cute. He also owns Papa's pizza parlor. I still have a few rooms left to decorate, but finished Smurfette's room yesterday.

Resetti- This character was going to be male, but I didn't like how he looked, so I made him female and she's adorable. she runs an apartment building that's owned by Tom Nook. Isabelle, the Able sisters, Blathers, Timmy and Tommy, and the DAL brothers live there.

Smokey the Bear- He's the park ranger in the forest. I love this character and house. It looks great in the camp area.

Daisy- Having a farm on my Island was a must. All the produce in the cafes are locally grown. Daisy is a duck who lives in a cute farm house. She takes care of the crops and chickens. She also runs a restaurant that serves yummy bbq beef sandwiches, beans, coleslaw, and so much more. Stop on by and have some chocolate cake for dessert.

This sounds like a dream vacation to me! I bet it is very relaxing to even just go around and look at. The fact that most of your villagers are from the beginning is very sweet! I used to have all my starters but when I started over I learned how to trade villagers into my game. Your mix of villagers sounds adorable![/spoiler]

My island hasnt changed a great deal since I first made it. And yet its changed a lot.
As you can see from the maps
View attachment 386553
The very early days
View attachment 386554
May last year
View attachment 386555
This week

The general layout has stayed consistent apart from the upper middle left area.

My house is where it was on day 1, only now up some layers. The museum has moved back 1 tile. The campsite shifted slightly to make the area look nicer but it's still where it was. The houses have been lined up better but are still where I first put them. My first ever bridge is exactly where I placed it, only I updated it with a nicer bridge.

My play style since the start has been to place things where I think they will be nice, and go from there. I've done no advanced planning which is why it has changed so little.

Its all been about refining the things I liked about my island.

Right now my island has tybalt and Megan as they are my favourite villagers of all time.

It also has 5 goats. The reason for having 5 goats is that I don't like having more than 1 of the same species on my island. But kidd is an all time favourite who I missed a lot when I moved him out. And pashmina is the only sisterly I ever formed a bond with.
I tried having just the 2 of them but it felt wrong. But somehow, having so many goats, makes having more than 1 around feel natural.

The island is named spring after spring awakening. I wish i called it something cooler like awakening but I've used spring for places for years now so I'm used to it.

My island isn't themed after anything but I've thrown in lots of references to spring awakening. I've got all the purple flowers next to my yellow air port for the song of purple summer. I've got a pirate play area and an icey snow bar because "I got drunk in the snow. And sang. And played pirates".
I've got a star themed area because "10 minutes ago you could see the entire horizon. Now only the dusk. The first few stars"

And so on.

The design of my island wasn't made for these references but I did change the items I had before when I decided to have them.

I have completed my measeum so now i mostly focus on getting villager photos. Only problem is I grow to love them and I can't let them go.

I've had my island since the day it released but I was always 1 day behind midnight players as I got my copy on the day of release with the themed switch. I already owned a switch but I love animal crossing so much I just had to buy it.

I wouldnt say I'm "bored" of the game but I am out of ideas on what to do. I want to change up a lot of what I have but I don't know how. Or if I want to. My island isn't perfect but it's perfect. I don't want to change a thing. And I adore my villagers. But after a year of the same location... I'm a bit tired of looking at it.

But over all I have loved the 1k+ hours I've spent on my island and can safely say its the best entry in the series by far.
Its my home and I am super happy with everything I've done

Wow just from the images alone I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into your layout!
You have done a ton but as you say you kept it mostly the same by shifting or upgrading things.
I think your overall layout is beautiful!
I myself don't do much advanced planning, I get a theme in my head and place items to see how it fits. As far as refining things, absolutely! I do that all the time, even if its just a little shift in something thats already done.
I adore the fact that you have goats and that you made a bond with them. Its like a little goat family that you formed and it is sweet.
I think spring actually makes it sound vibrant and a welcoming place to visit and the layout sounds fantastic. I bet it is beautiful and I would love to tour it one day if you will allow me to.
Congratulations on the museum! That must have been a tedious task for sure. Also have you thought to trade for villager images?
I can see what you mean about the switch, I bought stickers and the carry case for mine that are AC themed.
Have you ever thought of hosting events on your island or games for people to play?

