• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What have you done to your island? (Detailed posts welcome)

What inspired something on your island?
My religion.

What theme/s do you have on your island?
My island is what occurs when a pride parade crashes into 19th century England.

How long have you been playing ACNH?
Since launch.

What do you find most tedious to do in the game?
Digging up flowers.

What villagers do you have and why?
Goose and Katt arrived on the island at the same time as me and I instantly fell in love with both of them. I went hunting for Lobo and instead found Wolfgang, and they're basically the same villager, so I invited him. Sylvana, Carmen, and Teddy I came across in my campsite and thought, 'you'll do'. Raddle, Fuchsia, and Cyd are the only villagers I went actively looking for and I received them from other people on this forum. Can't remember why I invited Whitney or how I obtained her (either island hopping or campsite).

What do you love most about this game?
Emotes.

What do you dislike about the game?
Pop-in / lag.

What is your favorite item in the game?
Mohawk wig.

Are you searching for any specific items?
Ship-wheel door decoration. I missed it.

Have you been on a dream hunt?
I don't know what this is.

What detail have you put into your island?
Lots of flowers - some of them are even intentional!

How finished is your museum?
Fossil section is finished. Fish and bug probably aren't too terrible. Diving creatures section is dire.

How many achievements have you done?
I'm not actively aiming for them, so probably not very many.

Do you like to visit other islands?
Yes.

Do you participate in player made events?
Only as a guinea pig in @pandapples events.

Who is your favorite NPC?
Flick.

Do you feel overwhelmed with everything in game sometimes?
Always. I'd play it more if I found the thought of loading it up less intimidating.

Are you bored of the game?
No.

Do you like doing things like diving, fishing, bug catching?
I find diving boring but I enjoy the other two.

What do you find most fun about the game?
Decorating.

What do you spend the most time doing in game?
Recording footage. About a month ago we launched our TBT Island Tours video series on the forum's YouTube channel and I have been enjoying going to visit TBT members islands!

Are you having any struggles in game?
The girl next door won't go on a date with me.

Any recent successes in game you want to mention?
Goose and I egged her house and blamed it on Teddy.

Tropical pirate adventure town

Launch date

Creating diagonal rivers

Outdoor decorating, terraforming and the reactions.

The collisions (hitboxes for non game dev?) and lack of interactable items.
There's different kinds of collisions in games but all the items in ACNH are box collisions which are pretty terrible. If you get stuck on invisible corners, that's not good.
Then we have these fun items like horse springy ride or the lunar rover and I can't even sit on them. It's bizarre. I'm just an observer in my own world.

I do! I don't do it often because I get lost easily, lol.

Yup. I've made some myself like a scavenger hunt, then a catalog party with the spin the wheel mechanic. My friend has made a relay race and an Easter maze. The Easter Maze was fun and scary.

Nope.

Nope. I am playing other games though atm.

Building trust with friends and then watching them fall in pitfalls.

Decorating or creating custom designs.

Trying to not panic when I'm being sneaky.

I built a guillotine on my island!

- What inspired something on your island?
Stardew Valley inspired some of my farming areas.

- What theme/s do you have on your island?
Shabby/Rural/Farming

- How long have you been playing ACNH?
Since the games release.

- What do you find most tedious to do in the game?
Crafting fishing bait.

- What villagers do you have and why?
Gaston, Dotty, Ruby, Claude, Genji, Coco, Toby, Nan, Mac & Deirdre. I have mostly rabbits because they're my favourite but there's a few other villagers I've grown attached to that are other species.

- What do you love most about this game?
Being able to decorate outside.

- What do you dislike about the game?
Lack of other activities besides designing your island.

- What is your favorite item in the game?
Hay bed or something from the mush set.

- Are you searching for any specific items?
No my catalog is complete.

- Have you been on a dream hunt?
No I am happy with my current villagers.

- What detail have you put into your island?
I've placed paths around my whole island and decorated around each house & building.

- How finished is your museum?
Only the art portion but there's still the fish, bug and diving creatures to complete. The fishing portion will probably be completed next.

- Are you bored of the game?
Yes I am but I've put almost 1,000 hours into the game so it's to be expected. I haven't played in over a month or long and before that I found myself playing for only a couple minutes before turning it off.

I'm always redecorating parts of my island too! I had so many flowers piling up on my beaches that one day I decided to re-do all of my garden areas (it took 2.5 days), and then winter started basically the next day and everything was overgrown again! :eek:

I went on a hunt to find Megan, and I found her after ~115 NMTs! I think that was a success really, because I had planned for travelling to a lot more mystery islands. I have a lot of amiibo cards (not all though), so I've tagged some that I'm interested in inviting to my campsite to "get to know". At the moment, it's Maple I'm thinking of inviting, and also a cranky. For the cranky, I had Apollo in PC and loved him, but I think I'll go with either Curt, Grizzly (bears), Walt (kangaroo) or Wolfgang (wolf)!

I think my dreamies were probably just Agnes and Patty really. Who are your dreamies that you're hoping to invite to your island?

I also saw you're interested in hosting events! I used to have a hedge maze on my island, where visitors could run the maze and find hidden gifts (I eventually pulled it down to make a forest). I haven't been to one in ages but I used to love going to cataloging parties! Often they would have a theme too, which was super cute. What sort of events are you interested in hosting? I think it would be so hard to coordinate who is attending and the date/time!
Oh my gosh that had to have been frustrating for you to have done that work and then had it back. I had over six months of unkept flowers just growing, I tend to skip around myself so they were absolutely everywhere.

That is a lot of nmt! Do you currently have the amiibo cards of the ones you have tagged that you are interested in? I think I have an amiibo of maple if you don't have one. I only have I think a set of 25 my husband bought me.

To be honest I haven't played in so long until recently I'm not sure who I want to chase as my dreamy anymore. I think I need to go through a list of all the after release ones too and see who I love.

As for events, I am actually redoing my island to be at least 4 different theme areas for birthday parties. In the common areas I would like to have places for scavenger hunts, bug/fish tournaments, number unscrambles and various other little games. I hosted a party the other day and it was pretty successful! Just without the birthday stuff. I let people come visit all the time and I love having people here. Could you tell me what you made your maze walls out of by chance?
Post automatically merged:

@Alitear
I find silly backstories help me from being bored by the villagers' repetitive dialogues lol. Things can take a different meaning, like in New Leaf I thought of Tutu as being high when she'd tell me abt how the flowers were insulting her or when she said she's carrying sasparilla in her watering can ha!

