• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon How did you get into Pokemon?

I was staying over at a family friend's house, and I found a red DS with 3 games next to it, one of which being Gen 4. I took a look at the cartridge, thought it looked interesting, and asked if I could play. I was given the go-ahead, and the rest is history.

I was staying over at a family friend's house, and I found a red DS with 3 games next to it, one of which being Gen 4. I took a look at the cartridge, thought it looked interesting, and asked if I could play. I was given the go-ahead, and the rest is history.
You literally got a 3 starter choice irl omg

i'm old enough to say i started with gen 1 haha, i believe it was just a game that was super popular from the get go so i can't pretend i was a trend setter or anything, i def don't consider myself a big pokemon fan and usually hate on the recent ones but i do find myself buying all the main title games on release..

for christmas 2007 my dad got me a ds lite with pokemon pearl. i had a hard time understanding the game because i was so little, but i managed to actually get to the elite 4! my step cousin eventually beat it for me, and the rest has been history.

I played a fangame of it on Roblox (I believe it was called Project Pokemon?) and I thought it was syo awesome that I started watching the anime and eventually got into playing the official games... I was, like, 7, okay?

honestly same, a roblox game that i played growing up got me into pokémon!! i can't find the game i played, just remember that it was all 3D rip

Me and my sister shared a Gameboy colour when we were kids. I think our first game was blue?

Started playing when a ACNL streamer said he was going to try a Pokemon game. Bought Pokemon Sun and got hooked catching and collecting Shiny Pokemon. I wished I tried the games soon.

It was either the anime airing on TV or red and blue releasing. I was too young at the time to read, but I found it great fun to watch my older brother play!
I've been a lifelong fan since then, even through the rough patches of the franchise.

This ex-friend I used to have had his own DS and he was playing Pokemon Diamond in school and I was like "wow that game looks so cool" so then I got myself a Pokemon Pearl copy and my own DS and then I was playing on someone's save file by the name "Marcus" I had no idea what I was even doing and what Pokemon was. Eventually I was able to start a new file and I played Pokemon Pearl and it was such a great experience. Eventually I got Platinum and it became my all time favorite Pokemon game since I put 600 hours into it. This was around 2008 through 2010.

I was a huge fan of the anime as a kid so my mom bought me Hey You, Pikachu!, which was actually my first ever video game. My first mainline game was Sapphire. Hoenn has been my favorite region ever since.♥️

I’m not sure what specifically got me into Pokemon. My first pokemon game was Pokemon Red and I played up to X/Y. I collected the trading cards, watched the show a little. I was a bit embarrassed since I think my sister and dad made fun of me before.

My sister was in to collecting the cards, cute Pokémon merch, and the anime show/movies when we were around 8 years old I would say. I was NOT in to it at that time because my sister and I are sworn enemies (or at least we were at the time lol).

Later when I was around 11 I made some friends at school who were in to the game series and that's when I got in to it. My first games were Fire Red and Ruby! My sister was no longer interested in it by that time so it was "safe" for me to get in to it.

As a little kid I grew up watching the Johto anime. Good old Ash Misty and Brock. “It’s a whole new world we live in, Pokemon Johto!”

As an older kid around 8 or 9 a friend introduced me to the cards as we were at the store with his Mom and brother and she offered to buy each of us a pack. It was a gen 3 pack (EX Dragon Frontiers).

Finally, I got into the video games when I was 10. As I saw kids at school playing Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen together and it looked like so much fun (plus I’d never had a video game console before) so that Christmas I got a DS and Pokemon Emerald.

I was only six when I first got my Pokémon Sapphire version. It was my first video game ever and I believe it was watching my brother play the earlier ones that made me want to play too. Been in love with it and other games since. 💕

I can’t remember really, I feel likes it’s just always been a part of my childhood. maybe it started with the anime? I remember always watching it every Saturday morning when I was little and that evolved into buying Pokémon cards every chance I got when my mom would take me to the store. my first ever Pokémon game was Pokémon red for the gameboy. I haven’t played any of the games since Pokémon platinum though, but I still have so much love for Pokémon in general.

When I was little I would watch Pokemon indigo league on the tv with my brother

My brother collected the cards - shame he didn’t keep them to sell them now lol

Me and my brother then got a ds and played some pokemon games :)

Then only me got a 3Ds and some 3Ds pokemon games

Then I got a let’s go Eevee and Pikachu Nintendo Switch

Then I bought pokemon sword

Then I bought pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Last edited:
Back