Last edited:
I’ve been playing ACNH for over a year now, since about a month after it was released I think.

The villagers currently on my island are: Agnes, Louie, Merengue, Rhonda, Victoria, Savannah, Patty, Poppy, Gayle and Megan. Of these, Agnes, Louie, Rhonda, Savannah and Patty are all permanent residents I imagine. Agnes and Louie were my two starter villagers that arrive at the island with you, and I grew quite attached to them! I’ve loved Patty since playing AC Pocket Camp, and she is an absolute character on the island. I couldn’t see an island without her. Savannah was initially just a fill-in into one of my plots, but she is actually very sweet, and she loves to sing. There are definitely a few villagers that I’m interested in inviting to my island and seeing how they “feel”. I think I’d like to invite a cranky (maybe a bear), because I haven’t had a cranky on the island yet.

The “theme” for my island is really just a place that I could imagine my villagers wanting to live. Lots of flowers, places to sit, their own front or back yards. I like to decorate for the season, but I like to do it within the island set up that already exists. One thing I’ve been having trouble with is making my island feel cohesive. I have incorporated a lot of fencing, and after redecorating my island recently, I realised each part of the island felt a bit sectioned off, so I’d like to work on tearing down some of those fences and making each area flow from one to the other.

One thing that I’ve found really nice for my own playing experience is making the island uniquely mine. I don’t use any designs from the Design Portal, and if I want an image, a piece of clothing, or a floor or wall tile, I have to design it myself. I find it satisfying to make the designs myself, and I also spend a lot of game time doing that.

As for the player experience aspect, the things I find tedious in the game are digging up flowers and terraforming. I haven’t done very much terraforming on my island, but I have thought about tearing everything down and starting from scratch, but the terraforming aspect seems like a lot, since it’s done square by square. As for the flowers, I’m currently in winter season and they just don’t stop growing! 😂 I’ve really enjoyed playing ACNH and I have gotten a lot of value out of it. I’m playing less as the moment, because I’m focussing on other things, but I‘ll definitely be playing this game for a while! 😊

I think spring actually makes it sound vibrant and a welcoming place to visit and the layout sounds fantastic. I bet it is beautiful and I would love to tour it one day if you will allow me to.
I've just updated my dream for you if you wanted to check it out.
Its DA-7424-9491-8667

I’ve been playing ACNH for over a year now, since about a month after it was released I think.

The villagers currently on my island are: Agnes, Louie, Merengue, Rhonda, Victoria, Savannah, Patty, Poppy, Gayle and Megan. Of these, Agnes, Louie, Rhonda, Savannah and Patty are all permanent residents I imagine. Agnes and Louie were my two starter villagers that arrive at the island with you, and I grew quite attached to them! I’ve loved Patty since playing AC Pocket Camp, and she is an absolute character on the island. I couldn’t see an island without her. Savannah was initially just a fill-in into one of my plots, but she is actually very sweet, and she loves to sing. There are definitely a few villagers that I’m interested in inviting to my island and seeing how they “feel”. I think I’d like to invite a cranky (maybe a bear), because I haven’t had a cranky on the island yet.

The “theme” for my island is really just a place that I could imagine my villagers wanting to live. Lots of flowers, places to sit, their own front or back yards. I like to decorate for the season, but I like to do it within the island set up that already exists. One thing I’ve been having trouble with is making my island feel cohesive. I have incorporated a lot of fencing, and after redecorating my island recently, I realised each part of the island felt a bit sectioned off, so I’d like to work on tearing down some of those fences and making each area flow from one to the other.

One thing that I’ve found really nice for my own playing experience is making the island uniquely mine. I don’t use any designs from the Design Portal, and if I want an image, a piece of clothing, or a floor or wall tile, I have to design it myself. I find it satisfying to make the designs myself, and I also spend a lot of game time doing that.

