• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Games Did You Complete in 2022?

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Inspired by a post I saw by @Neb elsewhere, I'm curious to know what games everyone completed this year. :D

I completed seven games in 2022:

Key: 🏆 = 100% Completion | 📖 = Story Only.

🏆 Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires (PS5)
Considered a flop by most people, but I liked this game enough to 100% it - and I'll probably do so again on PS4 at some point in 2023 because I'm getting impatient waiting for the next installment.

🏆 The Last Campfire (PS5)
I saw @magicaldonkey mention this game and decided to check it out. Very sweet story, cute graphics, and the puzzles are the right level of challenging to be relaxing but not too mindless.

🏆 Nexomon: Extinction (PS4)
One of my favourite games I played in 2022, coming second only to Harvestella (still mid-playthrough). I'd recommend this game to anyone who has been disappointed with how Pokémon has been handled in recent years - I'd describe it as Pokémon for grown-ups. The story is hilariously witty, trainer and wild Nexomon levels scale with yours, and the art style is just so much more pleasing.

🏆 Planet Coaster (PS5)
Not a game that I thought would handle well on PS5, but it was surprisingly okay once I had played enough that the controls became intuitive.

🏆 Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada (PS4)
I caved and re-bought this game secondhand after losing my disc for it years ago. After being disappointed by SW5, I was happy to return to the look and feel of the SW4 era games.

🏆 Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS4)
I started this while hungover and sucked so badly at it that I was motivated to finish it. I'm far too old for a kids game to best me. It took me way too long to complete this game. Despite platinuming it I still suck at it.

📖 Stray (PS5)
This game was visually beautiful but it didn't live up to the hype for me personally. I enjoyed the town exploration and I loved the robot characters but the rest fell flat. In saying that, I am debating returning to it to clean-up the trophies. The achievements for not getting attacked by zurks during the first chase scene and the 2hr speedrun are putting me off though.

Ooh I was just thinking the other day that I was really happy with the number of games I finished in 2022, I'll join in on this! ^^ Going to borrow the key above so I won't be repeating myself too much on what I did/didn't complete, with the addition of "⭐" for ones in-between.

Started prior to 2022:

🏆 Code: Realize ~Wintertide Miracles~ - It probably got a little tangled up in all the various timelines it was wrangling in a couple places, but I can't say that really affected my enjoyment of it. Overall I'm super satisfied with how everything was wrapped up, and it was a really lovely way to close a series so near and dear to my heart.

⭐ Dragon Quest XI S - Completed most everything, except for a few remaining gambling and horse-racing achievements that I couldn't be bothered with. Easily my favorite Dragon Quest game, and one I'll almost certainly come back to for replays in the future. I love it to bits and could go on about it for ages, but I'll refrain.

📖 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team - Felt like it wrapped up right as I was really getting into it, but oh well. I think later PMD titles improved on things a lot, but it was still a pretty good first game. I'm pretty sure the cartridge I got was on its last legs though. 😅 When I get around to Rescue Team DX I might try for further completion, but I didn't feel like risking it here.

📖 Minecraft Dungeons (+DLC) - Not a genre I usually play, but I had a lot of fun with it! Loved the graphics/added mobs, may or may not come back to it for casual play in the future.

📖 Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani - Played through all the routes, minus the bad endings, as per usual for me. The characters were great and it definitely became one of my favorite otome games. I'd love for it to get a fandisc, but I don't see it happening. ;u;

🏆 Slime Rancher - I'd already mostly completed this one, but I did go back and clean up the last few achievements I was missing last year. Looking forward to the day when I can play SR2!

📖 Pokémon Platinum - The game that taught me that 1/8192 shiny hunting is not for me. I burnt myself out on this one pretty bad soft-resetting for a shiny Azelf, but when I decided to give up on that and just keep playing the darn game, I had a lot of fun with it again. Never finished this one as a kid, so I'm glad I was finally able to.

Started in 2022:

📖 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - I do maintain that it's a pretty underrated DQ game, despite some awkwardness here and there, but in hindsight I've found myself agreeing with others that it's... oddly depressing for Dragon Quest? Not that the series is a stranger to darker themes or a tragic episode here and there, but a lot of VII felt unusually unsatisfying/pointless. Definitely not a bad DQ game, and I thought a lot of the party members were pretty great, but it's not a favorite of mine.

