• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you use 3D on your 3DS?

Do you use 3D on your 3DS?

• Total voters
I have the new 3DS which is apparently supposed to be easier on your eyes but it still hurts. I can't watch a full 3d movie either without leaving with a massive migraine, the kind that makes you feel like your brain is too big for your skull. 3d is just not for me.

Lmao the 3DS's 3D feature was a huge success! Yup Yup!

Last edited:
I didn't use it on the 3DS xl because I would always feel nauseous afterwards. But I do use the 3D on the New 3DS, without any problems :)

Nope I never use it, I remember hearing of the side effects and never using it since. Although if there wasn't any side-effects I don't think i'd use it still because you have to hold it a certain length away from your face, and it can get pretty tiring holding it at an arms length. My friend uses it a lot though, and I don't understand how she can use it all the time, it's pretty annoying having the adjust the screen just to see the 3D effects.

I don't usually use the 3D functionality. I have probably turned it on less than 10 times over the course of all the years I've owned the console. It doesn't hurt my eyes or anything, but most of the time it seems pointless. I mostly play games that don't heavily utilize the 3D anyway, and I don't really want to use it since it would just be wasting battery life.

I didn't use it on the 3DS xl because I would always feel nauseous afterwards. But I do use the 3D on the New 3DS, without any problems :)

I have the first one (I only bought it for ACNL). Maybe I should invest in a newer one. I got Super Smash Bros (the only other 3DS game I own), and everything on the screen is so tiny and annoying in that game.

Last edited:
I have never actually played with it. I've only turned it on to see what the game looks like with it on.

Other than that, I've always had it off. You have to hold your 3DS at a specific angle... screw that. Plus it burns your battery and the 3DS battery really sucks to begin with.

There's just no good reason to use the 3D.

Nahh. Only time I ever use it if I'm playing Xenoblade and I see a nice view. Other than that, I do't really care for it.

Nope, I never use it. When I was first researching 3DS's when I was going to buy one, I found how the 3D option makes so many people sick or nauseous. When I first got it, I tried it on low, and it made me feel pretty dizzy.

I'm never gonna try it again. Besides, most games already have good enough 3D as it is.

No, I don't. It makes me feel slightly dizzy. Every now and then I'll try it out again to see if maybe I'll suddenly like it, but it's quite annoying.

Plus, it's kind of silly when you can only see the screen in 3D when you look at it from a certain angle. Not really fun to play any game like that, unfortunately.

Yea I do. I love how it looks in this game, I have issues with "ghosting" on other games this is one of the few that works perfectly

Not normally, the only way I'll use it is if I really want to see a cinematic cut seen, or just a really awesome graphic thing in 3D.

Back