• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you first start loving Animal Crossing? Origin Stories!

It was nothing too special, really… My first exposure was from seeing my siblings play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Wild World theme song there has been nostalgic to me… I also liked to look at the trophies they collected, which included a few AC characters.

Come the age of the 3DS. By 2018 (late, I know) I've had mine for almost a year. On Christmas I got New Leaf, my first AC game. It was fun and relaxing and it clicked with me and now I really like Animal Crossing! ("love" would be overstating it for me...)

I didn't really expect myself to be part of the fandom though. I can be pretty reclusive, and in the past I had a guilty pleasure of reading these wiki articles bashing stuff like video games and movies. At one point there was a wiki like this that was about fandoms and hatedoms. My memory's hazy but I'm pretty sure the Animal Crossing fandom was in there. It was in this wiki that I ended up with a bad first impression of the community and learned about some certain questionable content (which we shall refuse to speak any more of).

Thankfully, joining The Bell Tree has helped me come to realize that not everyone in the Animal Crossing fandom is toxic after all.

Still, saying I'm part of a fandom makes me feel nervous because of everything I read back then, but now I'm slowly but surely transitioning out it. Just give me, like, a few more years...

I first started loving animal when I saw someone post a town tour video of their town in New Leaf I thought it looked so cute and immediately bought the game.

It was such on release for New Leaf and I’ve been playing animal crossing ever since 😊

A friend from my childhood had both WW and CF and would show me her town, so I really wanted to have my own. After begging my parents so much, they finally got me City Folk, and then later on New Leaf came out so I became obsessed with the franchise.

Back