• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did you like Grass-Wear?

Did you like how grass would turn to mud

• Yes

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I appreciated its existence thematically

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
I do think it's a nice feature with a cool idea behind it, but I can see it becoming very frustrating if you're looking for a certain "aesthetic" for your town. Thankfully, it's never bothered me too much and I haven't really experienced it in my towns.

I think for some towns it worked out nice, but I don't really like how muddy it makes the ground in particular...

No, I don't. It makes my town look ugly, especially if you keep running all over the place which speeds up the wear. It's a good thing you can regrow most of it back with the use of flowers, though.

I didn’t know grass could wear by running around 🥲 its crazy, I’ve been running all over my town without a care in the world. and to think there’s so many things I don’t know about this game and it’s been out forever now lol.

Honestly, I didn't really care for the grass-wear mechanic, but I also don't think I paid too much attention to it while I played, lol.

Eh. I didn't really feel either way about it. It existed, sure, but did I pay attention to it? Not at all. In fact, it took me literal years to find out that it even existed.

I don't totally hate the idea of it but I wish it looked a little differently in the game. It reminds me of the concept of desire paths which is something that I do enjoy coming across in real life but I guess those aren't always visually appealing either.
Basically, a short cut! People be peopling and ain't nobody got time to walk around on that sidewalk thus the desire path.
800px-Desire_path_-_52849400711.jpg

I know nobody didn't like it in City Folk due to it being unbalanced, but the way it was handled in New Leaf surely makes up for it. Plus, I love how dark the dirt looked in that game, makes creating natural dirt paths a whole lot pretty if done right.

I have mixed thoughts about grass deterioration. On the one hand I think it makes the game realistic, and also in New Leaf it's handled quite well compared to previous games and can be used to decorate the town. On the other hand, it's a feature that stresses me out terribly, and I'd like to be able to run around freely like in New Horizons. In general in the next games I would prefer it not to be there, because for the "deteriorated grass effect" there are custom patterns made by the community

Back