• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters

eko

of dusklight
Bells
Switch
5878-5547-6768
Mom's Plush
Summer Shell
Pink Summer Shell
Tasty Cake
So we're now in September, I'm extremely curious how everyone's island has progressed and how far you've come/how much is left? That being said, it would also be very interesting to see if time spent and timetravel has any influence!

My island is only about 15%, playtime is at 610+ hours and I timetravel excessively haha. I typically work on a small section of my island at a time but still go back to completely redo/fix an area afterwards. Visiting Dream Addresses that are totally decorated top to bottom, blows my mind :0

edit: after another month, i think i've made my way into the roughly ~25% mark! keep redoing areas i deemed "finished" haha

Last edited:
Mine is probably 99% done, I am just waiting for them to add the café and any other buildings. I have 1,040+ hours on it. I time travel occasionally, mainly whenever I feel like moving some villager homes around - or if I really, really want a villager to move in right away - OR if I am re-decorating the interior of my house and don't want to wait weeks for all my furniture to arrive lol

Reactions: eko
I time travel excessively as well. I played 975 hours or more, but I’m at about 20%. I keep building things and tearing it done, only to rebuild it somewhere else. I made mayor progress last week. I finally got nooks and the ables shop set up in a way I like (or so I hope).

• Love
My island is empty right now, i filled it at one point but then tore it all down after 3 days, so... it'll remain flat till they add more buildings / villagers / furniture etc.. I time travel all the time, and I have around 900 hrs so far :]

About 60% done with Evwirt, but I plan on messing with the main area continuously so it stays fresh. I have about 880 hours logged but the vast majority is on Arctin (which I’ve completed my bit 100% but my parents barely do anything with their parts so it’s probably more like 75% done)

I time travel excessively as well. I played 975 hours or more, but I’m at about 20%. I keep building things and tearing it done, only to rebuild it somewhere else. I made mayor progress last week. I finally got books and the ables shop set up in a way I like (or so I hope).
Yes, I totally get what you mean about building things, tearing it down again then rebuilding it somewhere else omg. Also, big congrats on getting books and setting up the ables shop how you like! :blush:

About 60% done with Evwirt, but I plan on messing with the main area continuously so it stays fresh
Wow, 60% that's impressive! The majority of my time has been redoing the main entrance area haha, even when I decide "okay it's DONE i can move on now" I somehow find more ways to improve or change it up. Good luck finishing the rest of Evwirt! :3

Wow, 60% that's impressive! The majority of my time has been redoing the main entrance area haha, even when I decide "okay it's DONE i can move on now" I somehow find more ways to improve or change it up. Good luck finishing the rest of Evwirt! :3
It’s only that much because the majority of my island is dense forest so it’s literally just dropping groups of trees, shrubs and weeds at semi random. My visitor center isn’t near completion either but it’s starting to come together.

I'm essentially 100% done with my island, although I'm not past the idea to eventually overhaul it at some point and go for another theme. I'm at about 1,100 hours playtime, and I time travel a LOT. I realized quickly during quarantine that I was going to have a lot more fun TT'ing than not TT'ing.

Barely at all, and I've been playing every day since launch. I get distracted by doing other stuff both in game and in real life. Considering I want a forest-y vibe and it's only just ticked over into pinecone/acorn season, my decorating was really suffering, but it should pick up a bit as fall progresses.

I'm going to say about 80-85%, with 805 hours! If there are new buildings implemented in the future, I'll definitely be tearing down some spaces to make room. I honestly kind of love the monthly/bi-monthly updates, it keeps the game feeling fresh! And yes, I do time-travel!

Last edited:
  • Love
I’d say mine is like 75% done? But it’s probably going to change with future updates coming haha I have around 500 hours in the game and I do time travel but I try not to pass the current month. I’m already thinking of changing areas to better suit the incoming colder northern hemisphere weather, but I’m waiting for now!

• Love
Mine is almost 100%. The only unfinished area is my flower breeding garden since I don’t need it any more. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with that space yet. I’m also not finished with decorating my second character’s house.
I’ve played over 700 hours and never time traveled.

• Love
It's alarming to realize I've spent 900+ hours on this game. :eek::LOL:

I time travel on a "sometimes" basis. I did it to use the campsite method for acquiring Mr Office Cat. I also do it when I move residents in or out. I'd say my island is 95% complete right now. (If we get a cafe, I know exactly where to put it, and then I'll say my island is 100% complete.) And if it remained at 95% for the rest of the time I'll be playing, that's fine too. Decorating my island is something I do just so I have something interesting to look at while I'm running around stalking interacting with my residents and taking screenshots. I'll probably redecorate from time to time, just so I have something different to look at, well, from time to time. I'm easily amused.

I time travel a lot. My island is like around 40% done. I keep changing my mind about this one particular area and I think I got a layout I'm happy with. The rest of my island I have no idea what to do it so it's staying that way for now.

In the middle of redoing my entire island for the 5th or so time, this time I'm really taking my time, constantly building entire areas, tearing them down again, and starting over until I'm happy with it, and then move on to the next area, takes forever, less than 20% right now.
Even then I'm still questioning the things I'm happy with..
But I'll continue down the track I've started, and when the switch pro or whatever comes out I'll start another island, and do the other themes I want on there.
Main problem is how teeny tiny the islands are, it's a pain trying to maximize the very limited space.
When it comes to time travel I started doing it recently, not gonna waste months of my life waiting for inclines, bridges, and simple panels anymore, and I hate that it's pretty much a requirement, wouldn't be if Nintendo just allowed us to build, destroy, and move multiple times a day, but they don't, so I'll sacrifice some of my enjoyment for efficiency.

• Love
I have somewhere around 500 hours on the game and I've restarted my island theme like 4 times already. I'm sticking with what I have now and I kinda have the bare bones of the layout. I have my elevations pretty much done, I need to put out alot of furniture, make part of a path, build 1 or 2 more inclines, destroy a bridge and incline, relocate 3 villagers houses and an alts. Also lots of landscaping. I TT alot, I was stuck in summer for the longest time, farming events and special NPCs.

my island isn’t anywhere near being completed even though i’ve logged in 800+ hours of gameplay but tbh,, i haven’t really focused on it that much. i think i want to wait until i have all 10 of my dream villagers (4 more to go!) so until then, i’ve just been doing little pieces at a time where i’m not planning on housing anyone but i’m really just not that into it so island decoration isn’t a huge priority for me lmao and so i’ve just been trying to come up with ideas for when i do decide to start aha

i like interior decorating more and so, i’ve been focusing on that. i’ve been doing one house at a time to try and prevent becoming overwhelmed and my island rep’s house is more than 50% done - i’m still working on my back room and basement and my right room isn’t 100% finished but it’s pretty close and i’m proud of it aha.

to answer your other question, i have time travelled a bit but nothing excessive. i tt’ed to the summer when it was still spring to catch a shark and i’ve been time travelling for about a month (?) now as i haven’t been consistently playing and so i’ve been tt’ing one day at a time trying to catch up - i’m still stuck in august, though, so i haven’t been making much process :p

I would say maybe 50% because I change things kind of often and I have a few areas that I need to figure out what I’m doing with. I have like 3 areas that I’m completely satisfied with and don‘t plan on changing. I don’t really time travel

I took a break from the game at about 600 hours, and after coming back I decided to redo the whole island, so I'm in the planning stages for that. Even then, I spent most of my play time trading/collecting (a lot of time traveling for DIYs/Gulliver/Redd) so my island is/was only maybe 50% completed anyway.

Back