• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cereal, Milk, and Sugar.

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Not a question of favorite cereal (but go ahead and mention it if you want). But on how you like cereal prepared.

I drink Almond Milk (or dairy free) milk. Tried the 2% milk. I can't do an entire cereal bowl of that without an upset stomach.

Also must have 2-3 spoons of sugar. It's no good flavorless.

Last question:

Do you pour the milk or cereal first?

I just use regular milk and no sugar. Usually the cereals we buy already have a sugar coating like coco puffs. Sometimes we will get healthier cereal like shreddies but I still don't add sugar cause it doesn't really dissolve? And I don't wanna eat grainy sugar. My partner adds sugar and argues it does infact dissolve. It's something we disagree on lol. Also cereal goes in the bowl first.

i usually tend to eat cereals that are already flavoured/sweet so i don't add any additional sugar on top. if it's something that's kinda plain i might mix a little bit of honey or a spoonful of melted peanut butter to give it some flavour. i feel like mixing sugar would make it so gritty and i wouldn't like it lol 😭 i usually either use almond milk or oat milk for my bowls of cereal, and for me it's always cereal first then the milk!

The only cereal I ever put sugar on was rice krispies cuz I saw someone else do it. It’s kinda good but I like it plain too. I tried to have cereal with oat milk before because I like oat milk but for some reason it just didn’t work for me. 🤢

i never use sugar in my cereal. just regular ol milk and my cereal.

Ah. I didn't realize adding sugar was unusual. I've been doing it for my entire life for every brand of cereal.

But I also almost never intake sugar otherwise, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I don’t really like cereal. But I’m team
non-dairy all the way. Soy is my favorite milk, so if I had to have cereal, I would eat it with soy milk.

I only use milk with my cereal. sometimes it’s whole milk, sometimes it’s 2%, occasionally it might be almond. but I never put sugar in my bowl, the cereal already comes with enough of that.

I never add sugar! I would maybe if it was something like weetabix, but that in my head isn’t entirely ‘cereal’. I have soy milk most of the time because I get nervous about regular milk going out of date lol

I don't add any additional sugar to my cereal. I only use whole milk, and the only amount I like is "too much."

Sometimes I like to add fruit to the cereal, though.

I don't eat cereal and haven't in years, but usually I'd just use normal whole milk for it.

I only eat cereal on rare occasions nowadays, but for most of my life I ate cereal dry since I think some of them taste better that way and because I don't like the mushy texture of cereal when you add milk to it.

I started trying some cereals in milk in recent years and can appreciate some of them that way, but my preference is still dry. When I do add milk to a cereal, I put the cereal in the bowl first and then add the milk. I've tried it the other way around and found it to be suboptimal; you can fit more cereal in the bowl if you put the cereal in first.

Never added sugar to cereal. There are more than enough sugars and added sugars in most cereals as it is.

I also rarely eat cereal nowadays, but I’ve never added sugar to it when I do, no matter what kind of cereal I’m having. I’ve always just poured my cereal, poured in my 2% regular white milk, and bon appétit! Though, sometimes I’ll add fruit like banana slices or blueberries on top!

I don't eat cereal that often either, but when I do it's one of those generic sounding ones like great grains or bran flakes or shredded wheat. I like adding 2% milk and blueberries. Cereal goes in the bowl first, then fruit, then milk.

I'm lactose intolerant (or at least sensitive), but I still prefer regular whole milk. I've tried milk alternatives and none of them hit the same for me. I'm not a big milk drinker anyway, but I do like having mixed drinks, and I always just tell them whole milk is fine because it tastes the yummiest and regret it later OTL.

Almond milk, the nutty aftertaste bothers me. Oat milk, not a fan of the texture or aftertaste. Soy milk, I really like, actually, but it makes my mouth itch somehow (which HUH? But I had the same reaction to the soy when someone made vegan donuts. BUT I'M ASIAN!? I eat soy products all the time? I literally don't get it).

i have it with vanilla oat milk! though certain cereals (mainly the sugary ones) are better with regular milk.

cereal first because i'm not a serial (cereal?) killer

I prefer it with milk and I prefer my cereal to be soggy. Cereal is best soggy, especially Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles respectively.

Back