The monsters enjoying a bday party location is now turned into a yoga class for Haven's residents (you can check it out on my DA-0109-6875-5636 - it's behind my house), though you are welcome if you ever want to check it out in person too!

In past AC games, grass erosion was a huge problem. When we walk and esp. run on the grass, it'll quickly become dirt and took so long to get the grass to grow back.

It's perfect when you want to create dirt paths, but super annoying when the whole town becomes bald & no grass is left. Most of us used custom patterns to disguise the dirt but it was normal for ppl to tell/ yell at new visitors to stick to the path and NOT RUN on the grass!! lol.
Oh that is brilliant! I never thought to give them a back story! I think I may do that once I have 100% figured out what villagers will be my final set.

I would love to visit your island, it may be easier for me to travel to the da at the moment though.

That sounds very realistic! I actually like that but at the same time I run everywhere so my island would be all dirt lol. I can understand now why running through flowers is usually a bad idea on other peoples islands.

what inspired something on your island?
i honestly haven’t worked on my island very much lol, but celeste was actually the inspiration behind one of my few completed areas! i’d known for a while that i wanted to have a lounge area near my rs, but i couldn’t figure out what i wanted it to look like or what i wanted it to include. however, i had a pretty big surge of creativity a few months ago, which led to me creating a lounge area dedicated to celeste that included the few ideas that i had for a stargazing area. i may wind up tearing it down when/if i ever begin trying to terraform my island, but for right now i’m pretty proud of it. 😊

what theme/s do you have on your island?
again, i haven’t worked on it all that much, but i’m planning on incorporating a bunch of different themes such as kidcore, rainbow, naturecore, pastel, rustic, etc. i tried to stick with just one theme at first, but i didn’t have fun with that and found that it made trying to decorate even harder, so i’ve decided to just go wild pretty much lol.

how long have you been playing ACNH?
i’ve taken quite a few breaks from it, but i’ve had the game since launch!

what do you find most tedious to do in the game?
digging up flowers after it rains, for sure. i’ve gotten pretty good at avoiding having to do it after learning that if you time travel backwards to a point during the day where it wasn’t raining, your flowers will no longer be watered! though, this isn’t always an option as sometimes i have turnips or a day where it doesn’t stop raining, so i still have to deal with ridiculous flower growth occasionally, which isn’t very fun. 🥴

what villagers do you have and why?
right now, i have beau, audie, whitney, sprinkle, bruce, del, merengue, marty, margie and fuchsia! all of them except for bruce, del and merengue are permanent. other than these being some of my favourite villagers, i don’t really have any reasoning behind why i chose them — i just love them. some of them, such as margie and marty, only became favourites of mine with new horizons, whereas with others such as beau and sprinkle, i’ve adored them since my new leaf days. i plan on coming up with backstories for my villagers in the future, but for right now, we’re all just vibing. 😋

are you looking for any specific items?
the blue tam’o’shanter! i’ve been hounding gulliver for it every time that he wishes up on my beach, and have my two alt characters helping as well, so hopefully he’ll give it to me one of these days. i’m determined to get it on my own rather than trade for it, so that i have something to do haha.

have you ever been on a dream hunt?
you mean like when island hopping? if so, i have been, but only during my first few months with the game. back when i had a concrete dreamie list, i would always be searching for those on the list — dobie, sprinkle, margie, skye, lolly, audie, diana and fuchsia/agnes/katt. now, i’ve demolished that list for the most part, the only dreamie i still have being lolly. i’ve decided that i’m much more interested in meeting and earning the photos of as many villagers as possible, so until i wind up with 10 permanent villagers (which may never happen), i’ll just be working on that aha. nowadays, i never really have any specific villagers in mind when i go island hopping; i just invite whoever i like or am interested in, regardless of their personality, gender, species, etc. though, i’ll be keeping an eye out for friga during my upcoming island hopping sessions, as i’d really like to have her. 😊

what detail have you put into your island?
i honestly only have like,, two completed areas atm LOL, but i find that i really like having a bunch of custom designs on the ground, such as flowers, mushrooms, etc. it might be a bit much, but i find that it helps an area feel more full and lively. i did this with my celeste lounge area and did this with my other completed area (my backyard) as well.
i’ve also included some personal details that i don’t have any photos of on hand, such as a chessboard area to represent a spot in the city that i live in, a pet bed in my bedroom that has a black kitty custom design to represent my irl black kitty and a custom design of the forums on a laptop in my bedroom since well,, i’m on here a lot lol. i plan on adding a few more personal touches to my bedroom and to other areas in the future, such as memorial areas for a few people who mean a lot to me who sadly are no longer with us.

how finished is your museum?
as of march of this year, my museum is 100% complete!

how many achievements have you done?
i’ve completed 77/87 achievements! completing them all is a goal of mine and while it’s definitely been a slow process, i only have angling for perfection, you’ve got the bug, deep dive, diy tools, diy furniture, flower power, cornering the stalk market, popular pen pal, k.k. mania and birthday celebration left to work on. i’m also very close to being done with flower power and birthday celebration! 🥳

my island is absolutely a WIP, in terms of both decorating and backstories. i hope to continue decorating in the near future, though, and have begun working on the backstory for my island, even if that backstory so far is just my island being an escape from the unpleasant stuff that goes on in my real life lol. but until i get some more stuff worked out and get my creative juices flowing again, my island’s a pretty casual place and i’m just working on completing my catalog, all nook mile achievements and earning villager photos.

also, hope my post format and the fact that i answered based off of your questions is okay! i find it easier to get my thoughts out there when there’s a format to follow, rather than me essentially going freestyle and trying to wing it. 😅

Your celeste inspired area sounds absolutely lovely and like it would be a very relaxing place to hang out. As for not sticking to a theme, I can completely understand why you would jump around. I have so many ideas in so many themes its crazy.

Oh I have never thought to use tt to avid the flowers! That is a brilliant idea and I will have to use it from now on thank you!

I am the same way with my villagers, the ones I thought I was absolutely attached to I am not not so in favor of so I will be switching out, I am like you, just vibing with them at the moment.

