• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you get into TBT?

I was looking for a new place to do New Leaf trades in! I had been doing my trades on GameFAQS since a couple months or so after New Leaf came out, but the activity was slowly dying down and I didn’t feel like I was really part of the community there, so I decided to try and go elsewhere. I did some searching around on Google one day, and that’s how I found ACC and TBT!

I created an account on here and ACC, and did a bunch of New Leaf trades in both communities! I remember how blown away I was by how active TBT was compared to GameFAQS. There was a new post almost every couple of minutes, whereas there was often hours between new posts on GameFAQS. ACC was pretty active at the time as well, but TBT definitely had both places beat. 😅

I wasn’t really interested in actually being part of either community at the time, making new friends, participating in events etc. I just wanted to do New Leaf trades and give items/villagers away. Because of that, I ended up leaving both ACC and the forums when I lost interest in New Leaf and stopped playing in 2017. I wasn’t playing anymore, so I didn’t see a reason to stick around.

I eventually came back to TBT in early 2020 when I decided that I would be getting New Horizons, and I’m forever so glad that I did. New Horizons and future trades were of course my main reasons for coming back, but even though I don’t really play New Horizons anymore, I don’t see me leaving the forums again any time soon. I’ve made so many dear friends and memories here! I love the forum events and collectibles so, so much, and I love getting to chat with you all on an almost regular basis! I honestly regret leaving in 2017, but I’m so, so glad that I came back, and that I discovered this little corner of the internet in the first place! 🫶🏻

I joined to look for my dreamy villagers! Someone gave me Marshal for free and I was blown away. I don’t remember who it was, I have to dig through my oldest posts. Also traded some furniture here and there but didn’t really look at any other threads. I don’t remember how I got so invested. Maybe it was during 2020 fair? I vaguely remember seeing all these new event threads and being curious.

I tried for a few months to get the fruit I was missing: apples, peaches and cherries. I was a long time lurker, but eventually decided to join as it seemed to be such a happy and positive forum! To begin with I thought I would get the fruit and then never come back. However, as I've said everyone was really friendly so I kept coming back!

it was probably new leaf related, but I truly don't remember the specifics and looking up my early posts doesn't offer any concrete answers either

I actually don’t remember. This one Sunday afternoon or morning near the end of May I just decided to join. I think I’d heard of it before that and I wanted to play online, and I would rather make an account on some random forum than Reddit. But I’m glad I did end up joining, because I realized that this is way more than a “random forum.” I didn’t really start using this site until the Camp event for 2023. And then I think I started to use it as often as I do now when I had to go back to school, in the last couple days in August and early September.

every time i would google something abt new leaf tbt would come up so i became super familiar with it ! i lurked for ages but i was itching to buy items / villagers so i eventually made an account and ive been here ever since 💗

Tbh I can't remember the exact details, but I think I was looking into how to get specific villagers for New Leaf back in 2015 which is when I joined the forums. I guess I was googling it and stumbled across this place. 🤔 I recently looked back at some of my very first posts and I mostly seemed to be into getting my dreamies at the time. I've gone on long breaks over the years but I always end up coming back. Even if I go on long breaks, I don't think I'd ever truly quit.

i joined because i once saw the starry night wallpaper and kotatsu in someone's house while streetpassing and i became obsessed with that combo. after giving up on trying to obtain it thru rng, i decided to join here looking to buy it and have been here since :)

i joined for something new leaf related definitely but i don’t remember exactly what (probably a villager i wanted) !!!! 😭 but the community definitely made me stick around, i’m surprised i have stayed active on this forum for almost 10 years 🥹 to think i literally joined when i was 11 and i’m about to be 20 !!!! that’s insane !!!!

I started joining TBT around the New Horizons craze back in 2020 because I wanted to trade and catalog some items. Now, I basically just stick around here because of the amazing artists, events, and other cool people I talked here. I'm glad I decided to join TBT because of it. ☺️

I was obsessed with trading on Nookazon, but it got extra frustrating. So I ended up finding these forums to scratch my itch to trade in ACNH, & I found the people here much nicer & much more patient. I especially loved the members that were generous & kind in giving away game items (shoutout to @Liz! for being one of the only ones I see still active), & it really helped me grow my game collection. I've been here ever since, sticking around for the wonderful events & now trying to earn those sweet collectibles. 🙂

I liked how the forum worked compared to speed reading DMs on other sites/discord servers
I wanted to trade furniture, find villagers, and also helped my friends with what they wanted in ACNH when the game released :0

looked up animal crossing forums after resetting my new horizons island idk

After resetting my new leaf town in 2019 for the 4th or 5th time, I decided that I wanted path patterns in my new town like the ones I had seen in dream addresses. I did some googling and a lot of the coolest ones came from here on the bell tree! I lurked here to get more patterns, guides and answers to questions that I couldn't find anywhere else- until I decided to join almost two years later in 2021- I've forgotten why. But I'm very glad I did!

I ended up joining because a bunch of people who were in a group I was in at that time were from TBT, though I wouldn't actually use the forums back then. I ended up remembering TBT's existence thanks to stumbling across Animal Crossing World, then from there I remembered my account and ended up using TBT for trading items in NH. Definitely wouldn't have expected I'd still be here almost 4 years later, but I'm definitely glad I am!

I just checked my posts from 2012 and apparently I joined when city folk was popular. I searched for missing DLC items and was also really active during the NL hype phase.

I googled 'animal crossing forum'. I made an account. Posted completely irregularly for a year before disappearing entirely.

I don't remember what drew me back. Maybe I just felt lonely, nostalgic about animal crossing, or both.

I think I googled something completely random about animal crossing, and TBT popped up in the results. now, me, being the overly curious kid I am, clicked the link. and once I saw the forum, I knew I had to join. But I didn't join instantly. I lurked for the entire 2nd half of my 7th grade year and almost my 1st half of 8th grade, until I created my account to join the community and just have some fun. I am so glad I did.

i used to use neoseeker and someone recommended it, don't remember who it was.

Back