• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you get into TBT?

I joined back in 2011 because of my brother, and he joined because of @/jvgsjeff! we used to watch his videos a lot back then. though I will say I was inactive for a long time, and after briefly popping in in 2015 (because a villager moved away in NL and I wanted to see if I could get them back, learned abt the 16 villager cycle then), I finally came back in July 2016 so that I could trade items and villagers in NL.

I'm happy things happened the way they did, I've met some really amazing people during my time here and I love being part of this community. ☺️

I don't really remember why I joined. I know my friend showed me the forum, but when I joined I immediately went to play games in the basement section and I never actually did any trading or anything in New Leaf, haha..
I became a lot more active in 2020 because I accidentally made friends in the basement. Funny how that works.

Well first things first I discovered this forum during November of 2012 when ACNL was just released, I mostly lurked around it so I can see what New stuff the game had to offer. After that I stopped looking at the forums until July 22nd where my long-gone friend wanted to move accounts from ACC to TBT. I was afraid I’d never see him again so that’s why I came here, and buddy I remember I only wanted to be here just for him alone, boy how time changes.

i actually just joined to buy/trade in new leaf and then not be active otherwise but then i saw that this was an actual active community so i stayed.

@/cheremtasy convinced me to join and apparently i caved in a lot sooner than we both remembered because when i went to make an account, i already had a profile made 🤭
i have no memory of joining initially so i only really started using my account a year later when she and @/irescien brought it up again 😌

I joined after being referred by a good friend over on ACC! Started around the beach party event and got obsessed with collectibles which is probably what kept me around. Did do a lot of trading too back then

I thought I had accidentally thrown my first town in the trash and lost it forever (ironically the town is called Atlantis). So I started a new town in 2017 but New Leaf was less popular by then and I really didn't wanna put up with the drama of AC facebook groups in order to rebuild my town. I don't remember how I stumbled across TBT, maybe it was in a google search? But I am so glad I found it!! 😁 I was really nervous about trading on here but every trade turned out to be so wonderful!

Though I didn't log on for a few years after that until New Horizons came out. Then I started participating in the events and finally understood the appeal of collectibles and now I am hooked. Also my mom found Atlantis many years later, so, yay

I think I wanted to trade items or villagers in New Leaf, so I searched on the web and this forum came up a lot. I decided to join for that and to join a community that shared the same love for a franchise I had just discovered and became obsessed with!

I was looking for somewhere to get some of my remaining New Leaf dream villagers from, and coming from the perspective of someone who'd never played New Leaf online before (or even added a friend to their 3DS) and barely knew how it worked, this place seemed a LOT less strict and scary than the corresponding reddit section did ahahaha ;v;
I joined for that and didn't really expect to hang around, but the community seemed really nice, and by early 2021 I really, really needed to do something to address the loneliness I'd been experiencing. So I came back around that time and haven't left since. 🫶

i knew of this site way before i joined it. i remember during my later NL years, i stumbled across here -- can't remember what i was looking for though -- when it had a different site skin, and i was obsessed with the little town signatures everyone had (the ones with the villager sprites) to the point where i even went into photoshop and made some of my own. i didn't join though, for whatever reason, until shortly after NH released, and i can't remember how i found the site that time either lmao. i was probably googling something related to the new game and just decided to make an account.

A looooong time ago, Nintendo used to have an official forum called Nsider. There was a board dedicated to Animal Crossing at Nsider. Jeremy and a few other of the original TBT staff were very active there, eventually I found out about TBT over at Nsider and then made an account here. Nsider is long gone but it's great that TBT is still around!

Pretty sure I was just Googling something about Animal Crossing and it led me to a discussion thread on here. I lurked for a bit and then eventually decided to join so I could participate in the discussions! Nobody I knew IRL played Animal Crossing anymore, so I wanted people to talk about it with.

I had been trading stuff on AnimalCrossingCommunity for new leaf and I guess I somehow made a transition to this site instead. I went back and took a look and apparently I was giving away items. I don't really remember cause it was like 2014.

I joined to ask questions and trade on ACNH, but then I saw these little squares and I decided I had to have the Spring Sakura. When I got that, I set my sights on the Dreamy Egg and so began my collectible addiction.

although I played the previous games, I didn’t join TBT until ACNH. most of my friends didn’t play ACNH (or just tried and gave it up)

during the pandemic, I got really into my island and wanted to trade for some items. finally joined tbt in 2020 :)

I’m pretty sure I joined when I googled up animal crossing stuff and saw this. I was previously on another forum before, but it was so dead and I didn’t like their rule restrictions they had, as it was hard to post about anything there and have a casual conversation. :/

I joined all the way back in 2013 not long after New Leaf released. I wasn't a stranger to using forums at that time, and was looking for a new online place to call home. And boy did I find it!

I was 16 years old back then, and now I'm about to be 27 in a couple months. The time really does fly. 🥲

Should mention that I took a three year hiatus from 2015-2018 as I generally just had a lot going on and needed time away from the site. But I've been here ever since returning in 2018.

Though I didn't log on for a few years after that until New Horizons came out. Then I started participating in the events and finally understood the appeal of collectibles and now I am hooked. Also my mom found Atlantis many years later, so, yay
Very nice, but a bit ironic lol. The lost copy of Atlantis.

I got back into NewLeaf around 2016 and when I got more serious about decorating. I had a lot of questions and also wanted to do trades to get some stuff I wanted. The members were pretty cool so I decided to stay. It's not often you find a forum that's very wholesome and has a close-knit community. I've only found that in two other forums. One that is gone and I miss those members and another that has only a few left that I check on every now and then.

Back