⭐ Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King - Much better!! I understand why VIII is such a beloved title for so many now. I completed most things, and I enjoyed it so much that I probably would've gone for 100%, if not for the fact that true recipe/item list completion isn't possible without DLC items that I don't believe are accessible through regular means anymore. 🥲

🏆 Style Savvy: Styling Star - The grind for 100% on this one was... surprisingly brutal. Cute game though, and definitely scratched my itch for dressup games. I'll probably check out other games in the series when the mood strikes me again.

📖 Ib - Just did one playthrough + the bonus area. I was already familiar with the story through watching Youtube playthroughs back in the day, but I loved getting to play it for myself.

I also finished my New Leaf town last year and got it to a point I was really pleased with, but I didn't pursue the badges as much as I thought I would. Also not listed are some otome where I only wanted to play a couple of individual routes—so they're hardly "finished", but I'm finished with them ahahaha. I don't think I'll focus as hard on catching up with my gaming backlog this year for a couple reasons, but I'm still quite happy looking back on this. ^^ I'd love to see a thread like this for 2023!

Despite starting so many games in 2022, I only actually finished two of them. I have a terrible habit of starting games without ever actually playing all the way through them.

1. Zelda: Majora's Mask (randomized). This was my first time trying out a randomizer and I had a lot of fun with it. It's great to have a new way to play my favorite game of all time. It's forced me to think outside the box a bit and has led to a lot of discoveries about the game that even after 20+ years I still didn't know.

2. Call of Duty: Black Ops (DS). I had this game back when it was new, but ended up losing it at some point over the years. A few months ago I suddenly got the itch to play the game again (more specifically, the zombies mode), and ended up ordering it alongside all of the other DS Call of Duty games. They aren't the best looking games out there, but in my opinion they play surprisingly well for the most part (the earlier ones are a bit on the rough side though). Plus, with a little help from emulation I was able to play the game online for the first time which was a lot of fun.

Of course, in this case "completed" simply means I played through the entire campaign once, and on the easiest difficulty. If we're talking completing all modes, I'm not even close!

2022 was a bit of an adventure this year, in terms of gaming. I feel like even as long as this list is, there's probably some that I've forgotten about already. I don't normally play this many games, but... I needed some distractions.

Super Nintendo

📖 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island:
Easily one of the most nostalgic games on this list and one of the first games I remember ever specifically asking for by name. Perhaps if the game had been released today, I wouldn't consider babysitting a screaming child my idea of a good time, but the visual presentation, the music, the controls... it all has such a charm to it that I think every single Yoshi game released subsequently has simply failed to even attempt to match up to it. Still a great game, honestly.

🏆 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time: Another very nostalgic one, and one that can be completed in a couple hours at most. Just a fun beat-em-up that I used to play with my family all the time. The music is still fantastic.

🏆 Chrono Trigger: This is a game that I'd been meaning to play for awhile. I didn't expect it to be as cute and upbeat as it was, but I really enjoyed it. I can see why it's considered one of if not the best RPG's not just on the Super Nintendo but of all time.

📖 Final Fantasy VI: I was reluctant to start this one, since I already had so many RPG games on my list this year, but I'm happy that I did. It's easily become one of my favorite games on the system. I remember a few criticisms levied towards the game along the lines of "big and epic for the sake of being big and epic" and I... simply don't agree. While the scope of the game is indeed quite large--and perhaps fourteen protagonists is a tad excessive--the core of the narrative still largely centers on small, intimate interactions, rather than enormous, exciting quests. I wouldn't want every Final Fantasy entry to follow in this game's footsteps, but I think they did an excellent job with what they did manage to accomplish.

📖 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars: This is another game that has been on my bucket list for years that I can't possibly fathom why only recently did I get around to it. I think Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is the slightly better game, but I still enjoyed this one quite a lot.

Mega Drive

📖 Phantasy Star II:
Extremely grindy even for the standards of a typical turn-based JRPG, but it's also one that requires a greater deal of strategy to stand a chance even at higher levels. The localization leaves a lot to be desired, but I still enjoyed my time with it.

📖 Phantasy Star IV: Generations of Doom: I skipped the third entry because it's bad. Anyway, Phantasy Star IV is easily the best RPG on the Mega Drive and one of the best RPG's of the 16-bit era in general. The visual presentation, the music, the battle system. It's challenging, but is extremely fun. The localization, while rough in places, is also considerably better than the previous entries as well.

