• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What console did / do you use to play ACNL?

I don't know why I roped myself into buying multiple:
  • Aqua blue 3DS
  • Red/black 3DS XL
  • New 3DS XL (Galaxy Version)
I reset my New Leaf town when I got the galaxy version.

I got this bundle for my birthday in 2014, I kinda forgot about Animal Crossing and was mad that it was already out for a year haha.

71sWpfW6zyL.jpg
Whoa! I've never seen this before!

just a basic red/black 3DS XL. I kinda wished I had a prettier color like pink or purple.
Me too :^D

Red was my favorite color at the time (and there was only very limited colors... aqua blue, grey... and... red?) and I wanted it to be very big. Cause I can't see very well.
Mine is still holding up okay (but the left joystick crumbled away. I tried to replace it but the screws on the back are stripped -___- .. I feel like Nintendo screws are always so..... fragile.)

But looking at the market now- wow! There are soooo many cool looking ones!
What's interesting to me is the "New 2DS XL" It is just a thinner looking 3DS? I never had a "New 3DS" but if I wanted one, I think I'd go with the "New 2DS XL"

I just had an aqua blue 2DS XL. I had that thing for years and then sold it because I didn't play it anymore. I definitely regret doing that since NL online's getting shut down :(

I play on a galaxy New 3DS XL, I like how well it matches with my gold pikachu cover plates. At first I started with a pokemon xy original 3DS XL and moved everything over from there.

I started out with a black 3DS and transferred to a galaxy new 3DS XL that has a puffy sticker on the back that says "give me some space".

I played on a blue 3DS XL, a high school graduation present from me to me. I had a very academically intense (to put it mildly) high school experience, never spent money on anything, so when I graduated and got financial gifts from relatives, I made probably the only impulsive purchase of my life and decided to see if I’d enjoy a 3DS the way I’d loved my original DS in 6th grade.

3ds xl for my main, new 3ds xl for my alt (though it can be on my main's system too, but I'm typically traveling around with both and such, so)

also, main is digital, alt is cart

I started with the original red 3DS, but I eventually switched to the White & Orange New 2DS XL.

Back