• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Explain Why You Chose Your Username!

I have no idea why I chose this username… I hate it ….. I wish I could change it to something that makes me happy but it’s a lot of TBT it will take forever to get there 🥺

I like horror and Halloween and I'm really bad at coming up with names. At least it conveys me pretty well at a glance though, so there's something to be said for that I guess. If I ever manage to rebuild my TBT funds again, have enough to spare and come up with something better, I'll probably change it to something else.

Emolga is one of my favourite pokemon!!

I never rly had a reason as to why I chose 59 but it does have a nice ring to it tbf

My old username was something I came up with in 2008 and I wanted to change it back in 2020, so I did.
My current username comes from a character I made in a daydream but then abandoned. As of last year I have actually given the name to a different character.
I think I should explain this better.
The old username mentioned here was my favorite Pokemon and a random number.
For the current one I used "sea" because I was trying to make up a Splatoon name and "star" because I love stars.
...And then later I realized it's what starfish are called. Funny accident.

One of my old nicknames from Secondary School; because they couldn't remember my name. But honestly Giddy clicks so well with me personally.
Been using it either since~ Not just here, most places I got online I call myself Giddy. 🧡

this is my user i use everywhere!! when i was first making my account for minecraft i just typed in some random letters until i made something that sounded decent, and now it's what i use everywhere

This is going to be a long one, so I put my whole story in spoilers just in case.
My very first account on the internet was on Scratch. I made it in 2016 and my username there was cutebross260. I know I should be explaining my Bell Tree username but just you wait, this part is there for a reason. Anyway, I came up with cutebross260 because:
  1. I'm female and I wanted to put in a word usually associated with girls
  2. I was fascinated by a then-locally-popular user named Felipebross
So I went under cutebross260 for four years (even when I deleted my first account out of rage and came back as cutebross260IsBack). When the big event in 2020 occured I became pretty active on Scratch again. One day some of the online friends I met there began going under new aliases while still using their account with their old alias (you can't change your username in Scratch). I thought it was cool and I wanted to give it a shot. I was also getting a bit tired of cutebross260 because I lost interest in Felipebross, so this was the perfect time to give myself a fresh, new identity. After some internal brainstorming, BobRocks20 was born.

Sometimes people look at my username and assume I'm male when I'm really female and once I had one person acknowledge the fact that the "BobRocks" part rhymes with the painter Bob Ross, which is a funny coincidence on my part. Despite all this, BobRocks20 will continue to be associated with my online identity for years to come.
TL;DR: Before I made an account on TBT, my internet alias used to be cutebross260, but then I changed it to BobRocks20 because I found cutebross260 to be a bit outdated for me. Since then, I've used BobRocks20 on other websites.

I changed my username initially to celebrate the release of Pokémon Sun/Moon, but also included the word “apple” since I am about apples. I haven’t changed it since then since I don’t like changing my username.

I use TN4U on other gaming forums, but use a more personal name on non-gaming ones. TBT's no exception.

Considering how I've essentially set roots here, I may change it to something more unique someday. I refer to myself more as "Trevor" than my own username, so maybe that'll play a factor if I decide to go for a name change.

Back