• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

how do you pronounce "milk"?

how do you pronounce "milk"?

• Total voters
@-Lumi- come here
IMG_6270.png

I’ve always pronounced it “milk”!

Wow, interesting poll results rn. 100%.

Spell "silk".
(S-i-l-k)

Say "silk" 5 times.
(Silk, silk, silk, silk silk)

What do cows drink?

(Milk)

Water

*This post was created by the author for the express purpose(s) of obtaining silver and/or furthering research on how silver is obtained.

Wow, interesting poll results rn. 100%.

Spell "silk".
(S-i-l-k)

Say "silk" 5 times.
(Silk, silk, silk, silk silk)

What do cows drink?

(Milk)

Water

*This post was created by the author for the express purpose(s) of obtaining silver and/or furthering research on how silver is obtained.
this works better if you just use the word "milk" instead of silk, so they'll already have milk on the brain 👼🏻

this works better if you just use the word "milk" instead of silk, so they'll already have milk on the brain 👼🏻
Lol, good idea!

I did end up with some silver, in case anyone was interested in the results of my silver mining research....

Screenshot_20240310-004053_Chrome.jpg

Woohoo!

i’ve never heard anyone say anything besides “milk” and “melk” so i’m trying to decipher the differences 😭

i think i say “milk” though!

I always say “milk”

(and thanks for all the threads)

i was just talking about this with @-Lumi- a few weeks ago, and i’m sure I say it like “silk”. but i’m curious if my pronunciation slightly changes when i’m not focused on it or if i’m not thinking about it

I am highly amused by all the non “milk” options lmaoo

Am I the only one who is so traumatised by the concept of "pilk" (Pepsi + milk) that I immediately have to think of that when I read this topic?

Anyway, as a non-native English speaker it would be strange if I didn't just pronounce it normally. lol

Am I the only one who is so traumatised by the concept of "pilk" (Pepsi + milk) that I immediately have to think of that when I read this topic?

Anyway, as a non-native English speaker it would be strange if I didn't just pronounce it normally. lol
Dialect has a lot to do with it. Drawer (not an artist, but a container, mostly on a piece of furniture) is pronounced so differently depending where the person is from. It's why a lot of people having never seen the word on paper spell it incorrectly.

Draw -draa
Drawer - Draa er
Drawer - Droar - Drore (pronounce it like more)

English can be so stupid sometimes.

Flour-Flower

a lot of ppl in scotland (or where i'm from) will pronounce it "mulk"

while i don't actually say it like i want to create an inclusive environment for people to be true to how they say milk so i still voted for mulk on the poll

I pronounce it "milk" but I've met people that pronounce it "melk" heh

Back