I was going to suggest a trading platform for you but you are 100% right it gives you something to work for.

If you ever do want lolly I do have her as an amiibo I can kick someone out and get her available for you.

I am so guilty of using custom content! I have an Avatar themed garden that is full of cc flowers. Having the ability to add those personal touches is very nice and I love that you use them in a way that represents you.

It is absolutely okay to use the format! I adore being able to read you guys answers and this actually keeps it really clean. I am a fan of format myself :)

The new theme I'm working on is inspired by London tbh, where I used to live and where I was happiest. This means a lot of grey, with pops of red (think red phone boxes - classic London)

-What theme/s do you have on your island?

European city, specifically London.

-How long have you been playing ACNH?
Since it came out, the day after my birthday in fact, so my switch and the game were my birthday present from my bf.

The fact you can't select bulk of bell tickets, so you're just there for about half an hour doing the whole longass process over and over is the worst ever. Terraforming is a long and expensive process. The flowers after the rain is a bit annoying. Crafting isn't my favourite, but I have become more tolerant of it.

Flurry, cos she's been my fave since New Leaf. I was lucky enough to get Audie as my first villager from a random island and Raymond as the first campsite visitor, both of whom I have kept longterm and can't see letting go. I especially like Audie, both her design and where her name came from. Whilst her house wouldn't fit my main island theme, I have a little beach campsite rural area, where she lives. I actually built it around her home, which has never moved. Shari and Marty also live there. Shari was one of my starters and I love how she sings all the time. Marty I felt I needed to use, what with all the trouble people had with sourcing his amiibo, I felt bad if I didn't use him haha. So he runs the beach bar etc and Shari has a farm. The others I have are Apollo, Marshal, Tiffany, Rod (as of today) and Marcie, though Marcie definitely isn't staying sadly. I have Sylvia's amiibo, who is likely her replacemant. I tried with Marcie, but just couldn't make her house fit. My villagers are mostly chosen for their houses now, or at least with houses that I can make fit somehow. I like to have one of each personality type +1 extra male type and +1 extra female type.

Being able to completely choose the town layout, without fear of someone dumping their house all over my hard work. I also like that the villagers don't just randomly leave.

The things I mentioned under the tedious question, plus the lack of multiplayer options and beloved NPC's :'(

The black streetlamps and red phone boxes.

I suppose not right now, but I hope to get more Christmas decorations this year as I barely got any. Also I have been waiting to get the stacked zen cushion recipe since forever and it never turns up!

Nope. I just took whoever I found. Luckily one of them was Audie.

Loads of phone boxes and streetlamps haha

The fossil section is finished. The rest is not, because I can rarely be bothered, especially since sea creatures were added.

- How many achievements have you done?

Dunno, don't keep track.

- Do you like to visit other islands?

Yes, I love it!

- Do you participate in player made events? (If so what is your favorite)

No, but I would like to someday.

- Who is your favorite NPC?

I miss Katrina, I quite like Celeste and Kicks though. Pascal is also a cool guy.

- Do you feel overwhelmed with everything in game sometimes?

Sometimes

No, but then I am still in the process of redesigning my island, so there's still plenty to do.

- Do you like doing things like diving, fishing, bug catching?

Not really tbh.

- What do you find most fun about the game?

Creating and interacting.

- What do you spend the most time doing in game?

Redesigning atm. Otherwise, interacting with villagers I suppose.

- Are you having any struggles in game?

I wish we could have more than 8 inclines. I really struggled to get it down to 8.

- Any recent successes in game you want to mention?

Not exactly, I sort of reach my own achievements rather than set ones.

I bet your island is absolutely beautiful! Those phone boxes make me think of London too!

Aww that was perfect timing for your birthday gift.

The nook shopping does take forever! And the fact that I can only order 5 items a day bothers me.

Your mix of villagers sounds absolutely amazing! I am very happy that you found so many that you like. I myself have some amiibo that I am going to think about using but I have to figure out who stays or goes first.

:eek:I know over time all of my villagers would have left me, I do too much tt. If they up and left I would be all by myself.

If I am able to obtain the Zen Cushions diy would you like it? I use nookazon a lot so I think I can get it for you. I also have some leftover christmas decorations I could give you as well if you would want them?

My island is eclectic, and I love it that way. I made a bunch of little set pieces that inspired me.

I’m not into the whole “-core” design philosophy, at least not yet. I still have bugs to catch, art to find, items to collect, DIYs to build, etc. so my island really is just a reflection of my time and love of the game.

Core design? I fell a little out of the loop here because I have no idea what that even is. It sounds like you do love the game very much, I have lots of in game goals and my own personal ones to reach myself.

My island does not have an overarching theme to it. Basically I decide I want something and kinda make a little segment/area that accommodates it. I do very little terraforming, my island looks almost the same as when I started.

The main area, the part you're restricted to at the beginning, is basically like "founders' land." Resident services, the Nookling Shop, and my two starter villagers' homes are on this area (as well as my house). I gave Billy a yard that resembles the GC game's dump, and I gave Plucky a garden of flowers in her back yard. She's also got a little campfire seating area, as that was one of the first things I ever did on the island. There's also a small park that I made, with a picnic area and some seating, a fountain, as well as a bench by a pond. Instead of straight full paths, I path everything together using a series of round patches, so it's like a polkadot/steppingstone path to each area. Oh, and I made music notes using paths near RS. This pathing pattern is continued across the island.

Just above that I stuck the Able Sisters'. They don't really match anything around them haha. To the left is a small Bamboo area where Coco used to live, but then I got Walt and he fit better there, so I moved them. To the right of the Ables' is the beach rocks where I made a small shell dining area(?) It's dumb but I don't have any ideas to replace it.

To the left of the Founders' Land is a small seasonal display area I made. I basically use that to display the currently obtainable furniture or crafts, it's been Christmas, Easter, etc. Right now it's a small farmer's market. The beach right below this area is my surfer/tropical spot, just some surfboards and a bonfire to sit around. Bangle lives here. Oh, and the campsite is here. I wanna move it to a more foresty "camping" ground, but I like the close location to my house lol. That and cleaning flowers is a pain. Anyway, on this part of the land, I also have a recital hall. I wanna replace it but don't know with what. Farther up the left beach I have a black market by the lighthouse, and a hidden path to get to Redd's when he's there. My favorite part of the island, however, is near the river on this section, I made a little homeless area with boxes and a street organ. Idk, it's weirdly cute.

