• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bunny Day

Bunny Day is as stinky as the eggs that come out of Zipper T. Bunny or wherever they come from. 🐇🥚 I never liked the Easter themed decor in any of the games. Do you even collect eggs? 🤨 I remember in one of the Animal Crossing games, you collect tin foil or something like that. I frankly never participated much in it because the special villager there is ugly and so is the furniture you get. Sorry, I just have to be a rotten egg about it! 🤷‍♀️ Easter Day in real life is much nicer than that. I for one look forward to sporting a pastel colored sweater with a black necktie and pants to add contrast and eat some good food! 🍰😎🍺 Let me know when Zipper T. Bunny ups his horrible fashion and brings out some good food to eat. 🍽️ Franklin the Turkey is 1 up in my books and all you do on that day is collect forks or something. 😂🏆🦃💩🐇

I hate it in New Horizons, and I think many of you know why. It's that period of the year where finding materials to craft items with can be a chore, especially as some trees, rocks and even the rivers and oceans can release a ton of eggs. It's especially frustrating when you've previously completed the event in full and crafted all the recipes (which almost all are ugly), and have to deal with this for yet another week in the year. I don't remember how the event was treated in older games as I've never played during Easter, but I'm going to safely assume that they were much more tolerable.

I remember when the event came to be in 2020, eggs could be found left and right. Sometimes chopping trees released nothing but eggs; half the "fish" in the waters were eggs; villagers kept giving you eggs randomly; gold and iron nuggets were very difficult to obtain because the rocks spewed out eggs, and so on. I think there was also a glitch where normal balloons would never spawn during the event - only sky eggs - that was patched later on.

I will say that some of the outfits certain villagers wear during actual Bunny Day are adorable. I saw a picture somewhere of Molly in an egg outfit, and thought that was the cutest thing ever. But in reality, when it comes to Bunny Day, there is only one bunny I've really cared about...

Dotty by the River.jpg

Yes, I hate it when I'm trying to go hunting for resources and BOOM egg after egg after egg... Bunny day has always been a drag

I honestly think I couldn't have found better words HAHAHA
The thing is, I love the... weirdness... of Zipper T. Bunny, and I think the egg hunt is cute(I mean, it would be cuter if eggs didn't pop out of the bathroom too), the things is...the Easter decorations in Animal Crossing are really awful LOL
I think some people like egg themed things, and I find them a bit cute too, but just a bit, I don't want an invasion of eggs in every game looool

I think it’s fine,, Zipper T. Bunny is a funny character, and the furniture items are kind of cute. Though my favorite holidays are Toy Day and Halloween in NL.

Also, I don’t remember the amount of eggs being that bad,, at least in the games I played (I got NH in May so I didn’t experience the chaos of 2020 Bunny Day), but also I haven’t participated in the event in a really long time so lol I might change my mind.

434222918_774337111327306_7161357090082836014_n.jpg

"Buenos dias señor.I've been waiting for you.Say hello to my little friend........."

This is pretty much what I think about Bunny Day.Why did they make Zipper Thee Bunny such a weirdo?Pave is a weirdo too but at least he has style.

I’ve only experienced Bunny Day in New Leaf and New Horizons, but I think it’s a cute event! I definitely prefer New Leaf’s Bunny Day, though. The Egg Set was super cute (especially the Egg Lamp… rip i miss you 💔), and it was cute that we could earn Zipper’s Pic! I also much preferred when Bunny Day and egg gathering was a one-day ordeal.

Bunny Day in New Horizons was endearing the first time, but almost 4 years later, I really don’t like it in this game. There’s absolutely no reason for Bunny Day to be 8-days-long, especially since with how frequently the eggs spawn, you’ll have all of the eggs you need and plenty extra after a day or 2. Bunny Day originally going on for 12 days was just unnecessarily ridiculous, and the high egg spawn rates made fishing and gathering materials during the game’s first month hard. I’m also not a fan of the Bunny Day Set (aside from the bag and rug), though the new 2.0 items are cute! The only thing I really like about Bunny Day in New Horizons are the silly egg outfits that my villagers wear on the day of. Seeing Dobie sporting one was especially endearing!

IMG_6841.jpeg

As for Zipper himself, I think he’s a really fascinating character! His dialogue never fails to make me either side-eye him or chuckle. I also don’t think I’ll ever be able to rest easy until I know who’s in that costume lol

Bunny day is fun, but in NH good god that was torture. It was during launch so there wasn't much going on. And it went on for what felt like a month. The following year they cut it back to a week or two? I forget, I haven't touched the event since 2020 because how they handled it really turned me off. We get that the game launched too early and barebone, but pushing a event to go on for almost a month wasn't the solution you think it was chief.

As someone with a strong dislike of both rabbits and eggs, I hate Bunny Day.

(PS This isn't true, this is a coded message aimed at someone on this forum. They know who they are and they know full well what I'm referring to when I say rabbits and eggs and Bunny Day.)

I loved Bunny Day! Eggs everywhere, cute furniture, creepy zipper...what's not to love....
At first.

But then, you get all the furniture, you really don't need any more eggs, zipper is creepily repetitive....meh, not really fun anymore.

And finally, more eggs?! I don't want any more eggs! I want fish! Nuggets! Not eggs! Make it stop! Please! I'll do anything if I can just make it stop!!!🤯

And the eggs keep coming....

As someone with a strong dislike of both rabbits and eggs, I hate Bunny Day.

(PS This isn't true, this is a coded message aimed at someone on this forum. They know who they are and they know full well what I'm referring to when I say rabbits and eggs and Bunny Day.)
Is it...is it me?

But then, you get all the furniture, you really don't need any more eggs, zipper is creepily repetitive....meh, not really fun anymore.

And finally, more eggs?! I don't want any more eggs! I want fish! Nuggets! Not eggs! Make it stop! Please! I'll do anything if I can just make it stop!!!🤯

And the eggs keep coming....
Yeah that's how the event felt for launch year. I would've preferred a single day or two at most. Maybe make it fall on a weekend each year. The Festivale was just one day from what I remember.

Back