• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hogwarts Legacy

That quest made me feel like I was playing a survival horror. 😂
Oh great, I look forward to being on edge the entire time. 😂

For anyone who is struggling to get passed certain combat quests you can switch up your difficulty level (and change it back) anytime you want. All you have to do is the following steps:
  • Hit the pause button.
  • Go to gameplay options.
  • The difficulty setting is located near the top of the screen. Select it, and a drop-down menu will appear. Pick one of the choices and continue on your journey.

Just finished the third trial. I was dreading it because I didn't enjoy the second, but this one handles very differently. And it's beautiful.

The contents below will spoil the vastly different art style utilised in the third trial.
Fox2jywXoAIhmIb.jpeg
Fox2l2ZXEAIrNR9.jpeg
Fox2o1KWcAMLQgt.jpeg

I've realised I definitely prefer the combat, side quests, school tasks, and general exploration much more than I do the main story. I tend to put off progressing with the main quest to do other things because they're more enjoyable. 😂

Just finished the third trial. I was dreading it because I didn't enjoy the second, but this one handles very differently. And it's beautiful.

The contents below will spoil the vastly different art style utilised in the third trial.

I've realised I definitely prefer the combat, side quests, school tasks, and general exploration much more than I do the main story. I tend to put off progressing with the main quest to do other things because they're more enjoyable. 😂
Those shots are amazing if not spooky, but I agree on the side quests and exploration side of the game. It’s so immersive that I actually forget to keep up with the main story which explains why I’m so behind.

However after switching to easy mode I was able to grasp the combat a lot easier. Once I’m more adept to it though I’ll be switching back to normal mode as I feel like I’m cheating right now. 😂

I just beat the main story. 💪

I've still 17 side quests, 62 Merlin trials, and 226 collectibles to go still though so I'm not done quite yet! I'm away for a few nights from Tuesday so let's see how much of this I can hammer out before then. 😂

But first, I think I have some staff picks to announce...

I saw a video for the minding your own business side quest? I’m assuming that’s the creepy manaquinn one @Chris posted above earlier ?
It is, yes. Those things are utterly terrifying. @Pierrot, of course, disagrees. He's a big fan of that side quest. It's probably no surprise his favourite character is Peeves. 🙄

I'm quite bummed that we need to wait 5 months for the Switch version. By that time the game will have become a thing of the past already ah ah :LOL:
Nah just kidding (I hope!), but it's still a bummer having to wait while so many reviews say that the game is quite the experience! I wish I had a better computer...

I'm quite bummed that we need to wait 5 months for the Switch version. By that time the game will have become a thing of the past already ah ah :LOL:
Nah just kidding (I hope!), but it's still a bummer having to wait while so many reviews say that the game is quite the experience! I wish I had a better computer...
Every time I play Hogwarts Legacy I struggle to see how it'll run on the Switch when it's released in July. I have a feeling it'll be a vastly different game in comparison, it's why I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought a console instead.

I hope though when you finally get to play it, it's still a great game on the Switch as it's truly a fantastic game overall.

Every time I play Hogwarts Legacy I struggle to see how it'll run on the Switch when it's released in July. I have a feeling it'll be a vastly different game in comparison, it's why I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought a console instead.

I hope though when you finally get to play it, it's still a great game on the Switch as it's truly a fantastic game overall.
Yeah I also have some doubts as to how the game will be like on a Switch, especially on a Switch Lite. I have tried some games by the past which were a real strain on my eyes because they were most definitely tailored for a TV screen, not a Switch Lite screen. I am already looking into purchasing an OLED, because I still want a portable version but with a bigger screen :) and this should allow me to plug it into a TV if I ever feel the need for it. But it is quite a budget ah ah ^^'

My wife wants to play this game after finishing up some AC:NH goals. I probably will play at some point too. We have the option to play on Switch or the Steam Deck.

The major question is how is the performance? Specifically on the Steam Deck if anyone is playing it on there. I'm seen conflicting reports on not only the Deck, but other platforms as well. I suspect there will be updates coming of course, if not already.

Looks like a great game though and looking forward to it!

My wife wants to play this game after finishing up some AC:NH goals. I probably will play at some point too. We have the option to play on Switch or the Steam Deck.

The major question is how is the performance? Specifically on the Steam Deck if anyone is playing it on there. I'm seen conflicting reports on not only the Deck, but other platforms as well. I suspect there will be updates coming of course, if not already.

Looks like a great game though and looking forward to it!
The major issues that are being reported are from PC players at the moment. Other than though that it seems to be running flawlessly on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. It'll be interesting to see what happens when it's released on PS4 and Xbox One in April and then again in July for Switch users.

Last edited:
I got this at the weekend, but because of work I've not been able to play much so I've only got a few spells and been to Hogsmeade once so far. My god is it fun though, I was hopeful seeing videos of it but it's way more fun playing it myself. It's giving me the same feeling I had when I played BOTW for the first time so I can't wait to see how muh better it gets.

I’ve played it for about 8 hours now on an Xbox series X and it looks incredible and it’s very fun. The combat in particular is really good. I’ve been doing a lot of running around and exploring - I didn’t realize there would be such a huge open world surrounding Hogwarts!

Well I finally unlocked flying the other night but flippin' heck it's hard to navigate when you have to use both the left and right joysticks. I'm going to need to practice a lot before I do anymore side quests related to broomstick challenges. 😂

Well I finally unlocked flying the other night but flippin' heck it's hard to navigate when you have to use both the left and right joysticks. I'm going to need to practice a lot before I do anymore side quests related to broomstick challenges. 😂
I’m still getting used to it haha

Yea I’m so excited for when I can finally play this game on the switch. It really is too bad we have to wait for so long. It looks like such a fun game.

I unlocked:
riding the hippogriff it was amazing omg

I feel so behind everyone else I have been very sick so haven't been able to play... I also do a lot of side quests as I am worried once I finish the game I can't play them anymore.

Back