• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have any of your smartphones ever stopped working on you?

Did they stop working on you?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Paperboy012305

MK8 Male Villager Main
Bells
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
Rotating Fool's Egg
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Mine did, my very first smartphone that I got in August of 2016 was acting all glitchy, I couldn't touch the touchscreen at all. My mother thought it'd be a good idea to factory reset my phone, but the problem was still there, which made me lose everything I had. (Especially my old Pocket Camp data ๐Ÿ˜ญ)

In the end, the very evening on the same day my mother bought me a new phone. I thought I could backup my Pocket Camp data, but since my old phone got factory resetted, I couldn't get it back, forcing me to start over. Thankfully I knew everything on what to do to reach back to where I left off on my level and such.

And you?

i had two different LG G3 phones back in 2016 and both of them died within months of having them, some sort of weird boot loop issue that was apparently common with that phone

my last phone did, but that's only because i had it from 2016-2022 or so. it had a shattered glass back and a crack on a front corner, but the battery eventually started playing up, and ultimately it wouldn't turn on anymore. i could've upgraded it a lot sooner but i was attached to having a physical home button lol, so i held onto it for as long as i could. (and wish it still worked since my new phone isn't compatible with pocket camp, rip </3) i only had two (three?) phones before that, but they were all still working by the time i upgraded them as far as i recall. i've managed to never break a phone.

Nope, never! I usually upgrade phones before this has a chance to happen.

They can't stop working if you never had one in the first place.

I've had very little use for a smartphone up to now, so I've only ever bothered with inexpensive flip phones when necessary. The incentive to finally get on board the smart phone train increases by the year though, so I might end up with one eventually.

Only when I've dropped and broken them myself! Other than that, I don't think I've had any issues!

I've only had one phone and it still works. I got a phone really late into my life, haha.

I had one with a battery fault ~12 years ago. It was right before my first solo trip abroad so it wasn't ideal. Luckily I got a replacement sorted very quickly.

Other than that they've deteriorated very gradually. My current phone I've had since March 2020 - it's the only Samsung smart phone I've used (I've previously had several iPhones and two Google phones) and it is still going strong! Battery is still fantastic.

Nope! They don't stop working, they just get reallllllllly slow and lag.

None of my cell phones. I currently own my third one and the previous two have been given to family members, and are still in use (albeit terribly outdated). My tablet, however, broke down last November when I booted it up to play Pocket Camp again, I think the system update I let it perform (before I did anything else with it, which was stupid) broke Android; I can't even get into recovery mode or do a reset.

I haven't. My first phone was given to me by my dad's sister and she ended up buying it on Wish. My dad paid for the phone, and she bought the knockoff on Wish and pocketed the rest of the money from what should've been used to purchase the real deal. That particular phone didn't work at all. I didn't count this instance because it never worked in the first place to stop working, if that makes sense. I've been purchasing my own phones ever since. I currently have an iPhone 12. It still works perfectly fine aside from the charging port. That stopped working completely and it probably just needs cleaned, but I've been using MagSafe chargers. They serve the same purpose, so I don't see a reason to get the port cleaned when I'll likely have to get a new phone sometime next year anyhow. My iPhone 12 is almost three years old.

Back