Moving up from here, I have a pumpkin patch leftover from October, and then farther up a flower breeding patch. It used to be a playground here, but I thought that was overdone. Two of my normals (I have too many ATM) live in this patch cuz of the gardening part.

Moving on, up the cliff from this section is Puddles' house. Her house is DJ themed and has Disco K.K playing so I replicated that outside and gave her a runway with lights and confetti machines. Then across the way Grizzly and Phil live in a huge mess of flowers and trees. Just... Never got around to cleaning up in the upper cliffs.

I might update this with some pictures if I remember. In the meantime, here's my dream address I'm sure nobody will visit. I believe I last updated it around Easter so it's kinda old but nothing major has changed.

DA-8810-4650-7018

Oh wow! Your island sounds amazing and I love the fact that you haven't really changed the structural layout of your island but it sounds like you have put in a lot of work and effort on it. I would love to use the DA when I have time to check it out, it sounds absolutely lovely.

Last edited:
My island was inspired by my previous New leaf town. I had so much fun creating it back then, I wanted to re do it again but in new horizons

I have a gloomy theme. My villagers are black and grey, and I have messy parts all around town.

A very long time. I’ve been playing since Wild World.

Crafting. I wish we could just buy the materials we use to craft, or the items themselves.

Cole, Mathilda, Rodeo, Roscoe, Agnes, Curt, Avery, Raddle , Nan. I wanted to have all black villagers like I did in my new leaf town. Some villagers didn’t fit in though, so I replaced a few with grey ones.

Decorating. I love decorating my houses and my whole island. It’s probably the only thing I do.

I don’t like that they didn’t add all the items from the previous games. New leaf brought back all the items from Wild World, and I was kind of expecting to get the same items from new leaf into new horizons. I wanted to recreate some rooms from my new leaf town, and I wasn’t able to recreate most of the rooms.
Also, no gyroids ( which are kind of items). They were my favorite things in the previous games. I loved decorating with them.

I think the lunar lander is the best item in game. I kind of have to include the tin bucket in the list as well ( since I’m pretty sure I have more than 40 across my town). I just stick then everywhere.

Not at the moment. I decorate as I go, and if I see an item I want, its not too hard to find it or trade for it.

No, I already have all the villagers I want. I have amiibos for all my favorites.

It’s ok. I have all the fossils found. The rest I’m not actively trying to complete. They will get complete as I play. My deep sea and fishing are probably up next for completion. I’m always fishing or deep diving trying to catch things for decoration purposes.

I don’t really keep track, but a lot. I’m always getting the pings from the nook miles.

Yes, I actively go to islands for trading purposes, and dreams.

- Do you participate in player made events?
I haven’t yet. I do see them around from time to time. One day I’d like to join in.

In new horizon, probably Harvey. I love his studio. I honestly didn’t think I would be using it as much as I have.

Sometimes but not lately. When I’m overwhelmed , I switch to doing some other task. I got bored of decorating my island recently, so I’m focusing on my houses. Once I get bored if that, I’ll switch back to the outside.

Not yet.

Yeah but not for the achievement or for the museum completion. Just for fun every once in a while.

Decorating.

Decorating.

I’m struggling to make my top river fishing accessible. I want it to look nice, but also want to be able to catch those river fish that hang out right on top of the waterfall. Mines are all blocked right now from accessing.

I just finished comoletely decorating my main playable character’s house.

ACNH is my first AC game so far. I think I am going to go back and try some of the old ones. What was your favorite aspect of the older game/s?

Since your island has a gloomy theme, do you tend to stay in a certain time of the year or all around? I find that concept really interesting, I think if it were me I would tt to gloomy days so I could keep a theme.

I think buying materials would be really handy! Or a faster system of purchasing on the nook shop.

I think it would be lovely if over time they released some of those items in dlc.

Is there a reason you have so many buckets?

Oh deep diving! I haven't done that since it almost came out. Out of everything i think my fossils are the one that are most complete too.

I myself haven't used the studio much, do you like taking pictures there or what use do you use it for?

Congratulations on completing your main house!!

My island was inspired by the works of Fleischer Studios (think Betty Boop) and early Disney— essentially, countryside life in the 1920s and 30s. I have kept my island relatively uncluttered and “natural,” but a lot of thought has been put into the design of every inch of my island.

I started a week after game release, and play almost daily.

Flower maintenance. I wish we could turn off flower propagation after a certain point.

See my signature. Generally, I want a good variety across the board (species, personality, gender, etc). Also, I do consider house exteriors/interiors, in order to match my island aesthetic.

It is a relaxing escape!

I wish my town was more lively. It definitely feels like more was planned (i.e. more shops, NPCs, etc.) than what we currently have. I get that this was to be a deserted Island, but at this point, you’d think it would be developed enough for at least one or two more buildings.

Yes, I finished around December/January. I lucked out with Redd!

I am about 90% done. I think the big ones I am missing are the bug/fish collection achievements— I am about 2k out of 5k for each.

I like to dream travel! It is fun to see how others approach the game.

So, I am trying really hard to keep busy on a daily basis by doing a short housekeeping visit, but yes, this game is in desperate need of new content for me to fully enjoy the game again.

Yes— I have had all of the DIY recipes but one for awhile now. Why won‘t Puddles give me the top secret recipe to build a simple stool?! I mean, I can build a giant robot and spaceships, but I apparently will never learn how to stick a few pieces of wood together to make a stool. 😕 (and I want to get this on my own, not get it easy peasy via Nookazon).

- What are your future plans/hopes for your island?
I feel my island is as complete as it will be, given the current content available. I *hope* future updates will add at least another building or two, as I have space carved out for a shop like the Roost. I know it is unlikely, but I also hope that we can add at least two more villagers as well— I definitely have spots available for more houses, especially after I have moved things around a bit. I am at the point where my current ten are going to be lifers, but there are a few villagers out there that I would like to get, and there is always the possibility that new villagers might be added in the future.

Oh my gosh! I absolutely love islands that have some sort of disney inspiration to them.