PlayStation 1

🏆 Dino Crisis 2:
The original Dino Crisis is perhaps my favorite horror game of all time (as someone who doesn't normally enjoy horror games), but I knew even before I played that the second was not going to live up to those expectations. While the original could be accurately condensed to the summary of "Resident Evil but with dinosaurs," its sequel is a more linear, action-oriented game. For what it's worth, it's fine for what it is. I had fun. I hate Dylan, though. Seriously, someone get the man a proper hairdresser.

📖 Klonoa: Door to Phantomile: Oh my gooooooosh Klonoa just oozes with charm. It's not the most competently put together game and has aged in some aspects, but it's so easy to look past its flaws with the host of cute characters, story, and music and sound design that are just an all around delight. I really had a lot of fun with it.

📖 Final Fantasy IX: I have a bit of a complicated history with the PlayStation Final Fantasy games, which I'll spare you for now. But to make a long story short, this was my first Final Fantasy game, and while I enjoyed it at the time, I expected to return to the game, be nostalgic for a bit, but then concede that it hasn't aged terribly well. But instead, I was emotionally invested from beginning to end and it is now in one of my top-ten favorite games of all time.

📖 Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete: The localization for this game is... not good. But it's still a very good game. Probably one of the best on the system that doesn't have Final Fantasy in the title.

🏆 Threads of Fate: It's cute. As far as Action (non-turn based) RPG's go, it's kind of mediocre, but it's worth going through once. I love Mint.

🏆 Grandia: It's pretty good! I think the second disc is a bit of a let down compared to the first one, but it's still an overall great game with fun characters. However, the PlayStation version is the worst version on the basis of visual presentation alone.

Game Boy Advance

📖 Final Fantasy IV:
There seems to be a bit of divide in the fandom between this game and the aforementioned Final Fantasy VI. They're both good games, but I enjoyed VI a little bit more.

Nintendo DS

📖 Final Fantasy III (3D remake):
It's okay! Nothing about it is bad, but nothing about it is particularly good, either.

Nintendo Switch

🏆 The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles:
I love the Ace Attorney series, but I've felt that it has consistently failed since the forth entry to reach the heights of the original trilogy. For that reason, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is a such a breath of fresh air. I still think it doesn't reach quite the same emotional levels of the trilogy, but nearly every single case is fantastic. And the character development and world building is some of the best I've seen in awhile.

📖 Metroid Dread: Very good! Definitely worth the fifteen year wait, though I admit I'm not entirely sure what exactly--beyond visual presentation and music--they couldn't have achieved on the DS, or even the 3DS if they had to delay it for so long.

🏆 NieR:Automata - The End of YoRHa Edition: One of my favorite games of all time. A game that, in my opinion, sort of loses its power if you only view its larger text, which I understand can be a point of criticism in its own right. I'm also not a particularly big fan of Adam and Eve, though Square Enix villains in general are always hit-or-miss for me. It's a game that is emotionally devastating at points, but I felt strangely good at the end.

🏆 Bravely Default II: I was actually surprised when I finished playing this game and found that it was rather divisive among the fandom. There are many criticisms towards the game that I do more or less agree with, but as to the extent that they weaken the experience is where I'm conflicted. It's not the best RPG to ever grace the Nintendo Switch, but it's still a very fun--if a tad generic--classic JRPG experience.

PC

📖 Final Fantasy VII:
So... have you ever had the experience where a piece of media will be so lauded and praised that it becomes absolutely impossible that it will live up to the expectations set before you? This is the exact opposite of the problem I had with Final Fantasy VII. As I stated previously, I have a bit of a difficult history with the PSX Final Fantasy games, but this was one I played a bit as a child, but complications ensued. By the time I became an adult, the narrative around the game began to shift, and people began to describe the game as criminally overrated and actually mediocre when held up to even the slightest scrutiny. Not helped was the fact that I had watched the Advent Children movie and played Dirge of Cerberus and, because those two things were (in my opinion) not very good, that anything associated with Final Fantasy VII was also not very good. So when I finally sat down to replay this game after many, many years, I expected to enjoy it as a turn-based RPG, but find it otherwise unexceptional.

