• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many times have you redone your island?

Counting only major terraforming: I've done it three times.

Redesigning a section of my island: I've lost count.

I’m onto my first re-do of everything.

I’ve been tweaking stuff, moving things around like anyone would. I just have issues with putting things down and then keeping them down 😐

I had my first version which was just a mess of me putting stuff without thinking about it on the long term. Then I made it medieval themed. Then I redid a better medieval themed island. Then I made something chill, with more space for flowers and for the villagers. Then I made it zelda themed. Now I am remaking without a clear idea in mind

About, uhh, 20 times by now, I guess. The thing that happens is that I see something really cool on Youtube or Twitter and I'm like "Jeez, that's really awesome, I should try to do something like that" but, since my island is pretty developed already, I end up removing parts of it so I can add newer segments. I do like every segment I have right now but we'll see, I think my restaurant/bar area could still use some work...

It's never been totally finished, but there are parts of the island I have redesigned 2 or 3 times I think

Four times. First I wanted to have a Japanese inspired island because there were so many pretty Japanese and Asian objects. That was right at the beginning when I didn't have terraforming yet and no clue what I wanted to do. After some time I redid pretty much the whole island, wanting a jungle theme. I replaced bridges, terraformed a whole lot and somewhen decided I've had enough of the jungle theme. Then I went for a Greek Mythology theme and loved it, but I just didn't have enough statues and zodiac recipes so it basically naturally changed to a natural theme, which I currently still have. Now it is supposed to feel like overgrown ruins and one big forest. Ooof...

I haven’t redesigned my island at all and have played since the launch date. I already knew the general idea for what I wanted my island to look like when I started playing, and have stuck with it. Sometimes I change a couple things, but nothing major.

As others have stated I never have completely finished my island, but two times ive come pretty close then realize I hate it lol. There are times where I want to reset but I feel like new horizons makes it harder bc I would have to relearn all the diys and also grind nook miles so I've decided to flatten my island again and try to work with what I've got. I tried to stick it out for the winter bc it's my favorite season but I gave in and am starting the moving island homes and buildings once again. But designing my island is what gets me to play more often so I don't mind. Overall, I'm still keeping the same theme just didn't like how I terraformed and where I placed buildings.

the sad reality is that instead of redoing my island, i just reset 😔 so, going by that, i believe i've reset (roughly) like 4 or 5 times. however my current island stands apart from the rest of my failures in that im Determined. therefore, even while im currently clawing my way thru the sweet torture that is decorating my island, ive already come up with New Ways to do Previously Made Things that i'll revisit once my island is Satisfactory.
Did you do a cleanup or a true reset? I still haven't even finished with my island XD

I changed things up many times, there are just so many possiblities and i also keep getting more ideas when i get new DIYs and furniture. It is normal to feel like that. Oh, i also have yet to get to the point where i feel my island is complete. It is still so early for me to reach that stage because i work slowly. I actually havent even completed my nl town yet!!

I redone my island like 50 times because I kept comparing myself to other people's island. I actually had a mental breakdown because I was so lost in my thoughts. So I restarted my island back in May 2020 and I just made whatever I felt stood out to me. Now I feel happy with it. Yeah it was a struggle but I felt great afterwards.

the most i've done lately was change the paths/bridges/inclines. however i have restarted the game easily over 5 times now.

that being said, i would not be against flattening my island sometime in the far future as i have too many items and dreamies to restart (and don't feel like restarting anyway tbh).

Back