• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Games Did You Complete in 2023?

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
This thread is fairly self-explanatory: what games did you finish in 2023?

I completed five games in 2023:

Key: 🏆 = 100% Completion | 📖 = Story Only.​

🏆 Cult of the Lamb (PS5)
My partner got me into this one and despite how short it was I would easily put it as my second favourite game this year. It's equal parts adorable and messed-up and I just love the overall aesthetic of the game. I grew so attached to my cult followers.

📖 Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)
I really enjoyed this game and intended to 100% it, and I was on track to do so, but the collectible grind got to me. I've attempted to return to it a few times but I can't seem to get back into it. While I enjoyed my time with it I feel that so much of the game being set in the Highlands rather than the castle itself was a poor choice.

🏆 Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story (PS4)
The trailer for the sequel is what drew my attention to this series. It's simple and repetitive but also very cute and I got hooked. I had so much fun with the arquebusier class. I'd like to play the sequel eventually, if I can get it on sale.

📖 Samurai Warriors 4-II (PS4)
I finished the story in late June and then attempted to platinum the game by the end of the year, but even despite sinking 126hrs into it I'm still a good 30-50hrs away from accomplishing this feat. So that's my main gaming-related goal for 2024! Samurai Warriors is one of my favourite game franchises so the grind is worth it. It's my go-to game after a bad day.

🏆 Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life (PS5)
This was a wonderful trip down memory lane and a much-needed distraction during a six-week period where things just weren't going right for me. I got so invested in the farm and my little family (even though I'm still convinced my wife cheated on me with @Mistreil). I think this might be my number one favourite title I played in 2023.

I don't play games that have stories to complete outside of Pokémon. I personally completed Pokémon Violet. I am almost finished with Pokemon Crystal Dust. It's basically a Pokémon Crystal rom hack with the graphics of the GBA games. It's one of my favorite games, even more so that it is based in the Johto region. I didn't defeat the Elite Four on either game since I only recently stopped playing after collecting the gym badges. It's really a confidence thing since I don't believe my teams are ever good enough to become champion. I tend to only use Pokémon I like rather than strong ones, and it's rare that I end the game with a full team anyway.

stray - 01/02 (PS5). got this for christmas in 2022. recommend for sure! spent ages trying to get the can't cat-ch me achievement and succeeded. going to borrow this from someone in the future so i can play through it again and platinum it and experience the difficultness of said achievement once more 😌

portal - 14/08 (computer). cool puzzles and mechanics but i didn't really get invested in the villain. my stomach did the inside flip thing

sea of stars - 02/09 (switch lite). spent the most part of 4 or 5 days being obsessed with this game. adore the night and day versions of the soundtrack (jamming to them on spotify basically on the daily), art style and combat! mega recommend!

a short hike - 15/09 (PS5). 100% completion = 21/10. my sister told me about this game. adore the art style and the characters u meet on ur journey!! love love love this game so much with all of my heart. i'm planning to replay this at some point for sure. another mega recommend!! this is my top title that i played last year.

celeste - 26/09 (switch lite). loved the soundtrack + art style, but i got kind of lost/confused with the story about halfway through

super mario 3D world + bowser's fury - 01/10 (switch lite). WATER DINO GO JUMPERS!!

lil' gator game - 23/10 (PS5) + 100% completion. was good! pot lid shield go BRRRR. smol recco

journey - 31/10 (PS5). was alright, but i just felt i was just moving the L-stick upwards for most of the game and i didn't really get the ending. i guess going on the adventure with a couple of strangers was wholesome. the environments were cool! but nothing's really stuck with me in my brain long-term

pikmin 4 (switch lite) - my first ever pikmin game. played this in the run up to christmas, completed the story the other day but i've put it as a game i completed last year. recco!

Last edited:
Focused less than usual on completing games last year, but that was the plan! Just wanted to make sure I'm completing games because I want to and I'm having fun, and not doing it as a compulsory thing. ;v; 📖 = story completion, ⭐ = main story + some extras, 🏆 fully complete

📖 Lover Pretend - Completed, minus bad endings. Yukito's route (and Yukito in general) was stellar... and set my expectations entirely too high for the rest of the game. I enjoyed Harumi's route, but then the other three either had me raising an eyebrow nearly the whole time, or getting angry at my Switch. Sometimes both. Also found the writing to be kind of repetitive/clumsily handled at times, but hey, I made it through.

📖 Fantasy Life - Completed the main story and the Origin Isle storyline! I've yet to reach Creator in all the Lives, and I've still got some remaining quests and other things I might like to do at some point, but I hit a bit of a level wall in my progress and haven't been back to it in a bit. I'll probably get around to it when the grindy mood strikes me.

