• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Forest of the Lustrous - Ended!!!

Colour 3.jpg

I can’t believe I managed in time 🥹 wish I had had more time, but it is what it is.
Inspired by the butterfly spirit collectibles and the opalescent crystal (my fave)

WWGHnJT.jpg

Edit: Laudine allowed me to fix the stray line :')

Post automatically merged:

The A G O N Y

DEE336DB-BD87-490F-9847-469D044F0E1F.jpeg

Last edited:
lmao I didn't have enough time to color and do everything I wanted to do so I got creative and solo outlined the goddess Serena and her magical fairy guardian 😌
I figured it's a pretty interesting/unique take on coloring! I hope it's okay lol rip
week3-laudine-done.png

jM0g6fc.jpg

Me: I don't have time to print out this weeks line art.

Also Me, For Some Reason: I do have time to color it digitally despite never having done digital art before (unless you count using Paint when I was a toddler), despite not even knowing how to do really traditional art, and despite not even having a tablet.

I didn't manage to shade every in time (how do I color shiny stuff like the crystals and the jewelry so that the texture looks good???), but I had so much fun! I've always been interested in trying digital art but kind of waffled since I didn't want to buy a tablet just to not use it, but I really liked doing this. It's less stressful than traditional art because I'm not afraid of wasting materials/screwing things up beyond repair.

I learned a lot along the way (I only figured out the opacity slider and its uses, like, 3/4th of the way into everything; here I was just crying over the color selector), and I only hecked up my layers, like, twice! Is my mouse broken now? Probably! Once I get a tablet, I'll be so powerful; you have no idea.

Back