• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon For the PMD Fans, what was your very first Pokemon from the Personality Quiz?

IonicKarma

Wishful Phoenix
Bells
Switch
4983-2347-1891
Pearlescent Crystal
Opalescent Crystal
Enchanted Bloom
Rose Crystal
Citrine Crystal
Star Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
If you played other games, what were your first ones there?

I ended up with Pikachu the first time I played PMD Explorers of Time, as generic as it gets LOL

Discharge did help a ton though, aoe room move was great.

In Sky I got Eevee, in Gates I got Pikachu again, and in Super Mystery Dungeon i got Chikorita

I can’t remember what I got as my first as a kid playing explorers of time, except that I reset it until I got piplup 😭

Maybe skitty? I know I went through a lot of others until I got my little penguin buddy

My first time for Explorers of Sky was most likely Phanpy. It helped a TON against Electric types, but my partner basically had to cover for me on any water-filled or grassy levels, xD.

I've played every Mystery Dungeon game since then, but don't really remember who I've chosen each time. Usually I go for Riolu if possible, especially considering it evolves into my favorite Pokemon.

I got Chikorita for the first time in Blue Rescue Team! I stuck with her too cause she's cute hehe.

My first time for Explorers of Sky was most likely Phanpy. It helped a TON against Electric types, but my partner basically had to cover for me on any water-filled or grassy levels, xD.

I've played every Mystery Dungeon game since then, but don't really remember who I've chosen each time. Usually I go for Riolu if possible, especially considering it evolves into my favorite Pokemon.
Oo ya I bet Phanpy would help a ton for Amp Plains, the first time you see monster houses too. Nowadays I also just try to go for Eevee so I get trying for your favorite!
Post automatically merged:

I got Chikorita for the first time in Blue Rescue Team! I stuck with her too cause she's cute hehe.
I love Chikorita! Such a cutie! She also has a great move set in the Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

I think I got squirtle in Blue Rescue, Pika in Super, and Bulbasaur in DX (all Kanto somehow). I usually reset for Skitty in the rescue team games and Riolu in Sky because Skitty is broken as all heck (double slap in og, and it can get BLIZZARD in DX, making totodile its ideal partner), and Riolu because I like it.

I think my first was mudkip but I'm not entirely sure. I do remember being awake at 3am on my DS crying over a Treecko though.

Unrelated, I really wish PMD had stayed a 2D game. 3d definitely made it loose a lot of it's charm.

Chikorita in Blue Rescue Team! This made it become my favorite starter! My previous favorite starter, Mudkip, was my partner.
As for the other games, I remember having Meowth in Time, Eevee in Sky, Oshawott in Gates to Infinity, and Mudkip in Super. I feel like I chose the last two myself, though? Unsure.
When I played DX, I just reused my Pokemon from Blue Rescue Team, names and all.

An additional reason why I never stuck with my original choice and went for Skitty in the Rescue Team trilogy (Red, Blue and DX) is because Attract is BUSTED. When combined with double slap and a partner that hits for weakness, you can basically sweep the game. ESPECIALLY IN DX. Blizzard + Double Slap link combo on Skitty and Blizzard + Surf on Totodile can help you through the game a TON.
TL;DR: Skitty = broken

I got Torchic in my first playthrough of Explorers of Sky! When I replayed later though I used a guide to get Vulpix instead ahaha. Both times though I chose Shinx as my partner! Even replaying as an adult, he kept the incredibly creative name "Shinxy" that kid-me gave him.

I've used guides for the other PMD games to get my choice of player ahaha, but they were Tepig in Gates (Axew partner), Chimchar in Super Mystery Dungeon (with Froakie), Squirtle in Blue Rescue Team (Treecko as partner), and I'm planning to go for either combination of Meowth/Psyduck when I play Rescue Team DX!

My first PMD game was Blue Rescue Team for the DS, which I adored. It made me a lifelong fan of the series and I still consider it one of the best spinoff series of any video game franchise.

My very first character was Torchic, and my first partner was Mudkip.

In Explorers of Time I was Charmander with a Shinx partner, and in Super Mystery Dungeon I was Snivy with Oshawatt as a partner. (I also played some of Gates to Infinity with Axew + Pikachu, but didn’t complete the game.)

I so very much hope that we get another mystery dungeon game one day.

My first Mystery Dungeon game was Explorers of Time, and I tried not to go for a guide or anything and was naturally assigned Treecko. I picked Charmander for my partner, although if I had known at the time that the final dungeon would be full of fire and rock Pokemon, I probably would have picked a water type to be my partner instead.

oh man the first time i played PMD was almost two decades ago…. i genuinely forgot, i think it might have been cyndaquil? all i remember is that i would pick chikorita as my partner since i loved her a lot. ;w; I don’t remember our team name either but it probably sounded dumb NFDKNDFNJK

Skitty. My favorite pokemon off the bat. I absolutely loved skitty when I was a kid, I hunted one down in the main games and was ecstatic that I could be one in PMD time. In sky I reset to have riolu though :3

oh man the first time i played PMD was almost two decades ago…. i genuinely forgot, i think it might have been cyndaquil? all i remember is that i would pick chikorita as my partner since i loved her a lot. ;w; I don’t remember our team name either but it probably sounded dumb NFDKNDFNJK
Omg don't say that I already feel old enough as it is

I got mudkip from explorers of time and it ruined my life.

I kept picking water type trainers from that day...

I dont entirely remember, but im sure ive had bulbasaur, maybe mudkip. I know one of my blue/red atm is Cubone with Machop, and when I was younger I printed out all the questions so I could be Vulpix in Sky with Chikorita as my partner.
I think I was skitty once but it never went far. I do miss those fames and need to replay.

I dedicated my perfect apple to wigglytuff.

I can't remember for the life of me as my first ever PMD game was Blue Rescue Team, but maybe just maybe it was Mudkip as I ever so faintly recall being totally in love with the cute remodel of the Rescue Team Base, and the pond and turtle shell bed <3<3 then after that, I would just look up an online Quiz guide to guarantee getting who I wanted, since I did so many playthroughs and wanted to try out all sorts of new combinations.

But basically, my favorites always tend to be Mudkip for the very useful Mud Slap attack, Bulbasaur for the area of effect (AOE) powders, Turtwig for belonging in the super tanky IQ skill group E and Vulpix for having access to the best utility in IQ skill group G.

When I had Gates to Infinity, my hero/partner were Axew and Tepig, but the game was so lackluster that I ended up selling it. It had no replay value whatsoever imo but its OST is one of the best ever, right alongside the OST of Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. And in Super PMD, I played as Treecko and Froakie 🦎🐸💚💙 lately I've been considering starting a new playthrough, but because my current file is already at 100% completion, it would be a tough call. Plus I would be so indecisive choosing my hero/partner. The Emera mechanic is totally fun and busted lol

Back