• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you get into TBT?

i joined wayy back when just because i was always googling stuff about acnl, and i was also big into forums at the time so i decided to stick around! i mostly traded for a while, took a massive break, and then came back full time when nh was released!

I was looking up stuff to make the most of ACNL’s online features before they go, and this just looked like a nice place to be honest lol. All the cute little details really brought me in

I frequently used TBT in 2016 as a villager tier list reference. I didn’t join, but rather browsed as a guest and kept track of what tiers my AC:NL villagers were in. Even though I started playing in 2013, I didn’t start going after specific villagers until I realized you could find them online in forums such as this one. I saw someone offering Ankha in August 2016 and decided to join in hopes of getting her. This was during the 2016 TBT Fair, and I kick myself every day for not understanding anything and completely ignoring the event. I could have had my own set of Glow Wands from the start…rip. Anyway, I got Ankha and was pulled in by the friendly community vibes. And the rest is history, I suppose. I’ve been here for going on 8 years and I have no plans to leave. ☺️

I used to browse TBT back in 2016-2017 for things such as hyrbid guides and shop requirements for NL. I joined in 2019 bc I wanted Lolly for my town in NL. After posting a bit to round up some TBT I made an order to one of the villager shops on the villager trading plaza board for her.

I stayed bc of the collectibles in the end tho LOL

I joined because I just loved using online forums, and I had an interest in Animal Crossing. I stuck around because it's active. I only started becoming an active user three years ago, but I've grown accustomed to these forums and I hope to stick around.

I joined in 2018 as I was after villagers. I didn’t become really active until 2020 and the event which started my collectable addiction. It so made the forum a less scary place when I realised how lovely and friendly everyone was. Now you can’t get rid of me 😂 Sorry 💜

I joined to trade NL items as well but stuck around for the amazing community and fun events! The last couple years I have also gotten addicted to ordering artwork from the amazing artists so thank you to them too!

I joined in 2013 for ACNL stuff - mostly trading/catalogue purposes! And then I disappeared until ACNH and came back for the same reason - mostly to get DIYs though. Since I was doodling at the time, I decided to make and art thread/art shop and then... when the 2020 fair came around I was like 👀 stars??? collectibles?? these are cute i need the shooting star and more toy hammers and so now im stuck here ig

Trading for ACNH! I really wanted to get as many of the DIYs asap before decorating. Also for shooting stars

Decorating my house was my favorite aspect of ACNL and I didn't have many of the items I wanted for my various rooms, in specific the Violet Screen. I had lurked around on TBT for a couple of weeks prior to signing up until I finally took the plunge and made an account, posted a trading thread, and had my Screen within a day or two. The first Easter event started shortly thereafter followed by the TBT Beach Party, and I enjoyed the events so much that I decided to stick around even when my interest in New Leaf started to wane.

My 10-year TBT anniversary just passed and now I'm an angry peach. Funny how things work out.

Came here for a 711 set in New Leaf & have sorta stuck around for collectibles

Honestly I don’t remember exactly how I got here because I was a child lol. But I was obsessed with AC and I imagine I was googling animal crossing stuff and the forum popped up. I had joined another forum or two before this and got banned for posting spam, so you could say I cleaned up my act for this forum. I was too cool for TBT for the majority of its existence but I’ve come to realize now that it’s a pretty good place.

I joined the forum a couple of days before ACNL came out. It was the start of the summer holiday at college and, remembering how much fun ACWW was with friends, I wanted to find people to play online with.

Did I think when I first joined back in 2013 that come 2024 I'd be celebrating my tenth anniversary as part of the staff team? Of course not! But I'm happy to still be here and contributing to TBT.

Mine was new horizons.. although I did play the earlier versions I found with this one I actually had nobody to play with so looked online for help building my catalogue etc then stumbled across this amazing place! 🥰

New horizons for me! Everyone i used to play ac with (gamecube and later city folk) just kind of stopped playing. And there were a lot of...questionable sites out there as far as trades go. Really happy to have found this place though. I've always had really good experiences here.

I used to stalk the forums without an account, after my mom introduced me to this website in 2017...

After 6 years, I didn't want to wait to create an account anymore, I felt like I waited too long, so...here I am!

I joined during the new horizon era, I think I was looking for a particular item and it lead me here. I kinda wished I joined way earlier, I love it here!

i think i was looking for new leaf stuff, and was planning to abandon my account right after, but i liked it a lot and decided to stick around :D

I came here 10 years ago because I was obsessed with New Leaf and wanted an online community around it. I originally spent some time exploring dream addresses and I got a couple of villagers here (Deli and Lolly), but for the most part I just wanted to talk about the game with other obsessed people.

Also, I was actually on the AnimalCrossingCommunity forum in 6th-7th grade while playing Wild World, so it just felt natural to return to the AC forum life in adulthood, haha.

Back