• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What console did / do you use to play ACNL?

Wildtown

Gone With the Wind
Bells
Fair Pinwheel
Red Cosmos
Stitches
Red Cosmos
Pavé Pink Feather
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Invader
Goomba
Pinky
Holiday Candy Cane 2019
I didn't get into new leaf until later, so my first console that I played it on was the 2ds.. I later sold it and got the "New" 3ds xl in red. Much better console then the regular 2ds imo.

First was the original 3DS. Then I had a 3DS XL. Then I had a new 3DS XL.

I typically favor larger screens more. StarFall was made on the 3DS XL, as MoonGlow was made on the new 3DS XL.

Mine was on a red original 3DS and then later a pink 3DS XL. Never got to experience the very confusingly named successors 😛

Originally when I was big into it from 2013 to 2015/2016ish I played on an Original 3DS XL.

Now I play it on an Original small 3DS (my original town is on it) and the smaller New 3DS (my secondary town is on this one). The New 3DS is my main but I was playing on the original for this event as I wanted to use my original town.

I prefer both smaller models to either XL personally.

I started my first town on a regular 3DS I got in December 2011. Unfortunately, I can't use it anymore. (I had a physical copy, so it's not lost.)
Now I play it on my New 3DS XL and New 2DS XL

First was my small red 3DS
Then my nephews blue 3DS XL
Lastly my go to white/orange 2DS XL i think thats the name?

(2016) red old 2ds -> (2020) red old 3ds xl -> (2022) black old 3ds xl

I got the special edition 3DS XL and I also had a new 3DS with the HHP cases that I played NL on! I liked the XL but it was really heavy so I didn't always play on that.

I've used a few. Since I started in 2012 pre-USA release. My first experience with the game was on a white standard 3DS from Japan. That was quite an experience as the whole system and game was locked in Japanese. I mention the 3DS being white because I don't think I've ever seen a white one sold in the USA. I wish I still had it.

After the game's USA release, I played the game on the 3DS XL, and eventually the New 3DS XL, and the original 2DS.

I started on a Year of Luigi 3DS XL because I had to get a new system to replace my original 3DS model because the right shoulder button stopped working. And then I moved to the New 3DS model when it was announced. I still have my old models and two additional NL game cards. I’m not even sure how I ended up with a third copy of the game.

Gray Mario 3ds xl until the hinge broke because of wear and tear and now I have the red 3ds xl.

I got this bundle for my birthday in 2014, I kinda forgot about Animal Crossing and was mad that it was already out for a year haha.

71sWpfW6zyL.jpg

I originally had the blue 3ds launch model, I loved that thing. But when it finally wore down and stopped charging/shoulder buttons stopped working right, I went for one of the basic black-grey-shiny whatever color it's called New 3DS XL's. Currently I have a super mario flavored New 3DS that my brother sold to me as a favor when the aforementioned N3DSXL started getting a real bad circle pad issue that I had no word for at the time, but I now understand as "stick drift"

I would say the vast majority of my New Leaf Hours were on that first 3DS though, I was all over that game and this forum in 2014 (I don't have a crazy amount of hours in the game, but I def played it a lot more than I do now hahaha)

Back