⭐ Pokémon HeartGold - Got all 16 badges, caught all the legendaries that are available without copies of Soul Silver/etc., and finally defeated Red to avenge my ten-year-old self!!

⭐ Pokémon White - Completed the story, caught the available legendaries, became Champion, all that good stuff—I'm not one to try for Pokédex completion or anything though ahaha ;w; except in Legends: Arceus. still working on that one

⭐ Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion - HD Renovation - Completed all the story content! While I haven't seen everything Endless Mode has to offer yet (though I probably will at some point), that's all RNG and I don't think there's a whole lot left to do that I haven't done already, so I'm giving myself a star on this one.

⭐ Stardew Valley - Completed a 100% Perfection run! Haven't seen all heart events or done the Joja route yet though.

🏆 Usagi Shima - Got all the achievements for now! If any get added in the future I'll definitely go for those too.

🏆 Dragon Quest Builders - Completed the main story + all challenges for each chapter! Had a blast with this one; I think that it has you essentially start over with each chapter prevented me from getting tired of it.

I really only beat one game this year and it was a 3 hour story game. 🙃

I started LOTS of games in 2023 but have yet to beat them all. Maybe in 2024 I will?

Anyway! Sumire was the game I beat and it was sooooo cute. Very heartwarming story where I actually got connected to the characters and making sure Sumire's day was the best day ever. It tugged at my heartstrings and made me want to create a list of to dos. It really reminds you that life is short so if you wanna do something, just do it.

My list looks a bit short for what I usually go through, since I feel like I spent most of my time this year playing games that don't have proper ends like Splatoon and Theatrhythm. Also have quite a few replays on here but they're good too!!

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (replay) - Started this at the end of 2022 and finished at the start of 2023. This was my first run on Hard Mode and wow, hard mode is hard!! This game is still hilarious, I love it.

Live A Live (first run) - Got this on Christmas 2022 but didn't start playing until January 2023. It's short but still very great!!

Octopath Traveler II (first run) - My game of the year (even tho I didn't play many new games this year), very good game. But I won't say more about it now because...

Octopath Traveler (replay) - What better way to follow up the sequel than replaying the original since I haven't touched it in years! I do like the second game more, but Alfyn is still my favorite character in both games. Ophilia was also my MVP this run, I barely used her in my first run but this time she was able to do over 360,000 damage per action with the right build somehow :lemon: Also I like how when I beat Galdera on my first run my reaction was "I'm so glad I beat it, I never want to do it again"... and then I did it again on this run anyways. Oops.

Pikmin 4 (first run) - Nice game c: I 100%ed it, and then started a second run where I'm trying to use Oatchi as few times as possible. Still haven't finished that run yet though.

...yep that's it. 5 games, and 2 of them are just replays.

I admire those of you that have the drive and patience to go for 100% completion! 😭 I play through the story with more of a "whatever happens, happens" mindset, lol.

I finished these in 2023:
- Rune Factory 3 Special
- Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
- Fae Farm
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

I got and subsequently beat Mario Wonder within 3 days lol. Also does catching a Therian Forme Legendary in Dream Radar count?

I started several games in 2023 but only finished a couple of them, which is fairly standard for me!

-Zelda: Majora's Mask Randomizer. I completed 42 randomized runs in 2023. I started a 43rd at the end of the year, but haven't finished it yet. I think I might be a bit addicted to the randomizer...

-Transport Fever, a city builder/transport tycoon type game. I only played the free play mode which I guess can't really be "completed," but I did play 3 full maps to the point I'd consider them to be complete, with no more lines to be added and at most only minor refinements still needed.

And that's about it, I honestly can't think of a single other game I actually finished last year.

Oh I can't even recall all games but I try my best. Usually I play almost all genres as long as the gameplay and story looks interesting. Powerwash is maybe a bit odd but it calmed my mind during certain events.

🏆Persona 4 golden
🏆Persona 3 portable
📖Grandia (replayed for the 100x time).
📖Hogwarts legacy
📖Sons of the forest
🏆Yakuza 4 (someday I will finish all of them).
🏆Zelda MM (replayed)
🏆Powerwash simulator
🏆Rune factory 4 (replayed)
📖Story of seasons: A wonderful life
📖Baldurs gate 3 (my beloved, I will work on Platinum this year tho)

I am sure I missed some. I also have a lot of unfinished games 🥲

Mortal Kombat 1 story mode

Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages and Seasons on Switch Online service

Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe

Pokemon Violet Teal Mask and Indigo Disk

Only Super Mario Bros Wonder.