It would be amazing if there was an off switch for flower growth. Or something you could use on the flowers to stop growth and something to restart it.

I think it would be nice if the festival/ special event characters got their own business or even a little addition on other buildings. It does really still seem deserted.

I do have respect for you for trying to find that last diy on your own. I bet you have an overpour of extras laying around :)

I would love it if they would allow us to just have a ton of villagers and homes but choose how many we want.

Last edited:
My religion.

My island is what occurs when a pride parade crashes into 19th century England.

Since launch.

Digging up flowers.

What villagers do you have and why?
Goose and Katt arrived on the island at the same time as me and I instantly fell in love with both of them. I went hunting for Lobo and instead found Wolfgang, and they're basically the same villager, so I invited him. Sylvana, Carmen, and Teddy I came across in my campsite and thought, 'you'll do'. Raddle, Fuchsia, and Cyd are the only villagers I went actively looking for and I received them from other people on this forum. Can't remember why I invited Whitney or how I obtained her (either island hopping or campsite).

Emotes.

Pop-in / lag.

What is your favorite item in the game?
Mohawk wig.

Ship-wheel door decoration. I missed it.

I don't know what this is.

Lots of flowers - some of them are even intentional!

Fossil section is finished. Fish and bug probably aren't too terrible. Diving creatures section is dire.

I'm not actively aiming for them, so probably not very many.

Yes.

Only as a guinea pig in @pandapples events.

Flick.

Always. I'd play it more if I found the thought of loading it up less intimidating.

No.

I find diving boring but I enjoy the other two.

Decorating.

Recording footage. About a month ago we launched our TBT Island Tours video series on the forum's YouTube channel and I have been enjoying going to visit TBT members islands!

The girl next door won't go on a date with me.

Goose and I egged her house and blamed it on Teddy.

Oh wow, is the clashing of the parade into england a good thing on your island or interpreted in another way?

A dream hunt is basically where you use nook tickets to go and find villagers that you love. You usually go with a specific villager in mind.

If I could somehow trade for that item for you would you want it? No guarantee I can achieve that but I can try.

What exactly is the TBT island tours?

Oh my gosh that had to have been frustrating for you to have done that work and then had it back. I had over six months of unkept flowers just growing, I tend to skip around myself so they were absolutely everywhere.

That is a lot of nmt! Do you currently have the amiibo cards of the ones you have tagged that you are interested in? I think I have an amiibo of maple if you don't have one. I only have I think a set of 25 my husband bought me.

To be honest I haven't played in so long until recently I'm not sure who I want to chase as my dreamy anymore. I think I need to go through a list of all the after release ones too and see who I love.

As for events, I am actually redoing my island to be at least 4 different theme areas for birthday parties. In the common areas I would like to have places for scavenger hunts, bug/fish tournaments, number unscrambles and various other little games. I hosted a party the other day and it was pretty successful! Just without the birthday stuff. I let people come visit all the time and I love having people here. Could you tell me what you made your maze walls out of by chance?

Oh that is brilliant! I never thought to give them a back story! I think I may do that once I have 100% figured out what villagers will be my final set.

I would love to visit your island, it may be easier for me to travel to the da at the moment though.

That sounds very realistic! I actually like that but at the same time I run everywhere so my island would be all dirt lol. I can understand now why running through flowers is usually a bad idea on other peoples islands.

Luckily I do have the Maple amiibo, and probably have amiibos for most of the villagers I’m interested in. Thanks so much for the offer!

The themed birthday party areas sounds amazing, and so do the ideas for the games!

My maze was sort of a garden-themed hedge maze, with a garden and seating in the centre. I made the walls of the maze out of hedge fencing, which you’d think would be too short, but I thought it was quite successful, because if the maze is taller than the screen (which is likely), seeing over the hedge doesn’t provide much of an advantage anyway. I also used trees inside the maze, in line with the fencing, which helped to provide an obstructed view in some areas! I also used shrubs and flowers, which I hoped would confuse my victims visitors! 😋 Then I scattered gifts behind flowers/shrubs, at dead ends, and at the end of the maze of course. 😊

Tropical pirate adventure town

Launch date

Creating diagonal rivers

Outdoor decorating, terraforming and the reactions.

The collisions (hitboxes for non game dev?) and lack of interactable items.
There's different kinds of collisions in games but all the items in ACNH are box collisions which are pretty terrible. If you get stuck on invisible corners, that's not good.
Then we have these fun items like horse springy ride or the lunar rover and I can't even sit on them. It's bizarre. I'm just an observer in my own world.

I do! I don't do it often because I get lost easily, lol.

Yup. I've made some myself like a scavenger hunt, then a catalog party with the spin the wheel mechanic. My friend has made a relay race and an Easter maze. The Easter Maze was fun and scary.

Nope.

Nope. I am playing other games though atm.

Building trust with friends and then watching them fall in pitfalls.

Decorating or creating custom designs.

Trying to not panic when I'm being sneaky.

I built a guillotine on my island!

Oh my gosh a pirate town sounds absolutely amazing!! I love everything pirates themed.

Rivers and waterfalls get me every single time I try to make one!

I fell the same way about the interactive items, I fell like there are more things you should be able to do even if its just your character playing with a toy.

Stardew Valley inspired some of my farming areas.

Shabby/Rural/Farming

Since the games release.

Crafting fishing bait.

Gaston, Dotty, Ruby, Claude, Genji, Coco, Toby, Nan, Mac & Deirdre. I have mostly rabbits because they're my favourite but there's a few other villagers I've grown attached to that are other species.

Being able to decorate outside.

Lack of other activities besides designing your island.

Hay bed or something from the mush set.

No my catalog is complete.

No I am happy with my current villagers.

I've placed paths around my whole island and decorated around each house & building.

Only the art portion but there's still the fish, bug and diving creatures to complete. The fishing portion will probably be completed next.

Yes I am but I've put almost 1,000 hours into the game so it's to be expected. I haven't played in over a month or long and before that I found myself playing for only a couple minutes before turning it off.

I love playing stardew valley! Oh my gosh it has been one of my top 3 games since it came out.

I haven't really tried crafting fishing bait yet, I need to give that a go and see how it works.

Your group of villagers sounds amazing!

You have been playing for a very long time, I am not sure how many hours i've put into decorating myself to be honest.