But no, it's sincerely a great game. No, it hasn't aged well, of course. And that snowboarding mini game was abysmal even in 1997 and is even worse in 2022. But the plot, the characters, the Materia system, the emotional impact of it all... I couldn't believe how much I was enjoying it. Like Final Fantasy IX above, it's quickly become one of my absolute favorite games, and I can't believe I had convinced myself that it wasn't deserving of that praise for so long. Even its weaker moments are filled with so much heart and sincerity that I can't really hate them. I still find most supplemental material related to FFVII to be, at best, mediocre. But the original game is just... so special.

📖 Final Fantasy VIII: I want to say that it's a decent game, but every time I try to talk about it, I find something else I remember hating about it.

📖 Deltarune (Chapters 1 & 2): Like the original Undertale, these two chapters are great. Wonderful sprite work, infectious music, hilarious dialogue, and a plot that leaves me hungry for more.

🏆 Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure: It's cute, but I honestly struggle to think of who I could recommend this game to. The controls are an absolute mess and the visual presentation is bland, but it has its charms for people who still look fondly back at PlayStation 2 era games. The music is really quite nice, though.

I wish this music would play every time I went shopping in real life. :(

Not very many. I don’t really play games that have a story to them, although it’s something I’d like to get into.

I *almost* completed Pokémon Violet. I have yet to beat the Elite Four due to fear of not being good enough, even though I have very high level Pokémon. I also haven’t beaten the titan that gives you flying powers. I don’t care too much for the story.

I actually pick up a lot of eshop games, so most people probably won’t recognize what I’m about to list…

Pinstripe-Highly recommended.
Little Misfortune-Pretty hilarious/morbid
Sunset Riders-old arcade game
Joe & Mac-old arcade game
Shredder’s Revenge-great game
TMNT: Cowabunga Collection-all games within
The Takeover-great game I played while preparing for…
Streets of Rage 4-great game, did justice to the originals
Sir Lovelot-enjoyably basic platformer
Super Luckys Tale-fox platformer, I had to
Mail Mole-really unique platformer
Rest In Pieces-this was definitely a unique game, never played one even remotely similar
Lego Marvel Superheroes-never 100%d it, so went back to finish it off
Lego DC Villains-imo the best Lego game to date.
Super Mario 3D World+ Bowsers Fury-again went back to 100% both of them.
Splatoon 3- 100%ing the campaign is becoming more frustrating than enjoyable, so this might be my last Splatoon.
Post automatically merged:

🏆 Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS4)
I started this while hungover and sucked so badly at it that I was motivated to finish it. I'm far too old for a kids game to best me. It took me way too long to complete this game. Despite platinuming it I still suck at it.
There’s no shame in this Chris. I frequently see this title pop up in ‘most difficult games’ lists. Kudos for getting through it. 🐌

Last edited:
I've been tracking every game I beat since 2020. It keeps me motivated to actually finish the games I start and gives me insight into what I end up preferring to stick with. These will be in order of when I finished them:

Off Peak (PC): This was a short, surreal free indie game that was entertaining from start to finish. I bought the sequel and quickly refunded it because it was not great.

Awkward Dimensions (PC): The worst game I actually finished this year. It's just a series of the developer's dreams with nothing tying them together. Once I finished the game I felt very unsatisfied.

Hypnagogia Boundless Dreams (PC): This is what Awkward Dimensions should have been. Each dream is carefully organized so that the further you go into the game the creepier it gets. Replaying dreams was actually worthwhile because it meant finding secret dreams that rewarded exploration. Tying it together is a PS1 inspired artstyle that manages to convey a lot despite the limitations.

Dream Ending (PC): This is a low priced visual novel by a Chinese studio that had an unusually high amount of positive reviews. I could see why. The art is lovely, the voice acting sounds natural, and the translation is mostly quite solid. The ending caught me off guard, but in hindsight I think it captures the nature of a young romance better than many stories in the genre.

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4): This remake is visually stunning, has an excellent story, and offers tons of content. Sadly, the developers did little to address the game's core problem and introduced a new one. Most of the boss fights in this game are awful. Many of them are just hordes of enemies that attack constantly. One fight has a guy who just dodges constantly and the second to last fight made me viscerally upset by the attacks that leave you stunned for way too long. The only fight I enjoyed was the last one and that was mostly for narrative reasons. I honestly don't feel guilty for overusing healing items. Without them I would've had to endure those fights even longer. The new problem is the Majima Everywhere system. Locking parts of the skill tree behind fighting the same character dozens of times is not what I would call fun. I only fought him a handful of times just to unlock a few things and that's it.

