• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Official Alcohol Thread Pt. 2

What's your drink of choice?

• Total voters
Gin for me! Do enjoy a fruity cider and will drink other things but there are some things that I just can’t drink as I’ve had bad experiences🤣

I'm not overly fond of alcohol but I do love vodka and orange also known as a Screwdriver. 😋

I'm on antidepressants now and can no longer touch alcohol, but while I could drink I was fond of hard lemonade. I was open to anything fruity that didn't taste like how nail-polish remover smells though—I wish I'd tried cider! Maybe someday.

I don't drink bc all of it tastes like taking a nice swig of robitussin. I remember trying butterscotch schnapps at my uncle's house a few years ago and it was like they mixed a butterscotch candy with cough medicine, bleh. not to mention, it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I could probably handle a daiquiri but why even bother at that point lol. I'll just stick with normal non-alcoholic drinks 😌

Some people think I don't drink because I'm on medication and pain injections for arthritis, but that's not the case as I point out to them. I've never been drunk or never drunk alcohol. It's something that never appealed to me, even when my friends were drinking in secondary school. I'm unlikely to change, as I've found you can have just as good time without drinking!

I don't drink alcohol anymore because I can't. I wish I could, I miss my favorites, but I have a really bad physical reaction to it (no idea what causes it, it's almost like a bad allergic reaction) so I just don't drink.

When I did, I liked vodka/cranberry juice, or white russians, red wines (shiraz ), or craft beer that's not hoppy, not a fan of ipa.

What's funny - my husband brews as a hobby. He loves it, has something brewing all the time, goes to Hoppy Possum every year, always looking at new styles to try....and I wish I could try some of it, lol.... but nope!

beer / tequila / whisky !

whisky is a new interest for me! i can't enjoy a lot of it but i'm enjoy trying new ones when i can ! (my dad only allows single malts when i'm with him so i have developed an expensive taste though unfortunately)

Alcohol hurts my tummy so it's a no go for me. If I did drink I'd want some sorta fruity slushy beverage

I just drink malt beverages. I really like Smirnoff's Grape Ice. I prefer the drinks with low alcohol percentage. I can't handle anything more than 6%, and that may be a little generous. Maybe I'm just not a drinker.

Anything fruity and sweet is good to me, I don't have a preference for what it's mixed with. I have never "acquired" the taste for straight beer/wine/etc and likely never will. I only drink to enhance or take the edge off of social occasions. When I did DnD every week it was much more frequent, lol, but I don't have much of a reason to as of late.

I am also fond of sake. There's a super delicious kind I order online for special occasions (Okunomatsu “Tororingo”) that straight up tastes like apple juice omg. It's quite dangerous!

Beer / Wine / Rum for me. I love the tasting culture of alcohol, so I go to wineries and breweries often as activities and dates. If I'm just lookin' to get drunk quickly, I'll grab a rum and coke (y)

I've never been an alcohol fan. My taste buds are too childish. HOWEVER, I do enjoy hard cider. I can't drink because of medications but it's not like I ever did before. The first alcohol I liked was a rosé hard cider. A cider mill in my state makes some pretty good ciders too.

I don't drink mostly for personal reasons but I also don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks. I sometimes have a glass or two of mulled wine around the holidays and some champagne for New Year, but I could easily go without it.

i’m not much of an alcohol drinker, but vodka is typically my go-to! vanilla vodka with orange soda (or even coca cola) is absolutely delicious 🤤 smirnoff makes a cherry, blue raspberry, and citrus rocket pop-inspired vodka that is pretty tasty as well!

baileys (original, mint chocolate, and salted caramel especially) is also delectable. i’ll partial to any alcoholic drink if the alcohol taste is hidden well enough lmao

I voted on everything except 'I Don't Drink'(obviously). I especially love craft and imported beers! Samuel Adams is my go-to beer.

I prefer making my own mixes at home. I'll use vodka and some kind of fruit juice. I make my drinks a bit too strong ;D

I don't drink alcohol! Knowing the effects it has, I decided I didn't want to drink it even when I became of drinking age, and to this day I've held true to that.

I don’t drink often, but I love spirits; Midori, Kahlua, Southern Comfort, Baileys etc. I also like ciders and other ready to drink mixes.

But I basically can't drink anything these days, especially spirits, as it makes me feel very unwell due to medications that I'm taking.

Back