As for the player experience aspect, the things I find tedious in the game are digging up flowers and terraforming. I haven’t done very much terraforming on my island, but I have thought about tearing everything down and starting from scratch, but the terraforming aspect seems like a lot, since it’s done square by square. As for the flowers, I’m currently in winter season and they just don’t stop growing! 😂 I’ve really enjoyed playing ACNH and I have gotten a lot of value out of it. I’m playing less as the moment, because I’m focussing on other things, but I‘ll definitely be playing this game for a while! 😊

That sounds like a spectacular mix of villagers. Do you have any specific villagers in mind?
Do you plan to do a dream hunt or trade for new ones?

Your island sounds beautiful, even if it feels like it is sections. For me I plan events so my island is and will continue to be sectioned off with different themes. Though maybe one day I will let it all flow.

I think it is a great idea to make your own designs. I have no drawing skills at all so I leave that to you professionals. I think it is amazing that you have your island uniquely all your own.

Flowers and terraforming are very time consuming. Especially if you are like me and you love to redecorate or redo parts of the island on a whim. I just had to hire someone to come pick months of my flowers. There were hundreds.

I am very happy to hear that the game is worth it to you, it is so worth it to me. I have had days of entertainment just from all I can do on here.

I've just updated my dream for you if you wanted to check it out.
Its DA-7424-9491-8667
Thank you! I will look at that as soon as I can.

That sounds like a spectacular mix of villagers. Do you have any specific villagers in mind?
Do you plan to do a dream hunt or trade for new ones?

Your island sounds beautiful, even if it feels like it is sections. For me I plan events so my island is and will continue to be sectioned off with different themes. Though maybe one day I will let it all flow.

I think it is a great idea to make your own designs. I have no drawing skills at all so I leave that to you professionals. I think it is amazing that you have your island uniquely all your own.

Flowers and terraforming are very time consuming. Especially if you are like me and you love to redecorate or redo parts of the island on a whim. I just had to hire someone to come pick months of my flowers. There were hundreds.

I am very happy to hear that the game is worth it to you, it is so worth it to me. I have had days of entertainment just from all I can do on here.

Thank you! I will look at that as soon as I can.

I'm always redecorating parts of my island too! I had so many flowers piling up on my beaches that one day I decided to re-do all of my garden areas (it took 2.5 days), and then winter started basically the next day and everything was overgrown again! :eek:

I went on a hunt to find Megan, and I found her after ~115 NMTs! I think that was a success really, because I had planned for travelling to a lot more mystery islands. I have a lot of amiibo cards (not all though), so I've tagged some that I'm interested in inviting to my campsite to "get to know". At the moment, it's Maple I'm thinking of inviting, and also a cranky. For the cranky, I had Apollo in PC and loved him, but I think I'll go with either Curt, Grizzly (bears), Walt (kangaroo) or Wolfgang (wolf)!

I think my dreamies were probably just Agnes and Patty really. Who are your dreamies that you're hoping to invite to your island?

I also saw you're interested in hosting events! I used to have a hedge maze on my island, where visitors could run the maze and find hidden gifts (I eventually pulled it down to make a forest). I haven't been to one in ages but I used to love going to cataloging parties! Often they would have a theme too, which was super cute. What sort of events are you interested in hosting? I think it would be so hard to coordinate who is attending and the date/time!

I love that you have a story background to go with parts of your island and the villagers! It sounds absolutely adorable and if you wouldn't mind I would love to one day take a visit to the island and see it. If not that is okay :)

For me I still get confused when it comes to Ables at times but I have found a few basic paths for my island as well.

I started with New Horizons so I am not sure what you mean by the grass, does it topple or disappear in the other game? I am very glad you have found custom images to make it able to be run across. I think I would adore that myself if I came from a game that smooshed the grass :LOL:
@Alitear
I find silly backstories help me from being bored by the villagers' repetitive dialogues lol. Things can take a different meaning, like in New Leaf I thought of Tutu as being high when she'd tell me abt how the flowers were insulting her or when she said she's carrying sasparilla in her watering can ha!

