• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Explain Why You Chose Your Username!

To keep it simple and without going into detail of who I used to go by (for personal reasons that I cannot say given my history on this site) I will just go with my current username and why I choose it. The name "Vanitas" is a character from Kingdom Hearts who is like the evil version of "Sora". I always liked Vanitas as a character and he is so edgy all the time. His dark vibe is something I can relate to so that makes me a "Fan" of him. As for the number "26" its just a lucky number to me for reasons I cannot explain.

My username is basically my online alias at this point since the Club Penguin days back at 2009. It's one of those names in which you can come up without relying too much on numbers, the words 'epic' 'awesome' and 'cool' or the typical X's used in 2009 usernames at that time.

It's basically a portmanteau of my nickname and a character from an anime/manga (Mirumo de Pon) in which one of the characters had her name shortened to "Rima". It's a pretty weird origin story for my username/alias. I know.

I had two different users before my current one. I've had the username "Cheremtasy" since 2015 on other platforms, but TBT was definitely one of the later platforms to switch to Cheremtasy, since I only changed it to that in March 2020. As for the backstory behind the name, it's just a mix between the words "cherish" "REM" (sleep), and "fantasy". My 15 y/o self was just trying to choose dreamy-like words because my friends and followers back then usualy said something along the lines of how dreamy and magical my art looked. 😂 Never felt the need to change it after all these years since that's still the overall look I usually go for in my personal art, and my online name is Chere and I can't imagine going by another name.

I used to like keeping TBT and my other social platforms separate, but I eventually had a change of heart and figured it didn't matter lol. It was also just more convenient when it came to any art related entries on TBT, because they usually require your username and it was weird in the past to either make a separate version with my TBT username, or have a piece that only had a "Cheremtasy" watermark on it because that wasn't my name on the forums. 😅

My name is in reference to my current hyper-obsession, the Pokemon Buizel. Unfortunately, the username "Buizel" had already been taken, but the short version was still available so I grabbed that one instead. Plus, "Bui" is the sound Buizel makes in the show so even the short version of the name still has a direct connection to Buizel rather than just being a variation of the name.

my username is one of the variants i use online! my online name is kirako, something i came up with when i was in elementary school haha and i've just grown really attached to it 💜

i typically try to see if just "kirako" is available and if it's not then i'll use "himekirako" or "kirakochan"

I named my username 'CrossingVibes' from the first part, being Crossing, like 'Animal Crossing' and 'Vibes' for one of my traits, just vibing and enjoying life as it is! 😄

I started my New Leaf town at the height of my Merlin fangirling and ended naming things based on that show, and it carried over into the forum and eventually to my island in New Horizons. My username (and the name for my mayor in NL and island rep in NH) is based on the character Freya formerly of the Druids who becomes the lady of the lake that returns Excalibur to Merlin (Lady Lake being my second NH character), my town in NL is Camelot and my island in NH is Albion bc I take theming with fandom way too seriously 🤣. (Although my profile pic and design for my 2nd NH character are based on the Lady of the Lake in The Witcher 3, cause I had to keep up with my fandom focal shifts)

For my new username I wanted to pick out something simple because I don't want my username to be themed since I have too many interests so a username that can be someone's name is perfect. I really like exotic names and also outer space so I went for a name of a planet, Mars isn't my favorite planet, Saturn is but Mars just has a better ring to it, unfortunately Mars is already taken by an inactive member so I must be known as -Mars- instead.

xara is the name that i go by both online and irl! it’s not my birth name, but it will be my legal name in the foreseeable future. i discovered it on a website when i was around 8-9 years old, and it immediately clicked for me. a puzzle piece falling into place sort of thing. i called myself xara in private for years because i never, ever thought that it would ever get to be my name. i was so certain that i’d be stuck with a name that didn’t feel like me and that i hated forever, and i never thought to at least go by xara online because it just felt so personal to me. it was ingrained in me to hide it, i guess lol

i finally worked up the courage to ask my family and friends to start calling me xara in 2019, and i have officially been xara ever since 🤍 i’ve thought about coming up with an online alias for myself or changing my name on here, but honestly no name has ever felt like me more than xara has, and i don’t see there ever being a name or username that i’d want more :’)

it was the name of my animal crossing villager (before i restarted like. three times).
on roblox, i earned a bear head accessory back when tix was still a thing, and when the whole “display name” thing came out years later i changed my name on there to weirdbear. i had all my usernames as weirdbear because i really liked roblox then, and i decided to name my villager that after creating a new town, but… there’s one too many characters in weirdbear. so i had to go with oddbear instead. :/
i don’t really use weirdbear/oddbear anymore but i’ve been listening to a band called bears in trees a lot recently so seeing oddbear kind of makes me smile. :]

