• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hogwarts Legacy

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose

I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for this one already! Anyway, Hogwarts Legacy is coming out this week for PS5, Xbox X|S, and PC. Is anyone else looking forward to this one? :D

I'm currently preloading it ahead of the digital deluxe early access going live tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it! 🧙‍♂️

Release Date by Platform:
February 10, 2023 on PS5, Xbox X|S, and PC.
April 4, 2023 on PS4 and Xbox One.
July 25, 2023 on Nintendo Switch.

I thought about starting up a thread a while ago but for some reason it slipped my mind, anyway... Happy Hogwarts Legacy Day for anyone who ordered to digital deluxe edition on PC and next generation console! I hope you all have a great day playing it, I can't wait to dive into it after I'm done being a responsible adult for the day. 😂

...I can't wait to dive into it after I'm done being a responsible adult for the day. 😂
You're wiser than I am! I was still awake at midnight so I ended up loading up the game and then playing until 2am. I only went to bed because I knew I should over actually wanting to and I am very much regretting it this morning - I've a meeting in an hour and my brain is mush. Although, upside, once it's over I can go home and play more. :D

I'm in Slytherin. 🐍
1862988554885-screenshotUrl.jpg

I spent a good two and a half hours playing it last night, and so far, so good! I am a Ravenclaw, gonna edit with my character soon.

Here are my thoughts so far:
  • Thought the intro sequence was kind of cool, and the controls seem easy to use once I get used to the Playstation controller again
  • Love the customization options, also they’re using they/them pronouns while still looking feminine, gave me a bit of gender euphoria lol.
  • Wish there were more wand options, but I was able to pick one I liked out of what they had.
  • Phineas Nigellus Black is just as much of a dick as I thought he’d be, and to quote Oliver Wood here, “You can’t cancel quidditch!” (Though we’ll probably unlock that later)
  • Already I’m finding it super easy to get lost in Hogwarts. They put a ton of thought into this thing and you can tell
  • Funny one of the main people they’re warning about has a last name Rookwood. Already not trusting that dude because his decendant would go on to kill Fred Weasley.
Definitely hoping I can get on later today, but we’ll see how it goes.

I'm about 11 hours in and absolutely loving it. I've been avoiding big RPGs of late because I am under a never-ending pile of work and away from home a lot at the moment, but this one is 100% worth it.

Also, they've nailed the location. It really does feel like the Scottish Highlands. Some of the regional references are a bit heavy-handed at times, but maybe that's just because I live in and constantly travel throughout the Highlands. 😂

I'm about 11 hours in and absolutely loving it. I've been avoiding big RPGs of late because I am under a never-ending pile of work and away from home a lot at the moment, but this one is 100% worth it.

Also, they've nailed the location. It really does feel like the Scottish Highlands. Some of the regional references are a bit heavy-handed at times, but maybe that's just because I live in and constantly travel throughout the Highlands. 😂
I'm about four hours in (I don't have much time during the week to play) and Hogwarts is definitely a maze in itself, thank goodness for the mini map and the magical guide you can activate from your book. Overall though I'm just blown away by how much there is to do outside of the main quests, I can't wait to explore more over the weekend and hopefully get better at combat as I suck at it so far. 😂

I'm about four hours in (I don't have much time during the week to play) and Hogwarts is definitely a maze in itself, thank goodness for the mini map and the magical guide you can activate from your book. Overall though I'm just blown away by how much there is to do outside of the main quests, I can't wait to explore more over the weekend and hopefully get better at combat as I suck at it so far. 😂
I got lucky in that the early access lined up perfectly with some pre-scheduled time off where I'd actually be home for a few days straight for a change. However, I'm going to be away from home for three nights this coming week and I'm definitely going to be missing my PS5 while I'm gone. The downside to home consoles! 😂

The castle is indeed a maze! 20hrs in (I may have overdid it today*) and I still cannot navigate around it without the guide. I think I'd end up very frustrated if there wasn't a map and navigational tools available. I also rely very heavily on floo powder. Have you explored the Highlands much yet? I avoided trailers/news and had no idea how much there would be to do outside of Hogwarts itself. I'm definitely not complaining though!

*I'm only turning it off now because my eyelids are heavy. 😬 If it weren't almost 2am I'd keep going. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an action RPG this much.

Couple of screenshots I like from playing today:
186390f53b835-screenshotUrl.jpg

186390fca7b40-screenshotUrl.jpg

I got lucky in that the early access lined up perfectly with some pre-scheduled time off where I'd actually be home for a few days straight for a change. However, I'm going to be away from home for three nights this coming week and I'm definitely going to be missing my PS5 while I'm gone. The downside to home consoles! 😂

The castle is indeed a maze! 20hrs in (I may have overdid it today*) and I still cannot navigate around it without the guide. I think I'd end up very frustrated if there wasn't a map and navigational tools available. I also rely very heavily on floo powder. Have you explored the Highlands much yet? I avoided trailers/news and had no idea how much there would be to do outside of Hogwarts itself. I'm definitely not complaining though!