The monsters enjoying a bday party location is now turned into a yoga class for Haven's residents (you can check it out on my DA-0109-6875-5636 - it's behind my house), though you are welcome if you ever want to check it out in person too!

In past AC games, grass erosion was a huge problem. When we walk and esp. run on the grass, it'll quickly become dirt and took so long to get the grass to grow back.

It's perfect when you want to create dirt paths, but super annoying when the whole town becomes bald & no grass is left. Most of us used custom patterns to disguise the dirt but it was normal for ppl to tell/ yell at new visitors to stick to the path and NOT RUN on the grass!! lol.

what inspired something on your island?
i honestly haven’t worked on my island very much lol, but celeste was actually the inspiration behind one of my few completed areas! i’d known for a while that i wanted to have a lounge area near my rs, but i couldn’t figure out what i wanted it to look like or what i wanted it to include. however, i had a pretty big surge of creativity a few months ago, which led to me creating a lounge area dedicated to celeste that included the few ideas that i had for a stargazing area. i may wind up tearing it down when/if i ever begin trying to terraform my island, but for right now i’m pretty proud of it. 😊
11947E40-E337-42B1-A426-79B0ADC2181F.jpeg
0C803DDD-9860-48C9-8C57-C9F77825B0C4.jpeg
FF0D4227-A061-4CE8-A7B6-C45F24FF6008.jpeg
93AB8BFE-148A-4766-AAB9-EB145F650059.jpeg

what theme/s do you have on your island?
again, i haven’t worked on it all that much, but i’m planning on incorporating a bunch of different themes such as kidcore, rainbow, naturecore, pastel, rustic, etc. i tried to stick with just one theme at first, but i didn’t have fun with that and found that it made trying to decorate even harder, so i’ve decided to just go wild pretty much lol.

how long have you been playing ACNH?
i’ve taken quite a few breaks from it, but i’ve had the game since launch!

what do you find most tedious to do in the game?
digging up flowers after it rains, for sure. i’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding having to do it after learning that if you time travel backwards to a point during the day where it wasn’t raining, your flowers will no longer be watered! though, this isn’t always an option as sometimes i have turnips or a day where it doesn’t stop raining, so i still have to deal with ridiculous flower growth occasionally, which isn’t very fun. 🥴

what villagers do you have and why?
right now, i have beau, audie, whitney, sprinkle, bruce, del, merengue, marty, margie and fuchsia! all of them except for bruce, del and merengue are permanent. other than these being some of my favourite villagers, i don’t really have any reasoning behind why i chose them — i just love them. some of them, such as margie and marty, only became favourites of mine with new horizons, whereas with others such as beau and sprinkle, i’ve adored them since my new leaf days. i plan on coming up with backstories for my villagers in the future, but for right now, we’re all just vibing. 😋

are you looking for any specific items?
the blue tam’o’shanter! i’ve been hounding gulliver for it every time that he wishes up on my beach, and have my two alt characters helping as well, so hopefully he’ll give it to me one of these days. i’m determined to get it on my own rather than trade for it, so that i have something to do haha.

have you ever been on a dream hunt?
you mean like when island hopping? if so, i have been, but only during my first few months with the game. back when i had a concrete dreamie list, i would always be searching for those on the list — dobie, sprinkle, margie, skye, lolly, audie, diana and fuchsia/agnes/katt. now, i’ve demolished that list for the most part, the only dreamie i still have being lolly. i’ve decided that i’m much more interested in meeting and earning the photos of as many villagers as possible, so until i wind up with 10 permanent villagers (which may never happen), i’ll just be working on that aha. nowadays, i never really have any specific villagers in mind when i go island hopping; i just invite whoever i like or am interested in, regardless of their personality, gender, species, etc. though, i’ll be keeping an eye out for friga during my upcoming island hopping sessions, as i’d really like to have her. 😊