Sanctuarium DS (PC): A short nostalgic callback to the Nintendo DS that manages to be genuinely unnerving. There wasn't a single jump-scare and I still managed to feel nothing but dread throughout the entire thing. The truth of the plot was surprisingly sad too.

Atelier Ryza (PS4): Dated graphics and overly long intro aside, this was a good time. For an Atelier game the story was decent and the crafting system was very satisfying. I love how gaining exploration items led to new sections of areas to open up. I still prefer the sequel though.

Sephonie (PC): My second favorite game from my all time favorite indie game team. The story is creative and full of cultural commentary and platforming is mostly enjoyable. The only thing holding this game back is how rough the physics are. There were many times where I died just because I couldn't get the wall climbing to work. I still think this game is well worth playing though. It's definitely their most ambitious game.

Anodyne 2 (PS4): I replayed this game and 100% completed it a second time. It's in my top 10 favorite games ever. The surreal world, the mix of light 3D platforming and top down Zelda gameplay, and philosophical story really tie everything together. It's truly a hidden gem.

Necrobarista Final Pour (Switch): I've heard people avoid this game because they think it's too hipster, but I think that's what makes the game work. It takes inspiration from the Zero Escape series of visual novels while doing its own thing. The world building is extremely interesting and the characters are very likable. The way the game's written also feels deeply Australian, which makes sense given where it was developed. For a game made by a team of college students, I think they did a great job.

Coffee Talk Chapter 1 (Switch): The game is clearly based on Va-ll Hall-A and like many have said, it doesn't hit the same highs. Regardless, I think it's a good game. The conversations the characters have are very naturally written and feel authentic to Pacific Northwest culture. That, mixed with the calming music leads to a truly serene atmosphere that persists throughout the entire game. The writer of this game died sadly, so I hope the person filling in his place can do his story justice in the upcoming chapter 2.

Code:Realize (Switch): One of my online friends suggested this game and what a great introduction to the otome subgenre it was. Every major character is well developed and nuanced. Unlike many romance visual novels, every route leads to a relationship with actual chemistry. There's no one single romance in the game that doesn't feel right. While a little on the short side, the soundtrack is excellent. Each background, CG, and character pose is beautifully drawn. It's a sight to behold. The whole game was so good in fact that I worry my standards for visual novel of this sort will be too high. I eagerly await seeing the rest of the first fan disc this year.

AI: The Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative (PS4): As far as modern Kotaro Uchikoshi games go, this one is quite solid. As usual, I was enthralled and on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I also appreciate that most of the puzzles in this game were less obtuse than the previous game. I hope the third entry in this trilogy goes off just as strong.

Tales of Arise (PS4): I'm conflicted on this one. The gameplay and graphics are among the best I've ever seen in an anime JRPG. There were times I had to stop just to admire the scenery. My problems are the soundtrack and story. The climax and big reveal felt underwhelming and none of the antagonists were particularly interesting. They felt rather flat. The same can be said for the protagonists. I kept hoping for a seventh or eighth party member because I wasn't engaged by any of them. They just have so little chemistry with each other, to the point where the inevitable romances felt forced. Outside of one song, the soundtrack was completely forgettable, although that's an issue I have with every Tales of game. If you want to play this game avoid the PS4 version. The pop-in was so bad that I had to stare at only the player character to not get distracted.

Pokémon Colosseum (GameCube): The atmosphere was the game's strongest aspect. I really felt like I was in a fictional version of Arizona. Having the entire game be double battles was a refreshing choice too. My issue is how slow the game was. Healing up the team or saving was a nightmare since you could only do it in a handful of places. The level curve was quite steep too, which led to me having to grind for hours on end. Both of these issues led to a ton of backtracking. The ending also felt rather underwhelming.

Tales of Berseria (PS4): The best Tales of game I've played. The story kept me engaged from start to finish, the battle system was snappy and rewarding, and the world was fun to explore.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (Switch): The story and world building are some of the best I've seen in the medium. I had issues with the combat though. Selecting artes requires constant mashing of the d-pad and tougher fights are constantly interrupted by cutscenes that show what the enemy will do next. I just changed the difficulty to casual and went from there.