Luckily I do have the Maple amiibo, and probably have amiibos for most of the villagers I’m interested in. Thanks so much for the offer!

The themed birthday party areas sounds amazing, and so do the ideas for the games!

My maze was sort of a garden-themed hedge maze, with a garden and seating in the centre. I made the walls of the maze out of hedge fencing, which you’d think would be too short, but I thought it was quite successful, because if the maze is taller than the screen (which is likely), seeing over the hedge doesn’t provide much of an advantage anyway. I also used trees inside the maze, in line with the fencing, which helped to provide an obstructed view in some areas! I also used shrubs and flowers, which I hoped would confuse my victims visitors! 😋 Then I scattered gifts behind flowers/shrubs, at dead ends, and at the end of the maze of course. 😊

No problem at all, I've been hunting items for people who are seeking them in this thread lol.

That sounds detailed and amazing! I will have to give it a go and see how I fair at maze building thank you for the advice.

ACNH is my first AC game so far. I think I am going to go back and try some of the old ones. What was your favorite aspect of the older game/s?

Since your island has a gloomy theme, do you tend to stay in a certain time of the year or all around? I find that concept really interesting, I think if it were me I would tt to gloomy days so I could keep a theme.

I think buying materials would be really handy! Or a faster system of purchasing on the nook shop.

I think it would be lovely if over time they released some of those items in dlc.

Oh deep diving! I haven't done that since it almost came out. Out of everything i think my fossils are the one that are most complete too.

I myself haven't used the studio much, do you like taking pictures there or what use do you use it for?

Congratulations on completing your main house!!
I really liked some of the interactions in the older games. For example, in wild world, the Cranky villagers would treat you a little bit meaner, and it was fun. There was also resetti who would threaten to erase your whole game if quit without saving. In new leaf, they weren’t as mean, but they were more interactive as well. Villagers would
Randomly show up on your house to visit. The game also had dead trees, which would be nice to have in a gloomy town.

Though I really enjoyed the older titles, I don’t really see myself going back. It’s hard to get used to the graphics now that I play new horizons. Also, villagers placing themselves anywhere wasn’t something I particularly liked in older titles.

I do time travel a lot. I like to stay in on the summer and spring seasons. You’d think that I would like winter and Autumn better because of the gloomy theme, but I enjoy the coloring on the other seasons more. I especially love summer since it’s rainy season. I write down the days with my favorite rains and I to tend to go back to them. I like playing the game in rainy days. I’d love to find my dog schedule to play on foggy days as well. I haven’t figured it out yet though.

Back when new leaf was active they gave us a huge update that included a bunch of new amiibo characters and many new items. I hope the do that eventually and bring back older items. They gave us certain items in new horizon but kept some that I always wondered why they left out. One example is the old flooring. They brought back the old wallpaper, but left out the old flooring ( which just happened to be my favorite in new leaf).

They add to the gloomy look. Also for some reason it’s my go to item. If something doesn’t look nice, just add a tin bucket, and tada! Looks amazing.

I use it to decorate my house. I have my catalog competed, so I really like to plan out my rooms in Harvey’s, and then just transfer them over to my actual houses. That way I don’t have to spend so many bells trying different items out.

Oh wow, is the clashing of the parade into england a good thing on your island or interpreted in another way?

A dream hunt is basically where you use nook tickets to go and find villagers that you love. You usually go with a specific villager in mind.

If I could somehow trade for that item for you would you want it? No guarantee I can achieve that but I can try.

What exactly is the TBT island tours?
If LGBT+ pride and the Victorian era is up your alley then I suppose it is a good thing!

I think a lot of us just know that as "island hopping" on here, hence why a couple of us have been baffled by this terminology.

If you're able to find it I absolutely wouldn't say no to a trade!

TBT Island Tours is a series that showcases the AC:NH islands of TBT members. You can find out more about it and watch the first two episodes in the pinned thread here.

I've done just about everything but city core. I'm not very good at the fancy city styles one sees on YouTube with lots of detail and perfect custom designs. But I've made fairy tale, cottage, woodsy, town, etc. I've also cycled many villagers through with the help of time travel and earned 150 or so photos.

I’m working on a Halloween themed island! I tried to do one when the game first launched as that was my goal forever with new leaf and it just couldn’t be accomplished lol. With all the cool features of new horizons I’ve been having an absolute blast finally being able to achieve what I want. Really hoping they’ll add some new items to this years Halloween event like they did with bunny day, but I won’t get my hopes up lol.

on another note, my boyfriend is getting the new OLED switch since his switch is a launch one and can barely hold a charge anymore. But that means I get to take over the old one and have 2 islands! Mwahahaha!

I really liked some of the interactions in the older games. For example, in wild world, the Cranky villagers would treat you a little bit meaner, and it was fun. There was also resetti who would threaten to erase your whole game if quit without saving. In new leaf, they weren’t as mean, but they were more interactive as well. Villagers would
Randomly show up on your house to visit. The game also had dead trees, which would be nice to have in a gloomy town.

Though I really enjoyed the older titles, I don’t really see myself going back. It’s hard to get used to the graphics now that I play new horizons. Also, villagers placing themselves anywhere wasn’t something I particularly liked in older titles.

I do time travel a lot. I like to stay in on the summer and spring seasons. You’d think that I would like winter and Autumn better because of the gloomy theme, but I enjoy the coloring on the other seasons more. I especially love summer since it’s rainy season. I write down the days with my favorite rains and I to tend to go back to them. I like playing the game in rainy days. I’d love to find my dog schedule to play on foggy days as well. I haven’t figured it out yet though.

Back when new leaf was active they gave us a huge update that included a bunch of new amiibo characters and many new items. I hope the do that eventually and bring back older items. They gave us certain items in new horizon but kept some that I always wondered why they left out. One example is the old flooring. They brought back the old wallpaper, but left out the old flooring ( which just happened to be my favorite in new leaf).

They add to the gloomy look. Also for some reason it’s my go to item. If something doesn’t look nice, just add a tin bucket, and tada! Looks amazing.

I use it to decorate my house. I have my catalog competed, so I really like to plan out my rooms in Harvey’s, and then just transfer them over to my actual houses. That way I don’t have to spend so many bells trying different items out.