I'm not really that big in expanding my gaming library. Seriously, I bought the new Spongebob game that came out last year and never played it yet. I'm stuck doing AC and Mario Kart for eternity.

I miss pouring my heart and soul into chasing that 100% on my older 3ds titles. I'm still proud of my Bravely Default: Second Layer save-file.

last year was a bit empty for me. I think I will focus more on 100%'ing files again. I spent most of my time playing Minecraft and Tetris honestly.

📖 Quake
Something I've been wanting to say since I was little was "I beat quake" and I did and now I can say it and that means I'm very cool and good at video-games. I did that in December so it counts... kind of...

📖doom 3 - Xbox360 edition
A game that feels right at home on that system. I have the collectors edition and the cover is very nice to hold and look at.

This year I hopefully will be greatly expanding my 3Ds collection so I would like to write that I have 100%'d some of the great titles on that system.

I admire those of you that have the drive and patience to go for 100% completion! 😭 I play through the story with more of a "whatever happens, happens" mindset, lol.

I finished these in 2023:
- Rune Factory 3 Special
- Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
- Fae Farm
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
That's really the way I do it. I'm not going to 100% something if I am not enjoying it. Some games have mind-numbing time sink grinds. I could be playing another game (or anything else) and having fun instead of trying to grind for some silly achievement.

My cousin was really adamant about 100% Botw with the korok seeds. You don't need all of them anyway to get the upgrades. So at a certain point you're just wasting your time over busywork.

I finished Grounded. It's a game about kids who are shrunken and trapped in a closed in backyard. Think Honey I Shrunk the Kids, but way more intense with killer ants, spiders, mosquitoes, and giant wolf spiders. Those things just jump out of nowhere at night. Apparently there's rumors of more updates for a more areas and wishful thinking for the house to be opened. If that does happen I'll probably pick it back up because it was actually a fun game.

Sonic Frontiers— I was oddly proud of myself after the towers on Rhea Island. That was harder than the actual final lol.

(I finished Mario Wonder in early January, but am still working on getting all the Wonder Seeds, so technically not a 2023 completion, but it felt like one.)

I very rarely 100% games (or even finish their stories) but I'm proud to say I finished both Baldur's Gate 3 & Dragon Age Origins last year! (just the stories lol)

Such amazing games.

I very rarely 100% games (or even finish their stories) but I'm proud to say I finished both Baldur's Gate 3 & Dragon Age Origins last year! (just the stories lol)

Such amazing games.
The only games I’ve ever 100% completely were the two Touch Detective games for the DS, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Wario Land 4, Wario Land 3, Super Mario Land 2, Wario Land, and Drill Dozer. Almost came close to 100% in a few other games but a super hard secret boss fight, elusive collectible, or very specific requirement that refuses to happen for me prevents it.

I think I only completed two games last year. One I played and completed for the first time, and the other was a game that I played through for the second time.

Pikmin 4
Before this I'd already played Pikmin 1-3, and I'd loved every single one. I was looking forward to this game a lot before it was released, and I wasn't disappointed. It was really hard to put down once I started playing. I completed a decent amount of it, more than just the main story, but I haven't 100% completed it. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually!

Super Mario Odyssey
I had a lot of fun replaying this game! 3D Mario games have always been some of my favorites, and this might be my favorite of them all to be honest, although I'm torn between it and Super Mario 64. I didn't 100% complete it though, and I didn't the first time I played it either. I'll probably restart it again before I ever 100% complete it to be honest. I'm very bad at 100% completing games... I'll complete them and do as much as I can along the way, but if there are some things that are too tough/tricky for me in the moment then I'll just put them off until later, and then never actually go back to do some of them. Post-game content depends, like for this game I did complete most of the Mushroom Kindgom, but I didn't really bother much with the Dark Side and Darker Side stuff either time that I played it

In order:
  • Control
  • Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
  • Fallout 4
  • Assassin's Creed Black Flag
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
  • SMT Nocturne HD
  • Pokémon Colosseum
  • Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness
  • Red Dead Redemption
11 games last year. I'm not a completionist by any means, I play till the end and occasionally try out postgame if I'm not burnt out. I love the feeling of beating a game even more.

I can't recall all of them but I'll post what I remember:
  • Dragon Quest Builders - All chapters completed and challenges as well
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2 - Completed the game and all Tablet Targets
  • Dragon Quest XI - Beat the game plus all the extra hidden stuff
  • Chrono Trigger - Haven't played this one in years
  • Skyrim - It's fun to go back after a few years and replay this one

Back