Okay, so... This is gonna be a bit of a doozy, but also I feel like a pretty empowering story for me.

I used to go by the name of a character I'd created, one of my earliest. I wrote under that name until I was a teenager before I switched to what was my alias for a long time. ((I didn't want the connotation of all the fanfiction I'd written tying into my poetry and short stories)) This alias was really close to me since it was literally the first character I'd created. Ever. I made variations of her across so many universes. I saw myself in her and she was a part of me.

Then I met The Fire ((my ex-husband, don't ask))) . We met through a text based RP I'd started on a roleplaying website. It just so happened that I was running this roleplay in an attempt to get my brain working on a book I wanted to write. The main character was, you guessed it, a variation of my alias. Our characters fell in love as we did too. Our characters became so entwined across more universes. Then he left me. And I couldn't bear to use the name anymore. I actually wrote a bit of a eulogy for her as I abandoned the name.

I knew I needed something new to start fresh. I experimented for a little while and couldn't settle on something concrete. Until something from an abandoned project of mine struck a chord. I was writing about this Big Brother type dystopia, running from the law and all that jazz. It had been an idea that I'd broken down into format for a group RP. My main character was this renegade hacker. Her name was Amaranth, but her online persona was Azazel and her signature was azazellea.

And the rest was history. Now I'm a breakdown or combination of Azazellea, Azazel, and Azzy. =33
Everywhere.
Although sometimes I have a random username that has things to do with 'trickster' like my tiktok.

ANYWAYS

TL;DR
I abandoned two other names for different reasons and now Azazellea, Azazel, and Azzy are all synonymous for all things me =33

It's a portmanteau of wren and rainbow. It actually has several layers of meaning, some of which might be obvious if you know a little bit about me, but I think it's more fun (and less cringe) to leave it up to interpretation. It's coincidental but I also like that it looks kinda symmetrical. I made this to be my artist name originally but I got attached, so now it's just my online alias for most things.

just read my first red envelope and you will understand

anyways seliph is one of my favourite fire emblem characters. i originally wanted to change my username to "soren" for the same reason but it was taken, and now i've become attached (plus blue is more my aesthetic) so i don't think i'd change if it did become available

When I decided to change my username I decided I wanted to have a username that was only one word. When I was searching for a word I wanted I found Lumi and saw that it means snow in Finnish. Winter is my favourite season so I thought it was fitting. 🥰

When I decided to change my username I decided I wanted to have a username that was only one word. When I was searching for a word I wanted I found Lumi and saw that it means snow in Finnish. Winter is my favourite season so I thought it was fitting. 🥰

It's also very close to Luma, which is a character from Super Mario Galaxy! 🥳

she's my wife

also my favorite character in fiction, ever. I've related to and looked up to her since I was a teen, so she's very special to me. i've never gotten to run around a forum with one of my fav's names because they're usually always taken, so when I saw the chance, I seized the opportunity. 💕

Since I've changed my username I guess I should really post here again!
It's shortened from the name of my main self-insert OC, Merielle, with some added ~aesthetic~ symbols since "Meri" by itself is taken. I'd been going by her name online for a while, which was fine when almost all I did was lurk. Nor did I ever dream I'd be talking about her publicly anyway—so when I became more comfortable talking about her online, I also started to want that extra layer of separation between me and her again. I already had Meri as a nickname on here and I didn't want a hugely drastic change or anything either, so I decided to go with it for my rebrand. c:

I loved marmalade at the time; however, since that name was rarely available when signing up for things, I added an 'i.' It sounds almost the same...ish.

I always go by mar, though. (y)

Back