Oh wow those villager interactions sound lovely. I wish we did have a little more depth with ours on NH. I think dead trees would make a gloomy or even halloween theme even more realistic.

Ooh I love summer and spring in this game. Have you ever used the site to find your weather seed?

I wonder if they will do a big release then, or maybe keep slowly releasing them with the updates?

Oh I wasn't aware that you could plan things out from your own inventory!!! I think I need to visit them soon.

If LGBT+ pride and the Victorian era is up your alley then I suppose it is a good thing!

I think a lot of us just know that as "island hopping" on here, hence why a couple of us have been baffled by this terminology.

If you're able to find it I absolutely wouldn't say no to a trade!

TBT Island Tours is a series that showcases the AC:NH islands of TBT members. You can find out more about it and watch the first two episodes in the pinned thread here.

I think that would be lovely to see! I do love lgbt and pride themed items. I am trying to imagine that with Victorian era items :)

Oh! I have always heard of it as a dream hunt. I never knew that it was called anything else lol.

I did locate the pirate ship wheel door decoration, is that what you are looking for? If so let me know when you are on next and I can get it to you.

I've done just about everything but city core. I'm not very good at the fancy city styles one sees on YouTube with lots of detail and perfect custom designs. But I've made fairy tale, cottage, woodsy, town, etc. I've also cycled many villagers through with the help of time travel and earned 150 or so photos.

Wow that is a lot of villagers! And your island sounds amazing!

I’m working on a Halloween themed island! I tried to do one when the game first launched as that was my goal forever with new leaf and it just couldn’t be accomplished lol. With all the cool features of new horizons I’ve been having an absolute blast finally being able to achieve what I want. Really hoping they’ll add some new items to this years Halloween event like they did with bunny day, but I won’t get my hopes up lol.

on another note, my boyfriend is getting the new OLED switch since his switch is a launch one and can barely hold a charge anymore. But that means I get to take over the old one and have 2 islands! Mwahahaha!
Oooh two islands! That should be fun! I adore halloween, it is my favorite time of the year. My entrance to my game is back dated to halloween because I stopped not much later than that but i think im gonna keep it at a fall theme.

Last edited:
My island has a lot of little areas inspired by multiple things, there is a waterfall area based on the Sunny Flight portal from Spyro, my island is named after the world of Avalar from Spyro 2
My island is broken up into a few major areas, the boardwalks, where all the residents preside, the shopping district, the zen garden, the pumpkin patch, pear park, the flower fields. Thinking about adding a fair grounds style area too
since launch, March 2020
Literally EVERYTHING. I swear they made this game as hair pulling as possible on purpose. I hate Isabelle now, they completely ruined her for me, I also hate all the dumb dialog and windows just to open your gate, and that there's no slider for buying items in bulk (5 is not bulk guys) and of course the fish bait being crafted one at a time, just terrible.
My villagers are all currently kind of pastel themed
Judy: My Doodle Bear. She looks like she was tie-dyed and the sparkly starry eyes plus anime shock face are all winning features
Megan: A new addition to the town, feels like a giant care bear, encourages everyone in my town to sing, wish she was uchi, surprised she's not tbh
Raymond: Popular cat, love the glasses, eyes and toofs
Audie: Fruit punch mascot
Diana: Ophelia, goddess, the picture of beauty
Bianca: Lisa Frank snow leopard, sassy sister
Sherb: Sleepy boy, dreams of snakkos
Merengue: Aspiring culinary student, brings snacks and a whole lot of sweetness
Ruby: New to Avalar today, the moon rabbit, wears a shirt with her own face on it, I dig the confidence
Lily: White's tree frog, wears a pineapple muumuu and has a sweet pad
I love the character designs and interactive items but they're so few and far between
As stated above, I hate how long they make everything take, I feel like they have no respect for your time. NH desperately needs a quality of life update. Also I wish it would prioritize items on the floor over placed decor, I hate picking up a lamppost when there's a leaf right in front of you.
Probably the Seaglobe it's so cute when I first got it I was stoked, I always loved the one in NL too
I have practically everything I want in game, but any time a new item drops I crave it
A dreamie hunt? Yes, plenty longest was Judy, took over 400 NMT
I've got some crabs eating Doritos on my beach
100% :cool:
Lots, only missing like 23
Yeah, I should do it more!
Sometimes, I love giveaways where you answer riddles
Pascal!
Oh yeah, I hate how weeds take over if you don't pluck them constantly and all my houses are filled with roaches
Yes and no, I could really use some multiplayer games
Yeah but I don't have much reason to, part of me want to farm snow carbs and fill my beaches with them
Honestly the TBT events I find the most fun, building a character/room for contests or showing off design ideas
Trading items with other players on TBT
I never feel like my island is complete enough to show off
I cleared out a huge messy flower field area that was stressing me out!

