• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Got You Into Collectibles?

That Marshal Fangirl

🌸Springtime Vibes🌸
Bells
Switch
7500-2427-4231
Island
Destiny
Yellow Heart Balloon
Green Heart Balloon
Blue Heart Balloon
Purple Heart Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Spring Bloom Easter Egg
Aurora Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Just a general discussion thread about how collectibles pulled you in and when you decided you were serious about them. For me it started the day I joined when I bought a Tasty Cake! I love making profiles aesthetically pleasing, and collectibles make a big difference in doing that in my opinion. I remember clearly how happy I was when I managed to secure myself a Peach and a couple of the more common house collectibles. And then I got my first Easter Egg collectible and I knew I wanted to own the whole set, which was exciting and challenging all at once.

I'm not sure if I ever really got "serious" about it? My anxiety prevents me from posting in the trading threads. I kinda just go with whatever I can obtain.
However, it was definitely around 2020 when I started participating in some of the events for them, if that counts.

• Hug
Reactions: Doo
My views on spending tbt and spending collectibles was so short sighted; I’ve been a member for so long and just ignored all the event opportunities…
But it all started when another member gifted me an orange. They’re long gone from the site now, but I figured I would just complete the fruit set to be cute, so I started collecting the fruits. And then after a while where my trading threads died down, I missed the feeling of pursuing a collection, and I’ve always loved the houses, so that was my next conquest.

Both art and collectibles started as a response to another member sending me some. Positive gateways, at least. 😁

Just seeing the Kirby Easter Egg collectible in someone's lineup, I think! And @cornimer was so sweet to gift me one 💜

Last edited:
I've been into collectibles from the very day I joined. Although I wasn't aware of them before joining the site, I got into it since I saw the chocolate cake, which was the first collectible I wanted.

When I found out about birthstone collectibles being a thing, that’s when I got into a collectible craze, but lineups aren’t really my thing, I just collect them like baseball cards.

Lately I’ve started trying out collectible lineups in any possible way I can. I do rarely buy any collectible and I have yet to sell any collectible either, I haven’t really found the motivation to do them both, but when I do I’ll be like you collectible lineup freaks! (In a good way.)

I didn't pay attention to collectibles while I was using the board for NL or NH. I participated in the 2022 Fair on a whim because I liked the activities and the collectibles happened to be right up my alley. I had really wanted to earn an Enchanted Bloom, but it didn't come to pass, so I moved my goalpost to any rainbow collectible that captured my heart (feather would be a dream come true). It will probably be a long term wish of mine for a while haha.

I like how they are all unique in their own way and that they can be combined in so many ways too. Collecting what I can get is really fun, plus feels rewarding for me. 🙂

when i started @/tae gave me a few tasty cakes and i was like omg these are so cute. how do i get more things

honestly, I think it was an immediate draw when i joined the site! I remember seeing a bunch of older members with cool lineups and I needed to have them all

When I first started a few kind people did giveaways of things like flowers and mittens which were so cute. Then of course the 2020 fair, I only managed to get one collectable but it was my purple fragment. Love of collecting sealed 💜

When I first layed eyes on a nightmare and dreamy egg lineup I was overwhelmed with a strong desire for them but suppressed it for ages.

I went about the forum for about 2 years without caring for events or collectibles. When I participated in my first fair in 2020 I was a firm believer that everyone who sunk their hard earned currency in some virtual pixel image insead of aiming for the irl prices that got you something REAL you could hold had completely lost their minds.

Oh how the tables have tabled.

I eventuell gave in and had my collectible awakening, and now I’m a proud owner of my two favourite eggs! At the cost of my sanity, yes, but it was all worth it (?)

I don't really remember a specific moment that I got into collectibles. I just remember seeing them in everyone's sidebar when I joined and getting curious. I do know however that my first "dream collectible" was the Yoshi Egg, and it took me over a year to get one because everything was so darn expensive back in 2015/16 😅

Dreamy Egg caught my eye right away, perfectly pastel and sparkly, I had to have it.

I started after the 2022 egg hunt with a bunch of fossil eggs and white flowers. I really got hooked during the fair later that year- there were so many beautifully illustrated ones like the lily of the valley and crystals! From then on I've tried to participate at least a little in each event.

When I joined, I remember seeing LambdaDelta's balloon-over-eggs lineup and Marshal's beautiful egg lineups and that immediately got me into the funny sidebar pixels

I'm pretty sure that the original Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Candies caught my eye and appealed to me. This got me to look past my usual Re-Tail and Villager Trading Plaza areas of interest and start looking into and participating in the events. The Ancient Candle, Pumpkin Cupcake and Voodoo Doll got me hooked for good after that.

Back