• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

dirt paths or pattern paths?

paths?

• natural dirt

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • patterns

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • no paths. i enjoy chaos

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

JellyBeans

only half awake
Bells
Switch
2122-3699-2125
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Heart Balloon
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sweet Feather
Poptart Easter Egg
i feel like i was in the small minority of people who actually enjoyed the wear and tear of grass when you ran on it (but only when i could use it to my advantage). i had pattern paths set up all across the town, but when they began to wear away into dirt paths underneath i would switch over to that! i actually just enjoyed the way it looked, really fit the natural vibe. so i love that you can just lay down dirt paths in nh.

what about you?

I am technically in both camps with the way my paths are set in my town, but I do like the natural look of dirt paths when done right (especially in City Folk).

I tried to make pattern paths in my second town but I only put them around Re-Tail and the police station.
Dirt paths I am not into because they're just going to disappear when I go on hiatus.

I have paths... and my town enjoys chaos too HAHAHA
I chose standard stepping stones as a pattern to match all seasons, but I think the way I laid them out is a little confusing, and not much of an idea of order lol

I love how the natural dirt paths look, but I could never make them look good or work for some reason! So I have used pattern paths in my town. Especially now that I play less, I don't think I could keep up the natural dirt paths as you need to run over them quite frequently I think.

Pattern paths. I think dirt paths are really cool but I havent got the patience to make them. I enjoy making my own custom paths and have done since Wild World

dirt paths are so cute but the upkeep is too much for me. i like pattern paths but that's also tricky because constantly having to switch out paths that match the colour of the grass as it changes year round is a pain too. i've opted out for using a stone path that alternates with a design that has clovers on it, but it's too green if i use it outside of summer ;u;

I've basically only utilized patterns in my towns when laying them down all over so as to limit the area that the animals can place their plots down on when moving in. That or utilizing them for clothing or other fun QR codes for stuff like pictures in houses. I've seen all these elaborate paths and sections of beautiful patterns in other people's towns but I just can't be bothered, really, and I assume that with the closure of the 3DS online servers that those QR codes will all just poof away so it's too late to go looking for any now anyway.

I don't even do paths in New Horizons; most of my design slots are filled with clothing patterns that I've either downloaded or made myself, the town flag, stuff I've made for past events on here, or patterns I've downloaded that I can use to make cool rooms in the houses. My only paths are the ones provided by the game itself and have pretty much been things like bricks for a restaurant and its associated seating area and the dark brown pathing has been used for my farm section.

I partly can't be bothered to figure out nice pathing, partly don't have enough design spaces available, and partly just have a preference for keeping my towns and island more natural. I'm also just more interested in and drawn to the interior design aspect of these games. While I certainly enjoy placing furniture outside, I've barely terraformed in New Horizons.

So yeah, basically just embracing the chaos of nature over here.

I never used to play with paths or was diligent enough to create dirt paths. Nowadays I like minimalist paths and I still am not diligent enough for dirt paths lol

I do like the look of the dirt paths when done right, but alas I am lazy, and use patterns, which I also think looks nice

I used pattens for guaranteed grass where I wanted grass. I love the look of natural dirt though and would have loved to use natural if possible.

I have patterned paths through out my town. The dirt ones would have faded away after all these years.

Controversial, but dirt paths. I never liked the pattern paths because I found it tedious and complicated. The dirt paths have their drawbacks for sure but it was a feature of the game that I didn't really mind.

i enjoyed doing patterned paths. it was kinda relaxing tbh lol. i do like dirt paths depending on the aesthetic of the town as well but i could never bother to make dirt path actually. i found them more work than patterns.

if the upkeep wasn't so bad i really would have liked to have dirt paths! but i was not about to run over them like 4 times a day with saves in between so patterns it was orz

I like the look of pattern paths, but I don't have the patience to set them down, so I just stick with natural dirt

Pretty brick patterns for me all day long

Back