what detail have you put into your island?
i honestly only have like,, two completed areas atm LOL, but i find that i really like having a bunch of custom designs on the ground, such as flowers, mushrooms, etc. it might be a bit much, but i find that it helps an area feel more full and lively. i did this with my celeste lounge area and did this with my other completed area (my backyard) as well.
AABDEFFE-42FB-40C7-B81E-A755FCBA3B43.jpeg
B5CA3167-17F2-44CB-86D5-4ECA9062ABFF.jpeg
93EAF528-A430-4263-9B0B-192C35BC51E9.jpeg
6A6990C1-D34E-4DFC-A49E-B9D808343498.jpeg
i’ve also included some personal details that i don’t have any photos of on hand, such as a chessboard area to represent a spot in the city that i live in, a pet bed in my bedroom that has a black kitty custom design to represent my irl black kitty and a custom design of the forums on a laptop in my bedroom since well,, i’m on here a lot lol. i plan on adding a few more personal touches to my bedroom and to other areas in the future, such as memorial areas for a few people who mean a lot to me who sadly are no longer with us.

how finished is your museum?
as of march of this year, my museum is 100% complete!

how many achievements have you done?
i’ve completed 77/87 achievements! completing them all is a goal of mine and while it’s definitely been a slow process, i only have angling for perfection, you’ve got the bug, deep dive, diy tools, diy furniture, flower power, cornering the stalk market, popular pen pal, k.k. mania and birthday celebration left to work on. i’m also very close to being done with flower power and birthday celebration! 🥳

my island is absolutely a WIP, in terms of both decorating and backstories. i hope to continue decorating in the near future, though, and have begun working on the backstory for my island, even if that backstory so far is just my island being an escape from the unpleasant stuff that goes on in my real life lol. but until i get some more stuff worked out and get my creative juices flowing again, my island’s a pretty casual place and i’m just working on completing my catalog, all nook mile achievements and earning villager photos.

also, hope my post format and the fact that i answered based off of your questions is okay! i find it easier to get my thoughts out there when there’s a format to follow, rather than me essentially going freestyle and trying to wing it. 😅

What inspired something on your island?

The new theme I'm working on is inspired by London tbh, where I used to live and where I was happiest. This means a lot of grey, with pops of red (think red phone boxes - classic London)

-What theme/s do you have on your island?

European city, specifically London.

-How long have you been playing ACNH?
Since it came out, the day after my birthday in fact, so my switch and the game were my birthday present from my bf.

The fact you can't select bulk of bell tickets, so you're just there for about half an hour doing the whole longass process over and over is the worst ever. Terraforming is a long and expensive process. The flowers after the rain is a bit annoying. Crafting isn't my favourite, but I have become more tolerant of it.

Flurry, cos she's been my fave since New Leaf. I was lucky enough to get Audie as my first villager from a random island and Raymond as the first campsite visitor, both of whom I have kept longterm and can't see letting go. I especially like Audie, both her design and where her name came from. Whilst her house wouldn't fit my main island theme, I have a little beach campsite rural area, where she lives. I actually built it around her home, which has never moved. Shari and Marty also live there. Shari was one of my starters and I love how she sings all the time. Marty I felt I needed to use, what with all the trouble people had with sourcing his amiibo, I felt bad if I didn't use him haha. So he runs the beach bar etc and Shari has a farm. The others I have are Apollo, Marshal, Tiffany, Rod (as of today) and Marcie, though Marcie definitely isn't staying sadly. I have Sylvia's amiibo, who is likely her replacemant. I tried with Marcie, but just couldn't make her house fit. My villagers are mostly chosen for their houses now, or at least with houses that I can make fit somehow. I like to have one of each personality type +1 extra male type and +1 extra female type.

Being able to completely choose the town layout, without fear of someone dumping their house all over my hard work. I also like that the villagers don't just randomly leave.

The things I mentioned under the tedious question, plus the lack of multiplayer options and beloved NPC's :'(

The black streetlamps and red phone boxes.

I suppose not right now, but I hope to get more Christmas decorations this year as I barely got any. Also I have been waiting to get the stacked zen cushion recipe since forever and it never turns up!

