• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Explain Why You Chose Your Username!

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Lots of people come up with unique and interesting usernames with personal backstories. Why did you pick the one you have on TBT, and what's the meaning behind it (if any)? :0

Mine is pretty simple, it's an alternate version of my usual username I use online. The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing are my 2 favorite video game franchises, and 64 is my favorite number!

Last edited:
In my early teens i had a tumblr phase and it was apparently cool to have a username that was close to a canon name or something. skarmory was taken so i went with skarmoury because y’know, armor can also be spelled as armour. Idk it stuck to me ever since LOL. I found myself resonating with it more than I should have so I’ve used it ever since. I think it’s been more than a decade since I first had this alias :0

(i still have the skarmoury url HEHE tho i forgot my password so rip tumblr)

i have superhero/mage aus for my ocs, and my main character's alias is daring red because she's almost never seen without her hooded red cloak. the underscore is largely because the name alone (especially without the space) is usually taken, and now i just use the underscore anyway. (except for on tumblr where one of the letters is replaced with an x instead.) it's my username literally everywhere now lmao.

In my early teens i had a tumblr phase and it was apparently cool to have a username that was close to a canon name or something. skarmory was taken so i went with skarmoury because y’know, armor can also be spelled as armour. Idk it stuck to me ever since LOL. I found myself resonating with it more than I should have so I’ve used it ever since. I think it’s been more than a decade since I first had this alias :0

(i still have the skarmoury url HEHE tho i forgot my password so rip tumblr)
Oh LOL I thought your username might have been "skarmoury" because it's one letter away from "Skarmory" which is the name of a Pokemon and I thought that might have been your favorite Pokemon.

I've been using some variant of LadyDestani or Destani on the internet or in games for 20+ years now. Since the correct spelling of Destiny is usually taken, I came up with an alternate spelling that I liked and I've stuck with that.

I originally chose the name when I was heavily into anything mystical like tarot cards, crystals, and such. I still like those things but they aren't quite as prominent among my hobbies nowadays. However, the name has become so much a part of me that I respond to it more readily than my real life name.

I googled 3 letter words and tried a bunch until I found a username that wasn't taken. I just wanted my username to be short as possible.

My username is the last name of a Nintendo-themed OC of mine, and which I used as a username for Twitch. I was invited here after a New Leaf stream when the game was first released in Japan, and wanted some name for the patrons from that stream to recognize me. Soooo, here I am! ^_^

Because I am Keroppi! But also its my Switch name :)

Oh LOL I thought your username might have been "skarmoury" because it's one letter away from "Skarmory" which is the name of a Pokemon and I thought that might have been your favorite Pokemon.
yeah, idk how to explain it, but back in my old tumblr days you’d get more followers the closer your url was to a canon name. it looked lame if i just doubled a letter (like ‘skarmoryy’) so i ended up spelling it a little different, but not something too obviously different hehe.
Skarmory actually isn’t my favorite Pokemon (it’s Glaceon!) but skarmory quickly became one of my favorites simply because of how attached i became to the name. :]

when I created this account back in October of 2011 I was on my first real Super Mario 64 kick, I played it nonstop for like 3 months lol. it was around that time that it became my all-time favorite game. so ofc when making my account I named it after what my hyperfixation was at the time :3

I think the x___x thing is like a cringe relic of the late 2000s and early 2010s, I can't be bothered changing my username though because in the 10 years I've been here I've never changed it. but I'm highkey proud of kid me for making my username, I still like it a lot because now everyone knows me for being the forum's SM64 junkie :p

I’ve had 16 username changes on this site, but Midoriya is definitely the one I’m sticking with the longest. I wasn’t interested in anime growing up, but once I got into college I found myself needing to fill my time more, and, well, anime was it. I started with Cowboy Bebop, and My Hero Academia was next, which was already at the third season at that point. I binge watched it soooooo fast. I relate to the MC, Izuku Midoriya, way more than other people do. The way he cries when All Might acknowledges him as his successor, the way he cries when accepted into U.A., the way he’s always hard on himself, trying to do better, and always trying to be friendly and help everyone out. The only anime character I relate to more is Shinichi Izumi from Parasyte the maxim, but I’ll save that explanation for another time.

TL;DR he’s a really cool character despite what people may say about him. Just watch this clip:

I chose mine because "Echo" is the name of my first OC and "Nyx" is my main online alias, that I picked because I've always liked greek mythology and thought Nyx sounded cool lol.

Back