Pokemon Violet (Switch): Poor graphics, performance, and inability to enter NPC homes aside, this game was a great time. Exploring the open world felt rewarding. The climax is also my favorite of any game in the series. Music-wise I'm conflicted. The wild battle themes and overworld music with a few exceptions were quite forgettable. The best music in the game was put during the final few hours. I love the final battle theme, the Team Star leader theme, among others. Overall it was a great game that was ultimately released too soon.

I completed:
Pokemon Violet & Legends of Arceus.
I'm on Observation Duty (does that even count lol)

Sadly most of the other games I've dedicated my time to the last few years have been FFXIV/WoW/Phasmophobia, etc. So I haven't actually 'completed' any of those since there is no real completion lol

Wirewalk and Haven Park are the only ones I have 100% finished this year (Haven Park added some content so that's why I went back to it. I really loved wirewalk. Other games I played this year are ones that are long, so it will be a long time before I finish them and I take breaks on them like Stardew for example or Craftopia. Plus games like that, I don't really aim for the achievements.

Tres Bashers, I am almost done with the story. I am ready for the final boss. That game is alot of fun. It also has hard achievements (like not dying at all) so I'm not sure I'll 100% that game, but I will be replaying it cuz I enjoy the game so much. Maybe one day I'll luck out on the achievements.

Looking back I haven't really played much in 2022. I played a couple of roms I'm still working on, I played pokeone which is an online mmo, bloons TD6, and a ton of demos. I think I mostly fussed with ACNH... And that makes me want to ditch the game now lol. Yikes. :/

I do have a back log of half finished games from long ago I hope to knock out this year. I got burnt out on them. Celeste (literally half way done and got all strawberries up to that point and a great game, just needed a break), spiritfarer (the game is tedious with cooking and the characters feel less fleshed out after a certain point in the game), Garden Story(a game that's cute, but not what I expected), and Bugfables(a good game, but my first papermario style gamed I've tried out). Garden Story and Celeste I think are the only ones I'm aiming to 100%. Maybe spiritfarer.

I do have a couple of untouched games to get into at some point. Perhaps this year. Wuppo, I got on a steep sale and it had great reviews. Grimm's Hollow was someone's project I want to play through and it was free, and dungeon crawler is a short game that was free. I also have a list of GBA and gbc games I want to play through. I doubt I'd get through them this year, but I hope to knock a few out at least. However these other games take priority.

i completed 11 games in 2022

baldur's gate: 9/10, such a good game. not the perfect game that baldur's gate 2 is, but still good!

baldur's gate: siege of dragonspear:
6/10. it's hard to rate since it's basically a bridge between the first and the second game. i don't get why people were so upset about it. the writing wasn't the best of the series, but it's not like baldur's gate 1 is a pillar of good writing

elden ring:
9/10. a few of the bosses were aaaaawful, but otherwise it's an extremely good game!

peglin:
4/10. it's probably better now, considering it's in early access

******* bonds:
10/10, i love this game. i've played it once before, but this was the first time i fully completed it

what remains of edith finch:
5/10. i mostly remember the fish sequence from it, lmao

heavy rain:
7/10. i've only played this and indigo prophecy of the david cage games, but nobody really does what he does. they're both very engaging games with some unfortunate design decisions

grounded:
7/10. i played it co-op, which always makes it harder to judge a game on its own merits instead of how much fun i had with my buddy. but it was good! the difficulty could use some tweaking. we nearly quit the game while on hard mode, and normal was a bit too easy

late shift:
2/10. i forgot i beat this. it was filmed well, but otherwise forgettable

the complex:
5/10. another fmv game. it was ok!

immortality:
9/10. the final fmv game of 2022. i'm still absolutely entranced by this game. i might bump it up to 10/10 somewhere down the line