*I'm only turning it off now because my eyelids are heavy. 😬 If it weren't almost 2am I'd keep going. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed an action RPG this much.

Couple of screenshots I like from playing today:
I haven't visited the Highlands yet as I've just unlocked Hogsmede and about to go toe to toe with the troll, but I did finally get to customise my wand and some of the wand handles I've seen online and flippin' beautiful so I can't wait to get my hands on some of those. Honestly every screen shot I see from other players just makes me excited to get to that point, I can't get enough of the game and how beautiful it is. I feel like those of us with a next generation console are lucky so and so's right now.

I hope the next few days goes quickly for you so you can get back into the game again, I've got a friend at work who ordered the Standard Edition and he's a bigger fan of the franchise than I am. I just keep teasing him about the number puzzles dotted around Hogwarts and if he can't figure them out over the weekend then I'll tell him how they work... maybe. 😈😂

I’m about to get this game on Xbox today, and I can’t wait to play it! I’ve been hearing that it’s super fun so I’m excited to start today after work and play all weekend. My only problem is I bought Metroid Prime remastered the second it dropped after the direct, so that was a waste of money considering I won’t get to it for a whiiiile once I start playing Hogwarts Legacy lol

I’m about to get this game on Xbox today, and I can’t wait to play it! I’ve been hearing that it’s super fun so I’m excited to start today after work and play all weekend. My only problem is I bought Metroid Prime remastered the second it dropped after the direct, so that was a waste of money considering I won’t get to it for a whiiiile once I start playing Hogwarts Legacy lol
I'm playing it on Xbox and it's a ridiculously beautiful game, I keep taking screenshots and posting it on my Instagram gaming account, but be prepared to get addicted to the game as well as enjoy it though. There's so much to see and do as well which I am loving alongside the main quests.

I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread for this one already! Anyway, Hogwarts Legacy is coming out this week for PS5, Xbox X|S, and PC. Is anyone else looking forward to this one? :D

I'm currently preloading it ahead of the digital deluxe early access going live tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it! 🧙‍♂️

Release Date by Platform:
February 10, 2023 on PS5, Xbox X|S, and PC.
April 4, 2023 on PS4 and Xbox One.
July 25, 2023 on Nintendo Switch.
Some twitter and people on other forums called for a boycott due to comments made by J.K. Rowling. Some are taking it further by bothering streamers and v-tubers that play it. So maybe expect drama?

Some twitter and people on other forums called for a boycott due to comments made by J.K. Rowling. Some are taking it further by bothering streamers and v-tubers that play it. So maybe expect drama?
There's been drama around this game for months and its got worse since it was released on Tuesday for Digital Deluxe owners, those that are against the game are just angry that their boycott failed so they're now going round posting spoilers instead. It's pathetic.

Anyway enough of that, I've come to the conclusion that I hate the Cross Wands challenges. I'm currently struggling on round three but I need to defeat the other students in order to advance further with Professor Hecat. 😩😂

Last edited:
I’ve only played 3 hours worth but I’m loving it 😊 the only coins I’ve collected is from finding little bags around the place.

How else do I make money?
Once you unlock Hogsmede sell any gear thats got a green or blue background as they won't help you when it comes to combat. I hoarded enough until my gear slots were full and then I went to any of the shops where I can purchase items and sold the lot. It has since allowed me to buy better gear from Gladrags Wizardwear whilst I hunt down/unlock more as I progress through the game.

I've already clocked almost 40hrs of gameplay. 🙈

I don't plan on buying the game, but I've been watching my friend play it and he enjoys exploring the toilets so far.
image.png
He also found a potion brew making toilet stall.
And people tell me I'm weird for drinking coffee in the shower...

I’ve only played 3 hours worth but I’m loving it 😊 the only coins I’ve collected is from finding little bags around the place.

How else do I make money?
As @TalviSyreni says above, the best way to make money is to sell gear. I only keep hold of the items I'm actively using. You can transmog items to look like any other item you have previously owned so don't feel you need to hang onto something solely for appearances.

If you're on PS5, there is also an exclusive side quest in Hogsmeade called Minding Your Own Business where you can unlock your own shop and sell gear for an additional 10%. This side quest will come to other platforms February 10th, 2024.

Couple of screenshots from the above named quest:

Fow7ZuZXgAIZVFG.jpeg
Fow3es0XsAAGRxF.jpeg

Back