• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Soap preferences

What soap do you prefer

• Total voters

Reginald Fairfield

Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
I've been using cheap store brand liquid hand soap for the longest time. A while ago I upgraded to a $5 moisturizing body wash that smells of pomegranate and mango. More recently I've been trying different cheep bar soaps since a Dr Squatch was in a grocery store clearance section. Those do the job, but I think they clog my drain. I did just find one made with goat's milk, which I think is helping some dry skin. I'm still getting used to the waxy feeling some bar soaps give you.

I use liquid because bar soap feels really weird on my hands. I thought it was just me so I avoided even saying anything and refused to use soap if it came in a bar.

Liquid or gel type of soap is the best for me. Foam is fun but it doesn't feel like it's really doing anything. Bar soap is the bane of my existence. The residue feeling it leaves behind is so gross and is harder than it needs to be to get it off. Plus, it's just a dirty concept in general if you think about it.

Always buy liquid soap. It makes my hands feel so much cleaner than bar soap which is just very awkward to lather and leaves a mess around the sink

gel/foam, lots of bar soaps dry out my skin and i feel like i end up using too much. also my household NEVER CLEANS OFF bar soap after they use it which is NASTY

So much of the handsoap and bodywash is expensive anymore. Almost $6 or more for a brand name? I always look for the cheapest ones and try them out. If they smell bad, aren't good, or something isn't right I won't buy it again. But I'm not blowing that much money on soap. Everything is so stupid expensive anymore.

I used to use bar soap all the time. And sometimes still will if someone has a surplus for whatever reason and doesn't want it all. I'll take it and use it. Saves me the money.

liquid soap/body wash.

i like bar soap but i feel like if i used it daily it’d run out quickly.

i use liquid hand soap when washing my hands, softsoap to be exact. i don't like foam hand wash, it feels like its not getting my hands clean clean. for the shower i usually use bar soap (not that irish spring ish tho, super drying) i usually stick to dove, but if im feeling fancy i will sometimes use some type of body wash. i don't share bar soaps with anyone else though, i need to have my own personal one. my MIL actually gifted me some goats milk soap, so i will try that out and see how that goes.

i'm not a huge fan of bar soaps as they are slippery plus they don't look very nice in the bathroom/sink either especially when it starts getting smaller. other than that, i don't really care much. i think foaming soaps are really fun but definitely not a necessary. for hand soaps, i just use some cheap store brand ones. for body soaps, i really ones with nicer scents since using a loofah will foam the soaps anyways.

Back