I beat quite a few games!
Pokemon Scarlet: I got both generation 9 games for Christmas, and started Scarlet first. Despite the overworld not feeling as immersive as Lets Go's, I still had fun! The elite 4 weren't much trouble (except for Hassel, he lived up to his name), and the Professor battle was fun as well.
Puyo Pop Fever: This one is interesting, because I beat it on 2 emulators, a GBA one and a DS one. The GBA one was my preferred one, though.
Kirby and the Forgotten Land: I got this game early on in 2022, and it was very fun! It was also one of the few games I went out of my way to 100%, which also happened in 2022. The hardest part was the Stairs Mouth Treasure Road. I eventually beat it, but wow, was it hard.
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile: I got the Phantasy Reverie Series as soon as the summer began, and pretty much beat K1 in one day. The precision platforming in the Moon Kingdom was hard, but I got it done. This was another game I 100% completed, and beat the Extra Vision pretty quickly despite dying a ton.
Sonic Advance 1: My favorite Sonic game (aside from Mania), and a really fun one as well. My first completion was a challenge run as Amy. Amy is considered the hard mode of the game due to her lack of a Spin Jump/Dash, but I actually prefer her because of this. I'm not getting the Emeralds because I HATE the Special Stages.
Sonic Mania: I beat this one multiple times, and even beat Egg Reverie Zone TWICE. Once with Sonic, and once with Knuckles (the number of times with Knuckles has increased since).
Pokemon Lets Go, Eevee!: My first Switch game, and one I've reset countless times. It'll always be special to me because my current save started extremely lucky: I walked onto route 1 in Assist Mode (thank you, joy-cons), and the FIRST SPAWN was a shiny Rattata. I was playing in 2P mode by myself (again, thanks joy-cons), so it was easy to catch.
As a bonus, here's a Pokemon game I cannot beat: SoulSilver.
Here's how a normal save for me goes: boot game up, choose female player character despite being the opposite gender IRL (don't judge) pick starter, beat rival, beat Falkner and Bugsy, suffer against Whitney, beat every other leader up until Pryce, enter Ice Path, get lost, ragequit, reset, and repeat.

Just finished the main story of Hi Fi Rush

It was the most fun I've had playing any game in a while. Great gameplay, great soundtrack, great concept for a game in general. Story was the weakest part...but, it was always secondary to everything else anyway. - Honestly, can't wait to see what they do with the sequel. (I predict it will be similar to the jump between Guitar Hero 1 and 2...where artists all wanted their tracks in the game once they saw what the vision was.) - Also, really want to see an anime adapted for Netflix or something...because, the animation in the cutscenes is gorgeous as well.

Just a great throwback to being a kid for me. - A rhythm game that felt like watching Saturday morning cartoons.

*Edit - just realized this was about 2022. My bad. Lol.

Last edited:
The only game I beat in 2022 was Miitopia (the main story, at least) back in October, which didn't take very long anyways (only about 30 hours). I mostly played games that don't really have an 'ending' (Animal Crossing, Wii Sports, etc.) the whole year, so that could probably explain it.

The games I completed:

100% Cuphead and its DLC-
Hooo boy. That game was quite a feat. I love the game of course but took a ton of breaks as it got frustrating.

Earthbound- I really liked it. It was very interesting. I way overestimate how leveled I should be everytime so I end up defeating bosses too quickly.

📖 Tales of Arise
Story + sides quests and special bosses, because I loved the game, I have even unlocked all the skits, I made 89%.

📖 Horizon Zero Dawn
Story + side quests, despite I have played almost 200h, I loved quite a lot.

📖 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Proud Mode
Main Story only, 3rd playthrough overall but first time in proud and ps4

📖 Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Proud Mode
same with Kingdom hearts 1 above

📖 Ni No Kuni II: The Revenant Kingdom
Main Story+side quests, I have enjoyed this one quite a lot as well.

📖 Octopath Traveler
the main story only, I loved the game.

📖 Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Azure Moon Route (Dimitri's route)
It was my 2nd playthrough, my first playthrough was 2017 on Crimson Flower Route - Edelgard, I like this one a lot.

Last edited:
Few months ago i completed Bears Restaurant and even the side story :D
(I wouldn't really count this as a complete thing because i never played the game but..) I rewatched Sally Face gameplays and saw other YouTubers play it!!!
This is all i remember T_T

please ignore the fact we're closer to 2024 than 2022 as I post this lmao

I completed 25* games in 2022, plus one game's DLC that I, uh, kinda didn't really bother getting to for awhile. In order of when I beat them with a brief comment about each one:

