• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you put stickers on your handhelds?

Stickers?

• Total voters
I had a Spyro skin on my DS Lite as a kid and when I peeled it off, it took the gloss layer with it 😭 Ever since then… no lol. But I’d rather repaint them myself if I had the urge to change how they look.

Right now I'm considering. I currently have a sticker sheet that I’m saving for my upcoming Switch later, but I don't want to put too much so it can still look sleek and in case I want to remove them it wouldn't be tedious. I'm sure my opinion will change later because this is coming from an actual kid from high school.

noo. not a fan of the thought that they might not completely come off after you've put them on for a hot minute. the remains of stickers on a handheld?? that wouldn't bring me joy

I have a skin on my switch since I ended up with a grey lite and I wanted something a bit more colourful lol, and over time I have put a few stickers on it because technically the stickers aren't going directly onto the switch anyway! i would probably be a little more hesitant to put stickers directly onto my switch but would likely still do it - i just know that I will always have some kind of skin on this switch so I am not too fussed about the thought of having to take it off

I don't put stickers on any electronics (whether that's handhelds, laptops, etc.). I prefer them looking "clean", rather than being covered with things like stickers.

Since putting stickers on my wooden bed frame in the 90s and then getting mad when they didn't peel off cleanly, I've avoided putting stickers on anything where they can wear away. So, nope, I won't ever stick any on a games console.

Regular stickers? No, absolutely not.
- They fade quite quickly, especially when they're getting touched regularly.
- They're difficult to get off cleanly.
- They're disgusting. They just attract filth. I don't want to put my hands anywhere near a sticker somebody has put on their handheld.

Vinyl stickers aren't AS bad, they're not as prone to fading and (in my experience) aren't hard to remove at least. I wouldn't put them on my handhelds though. I have a Lucina vinyl sticker on the back of my laptop and that's about it for me.

I've only done it once with some stickers that were cheap enough to not leave residue behind when I peeled em off.

I prefer putting keychains on my handhelds - either through the keychain loops on the consoles or using these little earjack plugs with holes on one end to loop keychains through.

I put stickers on my 3DS; they haven't aged super well. I haven't put any stickers on my switch and I don't plan to, but I did put a couple stickers on the docking station!

I got a clear case for my switch so I put some old stamps on it! did the same with my old 3DS except those were vinyl stickers.

I’ve only done this with my first DS Lite before it was stolen from me (I used the decals included with Guitar Hero Decades) and a pair of Joy Cons with those removable skins. Had to remove them because the design was beginning to rub away and it didn’t look good but I still have the dock skin on. With my New 3DS, I just used faceplate covers.

I have a Shovel Knight sticker on my Switch carrying case, which I'm very fond of. While in the hospital I've had stickers on the system itself and it's a double edged sword. They look cool and make the system look more unique, but they also feel funny while holding the device. That's not to mention those more pesky stickers that are harder to get off.

On the DS Lite that was stolen from me I applied all of the decals that came with Guitar Hero World Tour Decades and it looked really nice. I had positioned them with enough distance so that they weren’t crowding the entire surface but not too far apart that there were huge gaps in between them. I even managed to fit on the cassette tape decal which was the largest one of all and had that in the center of the top half. With my Switch, I have my dock with a Splatoon 2 skin on it and had put the Joy Con skins it came with on my Neon Pink and Green controllers but then the images started to rub away after a year and a half of constant use so I had removed them. I have covers for my New 3DS and currently have a Japanese Kirby Planet Robobot cover on it.

Yes I love putting stickers on things I own, not just the portable consoles lol! My only portable console is a new 3ds xl with a hatsune miku sticker skin on the front and back. It did have the skin on the inside too before my brother ripped them off. My wii and wii u also have stickers on them, anything I own I will put stickers on it.

I LOVE PERSONALIZING EVERYTHING! I have decals all over my 3DS XL and I wanted some for my Wii U but could never find Pikmin ones. I have some New Leaf ones on my 3DS and some general Animal Crossing ones on my switch! I never put any on my New 3DS because the cover plates are just so cute! I put keychains and stickers on EVERYTHING!!!

I put some Pokemon stickers on my 3ds, but one Eevee sticker had a frost-esque effect happen over time, and none of the other stickers have had that effect.

I used to, but as someone who gets gross icky hands after gaming so long, the stickers would also get icky, and the console would just be AWFUL. I've found I like to get clear cases for things like my Switch and 3DS, and cover those in stickers, so I can take them off, and clean the gross sticker gunk in water, and replace the stickers with new ones since my interests come and go!

Not on my handhelds. I do like having stickers on certain things, like my sewing machine. I prefer to get a special case for my handhelds, like my Switch.

I don't ever put stickers on any electronic devices. I got my switch lite second hand though and it had one of those sticker skins on it. The sticker was well placed but it started to shift and get dirty from my hands & console getting warm. I ended up peeling it off and surprisingly there was no residue. I felt pretty lucky.

i absolutely love stickers and love collecting them. i love shiny and cute stickers, or character stickers. my issue though is using them..... for me, there's something about the feeling that once a sticker is unstuck from its sheet, that it's gone forever, and i've always felt kinda afraid of how permanent that seems. it was really bad when i was little (i used to just collect sticker pages and keep them in a binder just to look at them.) so sticking stickers on devices isn't something i'd consider doing until maybe more recently. i do think that it's super cute to use them on devices and i love seeing how creative people get with their designs.

i gotten a lot better with using stickers that are just collecting dust in my desk (i've recently really been into the deco trend, i've decorated a handful of toploaders for photocards and a used digital camera i purchased a while back) with consoles, i'd maybe consider using stickers if i used a clear case to protect the device first? sticker residue can be hard to clean off sometimes, and this way i'd be free to change up the design if i need to switch it up :3

Back