Have you got a tan?

Have you got a tan?

• Yes.

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • No.

Votes: 101 80.8%

• Total voters
Nope, which is odd as I play plenty enough, maybe its the shades and hair clip my mayor wears.

I've been playing for over a year and had never gotten a high level tan. ( and I played a lot- but used hats, etc). I'm trying to get to level 7 now just to see how it is :)

No, because I usually play at night, and I am wearing the coin headpiece (the sort of Cleopatra wig), and I think it prevents me from tanning anyway.
I would like to tan though, so my Cleopatra/Egyptian outfit looks better, and also because I am myself a little tanned IRL (not much at all and my skin is a pot pourri of different shades of color anyways thanks to a skin condition :'D)

I hate the tan. I like myself pale and pasty just like real life!

No, never, the only times I went to the island were at night for beetle hunting and nothing more.

I have a light tan due to being on the island a lot.

One thing I don't like about this game is that if your a person of color and you want your mayor to look like you you have to have your character stand there on the island for a long time.

I have a light tan due to being on the island a lot.

One thing I don't like about this game is that if your a person of color and you want your mayor to look like you you have to have your character stand there on the island for a long time.

I know, right? It feels weird playing some pale-skinned girl and passing her off as me.

When I started playing the game, I didn't know anything about getting tans and my mayor got SO TANNED.

Now I don't play as often enough to get a tan.

Don't want to sidetrack this thread to get into a political discussion, but I think that in a game like this it's not helpful that everyone is white because the target audience is children and that sends a message to them even if it's unintentional.

I wear QR designs that have necklines and patterns that show a little skin, so if I tanned it would look quite weird. Plus, I'm a pasty white girl who wants her mayor to be one, too.

In short, no tan.

I have never gotten a tan.

I don't play the game that long enough to get one. But it's okay since I'm white. X3

I have a slight tan right now. It matches my complexion in real life. C:

Don't want to sidetrack this thread to get into a political discussion, but I think that in a game like this it's not helpful that everyone is white because the target audience is children and that sends a message to them even if it's unintentional.

I agree. But it seems like Nintendo finally realized that (Pokemon X&Y, you can now decide what color your character's skin is, it was about time)

I did once on my mayor, I only got stage one and I wanted to get rid of it. I am glad its gone but now I'm thinking of wanting it again because it matches my skin color. :)

Back