Nope. I just took whoever I found. Luckily one of them was Audie.

Loads of phone boxes and streetlamps haha

The fossil section is finished. The rest is not, because I can rarely be bothered, especially since sea creatures were added.

Dunno, don't keep track.

Yes, I love it!

No, but I would like to someday.

I miss Katrina, I quite like Celeste and Kicks though. Pascal is also a cool guy.

Sometimes

No, but then I am still in the process of redesigning my island, so there's still plenty to do.

Not really tbh.

Creating and interacting.

Redesigning atm. Otherwise, interacting with villagers I suppose.

I wish we could have more than 8 inclines. I really struggled to get it down to 8.

Not exactly, I sort of reach my own achievements rather than set ones.

My island is eclectic, and I love it that way. I made a bunch of little set pieces that inspired me.

I’m not into the whole “-core” design philosophy, at least not yet. I still have bugs to catch, art to find, items to collect, DIYs to build, etc. so my island really is just a reflection of my time and love of the game.

My island does not have an overarching theme to it. Basically I decide I want something and kinda make a little segment/area that accommodates it. I do very little terraforming, my island looks almost the same as when I started.

The main area, the part you're restricted to at the beginning, is basically like "founders' land." Resident services, the Nookling Shop, and my two starter villagers' homes are on this area (as well as my house). I gave Billy a yard that resembles the GC game's dump, and I gave Plucky a garden of flowers in her back yard. She's also got a little campfire seating area, as that was one of the first things I ever did on the island. There's also a small park that I made, with a picnic area and some seating, a fountain, as well as a bench by a pond. Instead of straight full paths, I path everything together using a series of round patches, so it's like a polkadot/steppingstone path to each area. Oh, and I made music notes using paths near RS. This pathing pattern is continued across the island.

Just above that I stuck the Able Sisters'. They don't really match anything around them haha. To the left is a small Bamboo area where Coco used to live, but then I got Walt and he fit better there, so I moved them. To the right of the Ables' is the beach rocks where I made a small shell dining area(?) It's dumb but I don't have any ideas to replace it.

To the left of the Founders' Land is a small seasonal display area I made. I basically use that to display the currently obtainable furniture or crafts, it's been Christmas, Easter, etc. Right now it's a small farmer's market. The beach right below this area is my surfer/tropical spot, just some surfboards and a bonfire to sit around. Bangle lives here. Oh, and the campsite is here. I wanna move it to a more foresty "camping" ground, but I like the close location to my house lol. That and cleaning flowers is a pain. Anyway, on this part of the land, I also have a recital hall. I wanna replace it but don't know with what. Farther up the left beach I have a black market by the lighthouse, and a hidden path to get to Redd's when he's there. My favorite part of the island, however, is near the river on this section, I made a little homeless area with boxes and a street organ. Idk, it's weirdly cute.

Moving up from here, I have a pumpkin patch leftover from October, and then farther up a flower breeding patch. It used to be a playground here, but I thought that was overdone. Two of my normals (I have too many ATM) live in this patch cuz of the gardening part.

Moving on, up the cliff from this section is Puddles' house. Her house is DJ themed and has Disco K.K playing so I replicated that outside and gave her a runway with lights and confetti machines. Then across the way Grizzly and Phil live in a huge mess of flowers and trees. Just... Never got around to cleaning up in the upper cliffs.

I might update this with some pictures if I remember. In the meantime, here's my dream address I'm sure nobody will visit. I believe I last updated it around Easter so it's kinda old but nothing major has changed.

DA-8810-4650-7018

- What inspired something on your island?
My island was inspired by my previous New leaf town. I had so much fun creating it back then, I wanted to re do it again but in new horizons

I have a gloomy theme. My villagers are black and grey, and I have messy parts all around town.

A very long time. I’ve been playing since Wild World.

Crafting. I wish we could just buy the materials we use to craft, or the items themselves.

Cole, Mathilda, Rodeo, Roscoe, Agnes, Curt, Avery, Raddle , Nan. I wanted to have all black villagers like I did in my new leaf town. Some villagers didn’t fit in though, so I replaced a few with grey ones.

