Moon Bunny
White Crescent Moon
Space Whale Plush
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Shooting Star
Snow Bunny
Blue Mote of Flame
Title!
Personally, I did not use it to make paths, so would always just avoid walking fast, but I did appreciate it as a mechanic!

I prefer it in New Leaf to how it was in City Folk, I ran all over the place before I knew about it in City Folk and the town never recovered 😂 plus the colour of the ‘mud’ was a little weird in City Folk

I like the idea and then my whole town would have muddy grass so I'm on the fence.

I feel like it was great within a certain context. My over-reliance on QR patterns made me feel bad about not having enough true natural paths. I really appreciated the paths terraforming feature in NH for that reason.

The idea was cute, buy it just ended up making the ground look muddy & a little ugly..

i never had the patience to try and make paths in the dirt but it’s super cute in theory! i don’t really like how the deterioration would kinda spread out and make things looks kinda dingy and muddy :x i almost wish there was a way the beautiful town ordinance could affect the grass deterioration or something. i’d rather have everything look lush and green to make things look a bit more lively!

I was so confused for a second because I read this as “grass-water” and was very concerned.

I like the grass wear in theory because it makes the town feel more organic, but at some point my whole town was mostly mud because I was just an impatient kid running around not knowing the consequences 😅

I don't miss it but I do remember being so impressed (and jealous) by towns that were able to make distinct paths with it.. i tried it for like 2 minutes and gave up

I absolutely despise the grass deterioration. At one point my main town was basically a barren wasteland with no grass. Fortunately it was possible to remedy this by time traveling like a month ahead after ensuring that none of the villagers would move out, but it's kind of ridiculous that it can get so terrible that such actions are necessary to counteract it.

I can appreciate the conceptual intent, it was a cute idea in theory, but in practice it was a disaster and I'm glad that grass deterioration wasn't included in New Horizons. While there are things from New Leaf that I'd like to see return in future installments, I hope grass deterioration stays buried in the series graveyard. Considering this is a series full of cute animals villagers, hopefully the series graveyard isn't a pet sematary. The ground is sour. Sometimes dead is better.

i was a fan of grass wear, i liked seeing bare patches of dirt because it made the world feel real and less perfect. in new horizons i feel like everything is so squeaky and clean :(

This game yes, but in City Folk a hard no. My first CF town ever was a desert and I had no clue at the time that I was killing everything just for playing.

I neither like, hate, or care about it!! It’s usually a non issue in my town full of paths and flowers

I've never felt strongly about it but I can see how it can be annoying. I did see it more on my ACCF town and it was kinda annoying though.

NOOO personally I absolutely hated it xD I was very glad when it was done away with.

I was never bothered by it in new leaf, but I like how it makes the ground look more realistic! Having patches of brighter grass, lighter grass, and dirt kinda added some texture, I guess to the ground? I hope it comes back in the next game albeit to a lesser extent or maybe the ability to turn it off! I just want some dirt back in our towns lmaoo

There was times I really needed dirt for making snowmen. The grass wear was really forgiving in this game so I did run a lot in my usual areas.

Back