Legend: ⭐ = 100%, ✅ = beat but didn't 100%, 🔁 = repeat (something I've beat before)
  • Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (Switch) ⭐
    • Although it's not my favorite Zelda game and somewhere in the murky middle of the series for me, it's still a solid game! Definitely a good remake.
    • Note: I started it late in 2021 but finished it early January.
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Switch) ⭐
    • My favorite game that I played for the first time in 2022! It really was excellent and vaulted itself into my top 10 favorite games.
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Switch) ✅
    • Pretty fun Pokemon game! Would definitely like to see more Pokemon games like this in the future.
  • Untitled Goose Game (Switch) ⭐
    • honk
  • Night in the Woods (Switch) ✅
    • My second favorite game that I played for the first time in 2022!
  • WarioWare: Get It Together! (Switch) ✅
    • Definitely a solid WarioWare game!
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (Switch) ✅
    • My first time playing any Super Monkey Ball game, definitely didn't realize how rough it could get, lol
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush (Switch) ✅
    • Pretty fun golf game!
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Randomizer ⭐ 🔁
    • First time I was able to randomize it so that I didn't start with either the Ocarina or the Song of Time. It made for a much different challenge, which I really enjoyed!
  • Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Switch via NSO+EP) ⭐ 🔁
    • 3-heart minimal items run. Turned out to be really hard at the end!
  • Banjo-Kazooie (Switch via NSO+EP) ⭐ 🔁
    • Still a fantastic game all these years later.
  • Mario Golf (Switch via NSO+EP) ⭐
    • Original golf! Still holds up pretty well all these years later tbh.
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League (Switch) ✅
    • I ended up loving the gameplay! It more closely resembled the original Mario Strikers, which is honestly one of my favorite sports games ever, so it's been fun to pick up and play even if admittedly the rest of the game is pretty bare bones.
  • Pokemon Snap (Switch via NSO+EP) ⭐
    • It was a solid game! I'm admittedly not as high on it as other people, but still worthwhile experiencing it at long last.
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (PS4) ✅
    • Fantastic game! The world building, characters, and dialogue are all top notch. I do want to replay it and get all the trophies someday.
  • Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4) ✅
    • I'm glad I waited until they released a bunch of updates, since it was definitely a really solid game post-patches even if admittedly my PS4 struggled with it at times, lmao. I might need to replay it in the future with the free PS5 upgrade and expansion tbh
  • Mario's Super Picross (Switch via NSO) ⭐
    • A solid picross game!
  • NieR Replicant (PS4) ✅
    • It was pretty solid, I ended up enjoying it! I only did Ending A, though, and do want to try and do all endings for both it and NieR Automata someday.
  • Astro's Playroom (PS5) ⭐
    • Very much just a tech demo to show off what the PS5 and its controller can do, but still enjoyable!
  • Pilotwings 64 (Switch via NSO+EP) ✅
    • This has always been one of those N64 games I never played but was curious to try out. Definitely an interesting experience all these years later.
  • Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition (PS4) ✅
    • Obviously there's some notoriety surrounding this compilation as a whole, though it felt fine to me post-patches. Glad I got the opportunity to play the trilogy regardless.
  • Pokemon Shield DLC (Switch) ✅
    • Kinda had to rush through it so it was out of the way prior to SV coming out, lol, rip.
  • Pokemon Scarlet (Switch) ✅
    • Although a flawed game, it was honestly one of the most fun times I've had playing a main series Pokemon game in quite awhile!
    • Note: I did complete the regional Pokedex, though I don't consider myself to have 100%ed the game in its entirety.
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (Switch) ⭐
    • I tried it during an NSO trial, enjoyed it, decided to buy it while discounted, and beat it close to the end of 2022. Pretty good!
  • Bastion (Switch) ✅
    • Picked it up for roughly $3 when it was on sale, definitely worthwhile since I did enjoy it.
  • Psychonauts 2 (PS4) ⭐
    • Great game, a worthy sequel to the original Psychonauts and a good game to end the year on.
* - Depending on how you choose to determine how a compilation game is defined as "completed" (is it when all games of the compilation are done? Or, since the compilation is just a shell that contains the games, is it when a contained game itself is done?), this is 27 for each of the 3 games in the GTA Trilogy.

Let me see if I can remember:

Pokemon Legends Arceus
Pokemon Scarlet
Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (I still haven't finished the DLC, though)
The Great Ace Attorney 1

I played many other games, as well. They got put on the backburner. I have a huge backlog now. lol

Back