Decorating. I love decorating my houses and my whole island. It’s probably the only thing I do.

I don’t like that they didn’t add all the items from the previous games. New leaf brought back all the items from Wild World, and I was kind of expecting to get the same items from new leaf into new horizons. I wanted to recreate some rooms from my new leaf town, and I wasn’t able to recreate most of the rooms.
Also, no gyroids ( which are kind of items). They were my favorite things in the previous games. I loved decorating with them.

I think the lunar lander is the best item in game. I kind of have to include the tin bucket in the list as well ( since I’m pretty sure I have more than 40 across my town). I just stick then everywhere.

Not at the moment. I decorate as I go, and if I see an item I want, its not too hard to find it or trade for it.

No, I already have all the villagers I want. I have amiibos for all my favorites.

It’s ok. I have all the fossils found. The rest I’m not actively trying to complete. They will get complete as I play. My deep sea and fishing are probably up next for completion. I’m always fishing or deep diving trying to catch things for decoration purposes.

I don’t really keep track, but a lot. I’m always getting the pings from the nook miles.

Yes, I actively go to islands for trading purposes, and dreams.

- Do you participate in player made events?
I haven’t yet. I do see them around from time to time. One day I’d like to join in.

In new horizon, probably Harvey. I love his studio. I honestly didn’t think I would be using it as much as I have.

Sometimes but not lately. When I’m overwhelmed , I switch to doing some other task. I got bored of decorating my island recently, so I’m focusing on my houses. Once I get bored if that, I’ll switch back to the outside.

Not yet.

Yeah but not for the achievement or for the museum completion. Just for fun every once in a while.

Decorating.

Decorating.

I’m struggling to make my top river fishing accessible. I want it to look nice, but also want to be able to catch those river fish that hang out right on top of the waterfall. Mines are all blocked right now from accessing.

I just finished comoletely decorating my main playable character’s house.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I am loving the responses to this! I will be going back and reading through them all when my head doesn't hurt so bad! I am excited to see all the updates!

My island was inspired by the works of Fleischer Studios (think Betty Boop) and early Disney— essentially, countryside life in the 1920s and 30s. I have kept my island relatively uncluttered and “natural,” but a lot of thought has been put into the design of every inch of my island.

I started a week after game release, and play almost daily.

Flower maintenance. I wish we could turn off flower propagation after a certain point.

See my signature. Generally, I want a good variety across the board (species, personality, gender, etc). Also, I do consider house exteriors/interiors, in order to match my island aesthetic.

It is a relaxing escape!

I wish my town was more lively. It definitely feels like more was planned (i.e. more shops, NPCs, etc.) than what we currently have. I get that this was to be a deserted Island, but at this point, you’d think it would be developed enough for at least one or two more buildings.

Yes, I finished around December/January. I lucked out with Redd!

I am about 90% done. I think the big ones I am missing are the bug/fish collection achievements— I am about 2k out of 5k for each.

I like to dream travel! It is fun to see how others approach the game.

So, I am trying really hard to keep busy on a daily basis by doing a short housekeeping visit, but yes, this game is in desperate need of new content for me to fully enjoy the game again.

Yes— I have had all of the DIY recipes but one for awhile now. Why won‘t Puddles give me the top secret recipe to build a simple stool?! I mean, I can build a giant robot and spaceships, but I apparently will never learn how to stick a few pieces of wood together to make a stool. 😕 (and I want to get this on my own, not get it easy peasy via Nookazon).

- What are your future plans/hopes for your island?
I feel my island is as complete as it will be, given the current content available. I *hope* future updates will add at least another building or two, as I have space carved out for a shop like the Roost. I know it is unlikely, but I also hope that we can add at least two more villagers as well— I definitely have spots available for more houses, especially after I have moved things around a bit. I am at the point where my current ten are going to be lifers, but there are a few villagers out there that I would like to get, and there is always the possibility that new villagers might be added in the future.

Last edited:
Back