• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Drinking (Alcohol)

????

• All the time

Votes: 18 9.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 80 43.0%
  • Not any more

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Never have but I will when I can

Votes: 19 10.2%
  • Never have, never will, its disgusting.

Votes: 58 31.2%

• Total voters
I drink pretty often, at least every weekend. Never enough to get drunk and definitely never enough to get sick or hung over.

Actually, I have a bit of a confession:
I get a lot more active around here when I'm tipsy. If you want to play a game of guess whether Soda Fox is drinking and ask me, I will answer you honestly and probably ramble really in depth with you about whatever you want.

Last edited:
uh, I would be what you call a frequent user. School and work is hard and nothing takes the edge off better to me than an ice cold beer. It can definitely be a social thing, and I love that atmosphere of it. Do I pressure those around me who don't drink to do it, absolutely not, its a personal choice and you should honor whatever someone wants to do. This post is making me want to open a beer.....

- - - Post Merge - - -

uh, I would be what you call a frequent user. School and work is hard and nothing takes the edge off better to me than an ice cold beer. It can definitely be a social thing, and I love that atmosphere of it. Do I pressure those around me who don't drink to do it, absolutely not, its a personal choice and you should honor whatever someone wants to do. This post is making me want to open a beer.....

people are gonna think I'm an alcoholic or something.... but no. I took a class on wine, and becoming more open to trying different beers, worked as a bartender and enjoyed making/ experimenting with cocktails.

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

people are gonna think I'm an alcoholic or something.... but no. I took a class on wine, and becoming more open to trying different beers, worked as a bartender and enjoyed making/ experimenting with cocktails.

also... come party with me, but only if you are of legal age to drink lol

Last edited:
i love alcohol. i hate hangovers though so i don't drink as much as i'd like (i work weekends) but whenever i get the chance i'm ok drowning myself in prosecco

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it's any consolation I don't think you're an alcoholic. Imo an alcoholic can't stop even when it costs then their job, ability at school, their families, etc. It's all about knowing your limits.

If it's any consolation I don't think you're an alcoholic. Imo an alcoholic can't stop even when it costs then their job, ability at school, their families, etc. It's all about knowing your limits.

yeah I may drink too much some nights and suffer for it the next day, but I plan these nights ahead of time and don't look for sympathy for it lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

i love alcohol. i hate hangovers though so i don't drink as much as i'd like (i work weekends) but whenever i get the chance i'm ok drowning myself in prosecco

prosecco is bomb

- - - Post Merge - - -

IMG_0371.jpg
It's 7:20 on a wednesday

^New Belgium? They're the Budweiser of craft beer. :p

I drink, sometimes too often. Much better than when I was actively backpacking, I had a serious problem then. Knowing my limits means I very rarely get absolutely ****faced though so I'm overall pretty functional. Every Wednesday I attend a board/card gaming meetup that rotates to different breweries so I'm guaranteed to be drinking that night.

My roommate & I also have a full bar setup but I only really ever use it when I have friends over or I'm pre-gaming for an event.

Last edited:
^New Belgium? They're the Budweiser of craft beer. :p

I drink, sometimes too often. Much better than when I was actively backpacking, I had a serious problem then. Knowing my limits means I very rarely get absolutely ****faced though so I'm overall pretty functional. Every Wednesday I attend a board/card gaming meetup that rotates to different breweries so I'm guaranteed to be drinking that night.

My roommate & I also have a full bar setup but I only really ever use it when I have friends over or I'm pre-gaming for an event.

Don't be one of those people who judges based on taste in beer! I do like all the light domestics, and I said I was getting into beer still

I like drinking beer in the summer but, not more than a bottle. I wouldn't drink more than one and can't anyways.
I also think drinking is ok.

Last edited:
Drinking is alright, as long as it's in moderation. For me it is definitely more of a social thing so I'll never drink alone, it's always with family or friends, and very rarely. Last time I went a little overboard, but good times were had so I can't complain.

I tried beer not too long ago. Couldn't stand it lol.

Only sometimes. Even though I'm legally allowed to drink I still feel a bit weird about it even though I'm almost 20.

I like drinking every now and again. I only drink juice with vodka in it.

Sometimes, like 5 times a year at dinners, Christmas... I would drink more if I had money for that. When I was little I was stealing drinks adults let on the tables at parties, so the first time I got drunk I was 18 months old, since I learned to hold my liquor.

Last edited:
Never have, never will.

95% of the people in my family used to be, or are alcoholics. It is very bad, and I don't want anything to do with it. I see how it makes people and I want no part in it.

I understand the appeal of social drinking and partook on very rare occasions during college, but losing the ability to think and behave rationally freaks me out. I'm too much of a control freak and it's just really not my thing.

I'm not sure there's a poll option for me. A few months after I turned 21 I tried a little bit. Even saying "a little" might be exaggerating. I had sips of beer and it was awful. It...tasted like I'd imagine what urine would taste like. Why would I drink that? Yuck! I had a sip of a fruity drink, and it made me gag, and overall didn't taste special... If I want something fruity I'll just drink juice.

I quickly decided it simply wasn't a taste worth acquiring. So I fit into the "Never will, it's disgusting" category, but I did try a little in the beginning. A little.

I'm not sure there's a poll option for me. A few months after I turned 21 I tried a little bit. Even saying "a little" might be exaggerating. I had sips of beer and it was awful. It...tasted like I'd imagine what urine would taste like. Why would I drink that? Yuck! I had a sip of a fruity drink, and it made me gag, and overall didn't taste special... If I want something fruity I'll just drink juice.

I quickly decided it simply wasn't a taste worth acquiring. So I fit into the "Never will, it's disgusting" category, but I did try a little in the beginning. A little.

Lot of commoner beers taste like cat pee and stuff like coolers are rather disgusting. I think you should start with high quality champagne ;)

I'm still underage, but I don't plan to drink alcohol at all once I am. Accidentally tasted it once 'cause parents made smoothies and I got confused over which one was alcohol-free and which one wasn't, and it tasted really gross to me that I spit it out immediately. Never again. lol

Lot of commoner beers taste like cat pee and stuff like coolers are rather disgusting. I think you should start with high quality champagne ;)

No thanks. As I noted in the end, it isn't a taste worth acquiring for me. It's for the best, and I'm happy that way.

Back