Last edited:
My island has a lot of little areas inspired by multiple things, there is a waterfall area based on the Sunny Flight portal from Spyro, my island is named after the world of Avalar from Spyro 2
My island is broken up into a few major areas, the boardwalks, where all the residents preside, the shopping district, the zen garden, the pumpkin patch, pear park, the flower fields. Thinking about adding a fair grounds style area too
since launch, March 2020
Literally EVERYTHING. I swear they made this game as hair pulling as possible on purpose. I hate Isabelle now, they completely ruined her for me, I also hate all the dumb dialog and windows just to open your gate, and that there's no slider for buying items in bulk (5 is not bulk guys) and of course the fish bait being crafted one at a time, just terrible.
My villagers are all currently kind of pastel themed
Judy: My Doodle Bear. She looks like she was tie-dyed and the sparkly starry eyes plus anime shock face are all winning features
Megan: A new addition to the town, feels like a giant care bear, encourages everyone in my town to sing, wish she was uchi, surprised she's not tbh
Raymond: Popular cat, love the glasses, eyes and toofs
Audie: Fruit punch mascot
Diana: Ophelia, goddess, the picture of beauty
Bianca: Lisa Frank snow leopard, sassy sister
Sherb: Sleepy boy, dreams of snakkos
Merengue: Aspiring culinary student, brings snacks and a whole lot of sweetness
Ruby: New to Avalar today, the moon rabbit, wears a shirt with her own face on it, I dig the confidence
Lily: White's tree frog, wears a pineapple muumuu and has a sweet pad
I love the character designs and interactive items but they're so few and far between
As stated above, I hate how long they make everything take, I feel like they have no respect for your time. NH desperately needs a quality of life update. Also I wish it would prioritize items on the floor over placed decor, I hate picking up a lamppost when there's a leaf right in front of you.
Probably the Seaglobe it's so cute when I first got it I was stoked, I always loved the one in NL too
I have practically everything I want in game, but any time a new item drops I crave it
A dreamie hunt? Yes, plenty longest was Judy, took over 400 NMT
I've got some crabs eating Doritos on my beach
100% :cool:
Lots, only missing like 23
Yeah, I should do it more!
Sometimes, I love giveaways where you answer riddles
Pascal!
Oh yeah, I hate how weeds take over if you don't pluck them constantly and all my houses are filled with roaches
Yes and no, I could really use some multiplayer games
Yeah but I don't have much reason to, part of me want to farm snow carbs and fill my beaches with them
Honestly the TBT events I find the most fun, building a character/room for contests or showing off design ideas
Trading items with other players on TBT
I never feel like my island is complete enough to show off
I cleared out a huge messy flower field area that was stressing me out!
Oh I love spyro! He was so darn cute and the worlds were always fun to play. Your island sounds absolutely lovely!
I totally agree with you on all of the tedious things. I wish that after so many times of doing it you got quick menus or something.
Your villager mix sounds divine! Merengue is one of my first ever dreamies. 400 nmt for judy is absolutely crazy! I started a dream hunt and wound up 3 tickets in and stuck with sterling for my husband to trade over lol.
I do agree I wish there were more items that your character could actually interact with.

I myself have fallen back in love with this game after a very long pause. I decided that I wanted to pick the game back up and since I've gotten back I have been working on my birthday event areas. I am loving all the creative things I learned I could do in game while I was taking time away from it. I do have to say that I am struggling a bit to figure out what exactly I want in my mermaid area but I am a perfectionist.

Last edited:

My Italian background inspired the name of my island.

I am in the middle of changing things on my island but I say I would have a bit of a forest theme and fairy tales. I have a teddy bears picnic area, an area full of fairy house, broken pirate ship with treasure everywhere and more. My main entrance is full of pine trees that you have to walk up a path to enter and I have falling leaves around the island.

I have been playing since day 1 20th of march 2020

I find terraforming the most tedious thing to do in game I am in the middle of trying to edit and move a lot of things around my island.

What islanders do you have and why?

These are my islanders that I have at the moment:
  • Muffy
  • Kiki
  • Ed
  • Buck
  • Stiches
  • Pietro
  • Dom
  • Broccolo
  • Grizzly
  • Cleo
The top part from the middle up are ones that I got from other players or found. The bottom half of the list won't stay forever.

Everything its so cute thing about it we live on a tropical island with animal friends what more could we want.

Nothing that I can think of.

What is your favourite item in the game?

I haven’t really thought about my favourite item but I like the little handheld items are my favourite like the wands and the champagne glass and so on.

Not searching for anything in particular but I am always keen to find some more cute dresses for my character.

Does this mean like going island hopping to find your dreamies ? If so yes I have I gone out on a dream hunt looking for all my dreamies and I did not find one :( But I ended up buying them from other players on here which was lovely.

Decorative paths falling leaves, flower petals, pine trees every where, statues and water displays.

I am so close to finishing my museum I have completed the Art section and also Fossils. I only have a few more fish to find and collect but I still have quite a few bugs to find I am struggling to find bugs that appear on stumps and trees.

Nook Mile Achievements? I still have a few to finish that I will focus on as soon as I finish my museum.

I love visiting other islands its the main fun part of animal crossing being able to visit other islands and see other players especially when they have a different hemisphere to you.

All the time I love to participate in player made events :)

My favourite NPC is Celeste she is so pretty and I enjoy seeing her at night and watching shooting stars.

I only feel overwhelmed when it comes to terraforming as I am trying to change up my island and I keep changing things and playing around with the terraforming tool and I seem to not be able to make amazing things like others do.

No I have gotten back into it recently I love the fireworks and visiting friends while its happening :)

I was really into diving when it first came out but I really enjoy fishing even not when I am looking to complete my fish section of the museum I find it really peaceful.

Visiting other island and playing with friends. I also enjoy decorating my island and finding amazing custom designs to wear or use on my island.

Terraforming everything changing the look of my island for the 3rd time :( a lot of gardening and placing decorations around my island

The struggle that I’m dealing with at the moment is changing up my whole island again for the 3rd time although this time my new design is going to be all over my island not just in certain spots.

Nothing at the moment I’m redesigning the whole island so once I am done with that then I will feel a lot more accomplished.

My island is mainly cottagecore with lots of white, yellow and purple flowers. I don't really think about themes, I just go for areas that I like. The only thing I really consider are colors (wooden colors, yellow, white, purple).

Since launch day, I took some breaks though that lasted some months. I resetted my islands and stuff (I was a chronic resetter in New Leaf).. but i am really happy with my current island

Buying clothes at able sister's. You have to go in and out of the changing room if you want to buy multiple color variations. I don't even know how anyone tested the game before release and wasn't annoyed

I have villagers of every personality type, though my favorite personality type are the normal villagers. I don't really like the peppy villagers but for the sake of getting varied dialogue and reactions I still have one peppy on my island

How alive the villagers feel, it's so cute how they run around while holding their little bags or frozen treats. Also being able to place furniture outside, moving buildings etc. All the freedom we didn't have in New Leaf

I feel like New Horizons feels more like an island designer game than a life sim game. I understand why they cut Harriet for example since it's much more convenient to get your hair done via the mirror, but I don't understand why they cut the NPC's that worked at the post office or Katrina.

Only once and never again lol. I hate dreamy hunting, getting through all of Orville's dialogue is soo tedious

I am still missing a lot of insects etc.

Celeste!! She is so precious, I love her so much

Yes, terraforming is very stressful for me and building up the island as well though it's also a lot of fun. I just get so overwhelmed because of all the possibilities

I am not bored of the game, I just wish there were more things to do on a daily basis other than decorating

Yess, though I don't dive that much anymore but I love bug catching

Decorating and talking to my villagers

Back