• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How many times have you redone your island?

daffodilcrossing

Traveling Seashell Seller
Bells
I’m currently in the middle of redoing my island. This is the first time I’m redoing it but I did restart my whole game back in like June or late may so I guess overall it’s the second time. What different themes or aesthetics have you done? Have you ever completed a whole island just to realize you don’t like it anymore (that’s kinda what happened to me, I wasn’t one hundred percent done but I was close). How do you choose what to redo and what you want to redo the island into (like choose a new design)?

I have never completely re-done my island, because my island was never completely done to begin with. There are multiple areas that are purely stuffed with flowers because I hoarded hybrids in the early months of the game. I really need them gone and to design those areas but I'm worried that I'll lose my 5 star rating if I toss out too many flowers.

too many times to count. I still enjoy it though. I'm just struggling with the diys. I really want the palm tree lights and all of the flower ones.

Technically, I’ve redone once. Before I got my own Switch, I shared an island with my niece. I was in charge of path decorations, terraforming, and tree placements. We wanted our island to look pretty.

On that island, it had a natural mini island at the center that we made into a little park. It had one bridge already constructed and I was in the middle of paying off another. Hmm, I wonder if she ever did pay it off.

It also had the Able Sisters and T and T on the other side of the map, so that was a poor choice on my part. On my island, I put them right next to the town hall. It’s more convenient now.

On my niece’s island, the museum was placed near the beach and had an adequate size of empty land behind it. With my niece’s approval, I wanted to build a garden similar to that of the Getty’s Villa.
22F4DF56-F296-49DA-8E57-2A4060FD9655.jpeg
I never got to finish it, but the areas that I did finish came out nice, imo. On my island, I’m going to try again. I gave myself more land this time to add more bushes and flowers. I also want to make a large zen garden near the campsite area. Oh, on the second level, I’m going to use that area as a farm and pumpkin patch.

On my niece’s island, the town pathway was the coral mosaic looking one that’s included in the game. It looked really nice during spring and summer. My town pathway is the brown wooden
pathway that’s included in the game.

I haven't completely started over because each time I redo my island it's always section by section. My first "completed" version was in April. I changed it pretty drastically again in June and have kept this layout until Halloween, only changing decorations for seasonal decorations. I've done my biggest remodel since then recently, although it's not finished yet and there's 2 sections that I'm keeping the same. So in total 3.

Twice for a complete overhaul.

Inspiration for a different vibe causes me to do a complete redo. Thankfully previous island versions were only ever at 20-40% making it a lot easier to flatten and rework. For example, my previous direction for a natural forest town doesn't blend well with ideas for my new desert one.

Apart from those, my first design was a traditional downtown/city core with suburbs. I had reworked this one a little bit to include rock gardens and a few traditional Japan-inspired areas, but nothing extreme!

I won't call it as "redoing." But I am simply redecorating my island based on how the season changes. I also sometimes make minor tweaks to some sections but nothing really major. After all, I kinda like my initial design which doesn't follow a specific theme. I tend to focus more into interior design than reshaping my entire island.

I guess twice, in terms of re-setting. Once I had to do it because I had terraformed a lot, but badly, and the island just wasn't working for me anymore. The new one I like a lot better since I left the landscape more natural and only did a minimum of terraforming. Also, I planned the terraforming more thoroughly.

Four times. The first three times my island was more rural inspired, but I felt each time it lacked personality. Never quite liked anything I did. Being under lockdown because of the pandemic has caused me to have a serious case of wanderlust and I would absolutely love to see the Netherlands (even thought about moving there because of the... political climate where i live). I based my island off of canal cities like Amsterdam and Giethoorn. I even got bicycles along fences as biking is a very popular form of transportation in the country! :) I know the Netherlands is pretty flat, but I do have cliffs so that I can get fish that can only be found on cliff tops.

i haven't reset and i haven't torn down a majority of my island, so i'm still on my first time i guess. Things have changed overall and i have made adjustments and moved stuff all over the place, but that was more the initial figuring things out and then realizing where i wanted things.

the only area i have finished and then torn down to finish again was my museum entrance. it looked bad and wasted two inclines and i just didn't like it, so i redid it and am much happier with it the way it is now.

Two complete overhauls (moving multiple buildings, if not all of them, and destroying then building bridges and inclines).

The first one was largely unplanned, and I didn't get far into "completing" my island, so it didn't hurt me too much to overhaul it.

The second one (my current layout) was more planned, but there are optimizations I'd like to make in 2021, in addition to trying to make more use of terraforming. Clearly, I'm not in a rush to start my third iteration... which works out since I didn't anticipate getting seasonal recipes this season for my second character to be such a grind. xD

I've never restarted or redone my island. I've been slowly taking my time on decorating my island. The exterior portion is maybe 90% done. I'm super behind on interior decorating though. Having 5 fully upgraded houses probably doesn't help matters haha.

I've still been busy with work so I probably have less time to play than the average person on here. Some days I'm just too worn out or busy to play. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'm not sure. I definitely miss being a student and having so much more time after classes to play as well as summer break.

I've redone mini sections of my island countless times, but I only once completely flattened about 80% of my island one time. It was really fun and satisfying and I would totally recommend it to anyone who wants a complete change but doesn't want to reset.

I've only demolished two terraformed landscapes completely on my island because those were done on the fly which in my case don't turn out too well.

I'm better off planning than winging it.

that sounds like such a nightmare to me- to finally finish an island and realise you don’t like it :eek: i guess it would keep the game fresh and interesting in later game, and give you something to do if you felt like you’d done it all- but i’m looking forward to just the daily talking to me villagers and doing small errands like fossil hunting fishing and big catching once i’ve finished decorating :) as well as adding new items in upcoming updates to add to it and changing it for seasons :) i have so much respect for the patience and commitment it must take to redo your whole island lol.

My island's currently on its second-and-a-half iteration. I redid it once completely when I first got the Island Designer, then I decided to do it over again and about half way through I decided to redesign it, leading me up to my current iteration. Likely going to keep it for the remainder of Winter up until Spring, where I'll likely redesign my island again.

I've reset 3 times, my final time being in April/may I believe? I've always disliked my island but made do with what I had. I think this opinion I had of my island kind of put me off playing for a while, and just recently I plucked up the courage to flatten out my island. Almost halfway done and I'm so glad! It was overrun with flowers/weeds and just general mess before and I felt so much better seeing it all empty lol. Also, I've seen so many layered cottage core towns that I really want to base my island on. I figured it would be easier to spend time re-designing my island rather than resetting and losing all progress so far. It'll be a lot of effort but at least it gives me something to do!

I have completely reshaped it only twice. I got it very beginning of July and took a full month off. lol, first time I was nearly finished and decided I wanted another go, much happier with this version!

has anyone genuinely 100% completed their island before, in order to redo it? personally, i don't see me ever being able to officially finish my island because i'm constantly changing things, adding, subtracting, etc. to it. there's too much to do in my opinion for me to ever run out of possibilities or motivation to tweak something else.

i can't count how much i've worked on; it's been quite a bit. but then again, like i stated above, i've never been able to classify as my island as a finished product yet.

Back