• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you put stickers on your handhelds?

Stickers?

• Total voters

Mars Adept

Defense is the best offense!
Bells
Switch
8301-8235-7817
Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Plum Blossom
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Fortune Cookie
Blue Holiday Candle
Oblivia's Ugly Christmas Egg
Red Holiday Candle
Quirky Doll
I’ve noticed that kids like(d) to customize their belongings with stickers, and that includes electronics such as gaming consoles. I’ve never done it before but I wonder if I should when I get another one considering I loved stickers as a kid.

Do you like to personalize your handhelds? Or do you think it’s gross and always keep them as is?

I do sometimes! ^^ I've got some Slime Rancher stickers on my 3DS and DS Lite. I personalized my Switch a bit differently though; in lieu of stickers, I got a nice protective clear case with embossed floral designs and some kitty paw thumb grip caps. I did put a couple of extra stickers I had on my Switch dock, but I've only ever used it in handheld mode anyway.

Reactions: Neb
I used to, but the stickers always end up getting worn down from use so i stopped

Still have a sticker on the back of my switch tho that i put there a long time ago, to help me tell the difference between it and my other switch

I haven’t. Stickers look tacky in my opinion. The most customization I’ve done is use a custom phone case, lmao. I also prefer to have minimalistic or plain colors. I don’t care for funky designs.

Although, I have considered using stickers for a water bottle if I ever get one. I’ve been thinking about it since it would be useful for traveling. Stickers are good customization, but they look tacky on consoles and handhelds.

I used to when I was younger, but I started getting frustrated with trying to take them off when I inevitably had to replace the handheld for whatever reason. I still have one of those sturdy acrylic(?) stickers on my 3DS, but I don't decorate my phone or my Switch. These days, I only buy stickers when they're for my personal collection or if I really love the designs.

i don’t, though i have thought about it and would like to. i have plenty of stickers from the dollar store and tbt to use, i’m just worried that i’ll end up not liking the placement of the stickers and/or the combo of them i use, and i won’t be able to do anything about it since i won’t want to try and peel them off and risk ruining them. i might give it a go one day, or at least put on a sticker or two, but for now i’m happy with my switch lite being plain.

i was obsessed with putting stickers on things when i was a kid, though — it was my idea of decorating lol. i wasn’t as careful about placement back then, hence why my dresser and bookshelf is covered in clumps of stickers. 🤣

I put stickers on my DS Lite and my GBA SP and they just wore out over time. I haven't done it again.

I have some Animal Crossing stickers on the back of my Switch Lite, but I wish I had put it on the cover I have but never use instead of directly on it. Plus the stickers have already worn out and faded. 🥲 Because of it I refuse to put any stickers on my 3DS.

I've never put stickers on my electronics. I'd be afraid of ruining both the console and the stickers. I like to keep my things in really pristine condition, so when I did collect stickers I only kept them in sticker books. I had a few that I wanted to display at work once, but rather than sticking them directly to my office supplies, I cut them out and used tape on the back to stick them. That way, when I was done with those file folders or whatever, I could pull the stickers off and reuse them easily.

No, but I put Animal Crossing stickers on my water bottle and one of his notebooks. 💕

I typically don’t put stickers on electronics as I don’t really like the look - however I did order some animal crossing decals recently that I was intending to use for other things and I ended up putting one on the back of my switch. I’m still kind of undecided if I like it but I’ll probably leave it for a while lol.

all the time!! i cover literally everything in stickers, i love bright colours and cute stuff and decoden and it’s so fun to decorate stuff :3 ive been doing it for long enough to know the pain of sticker adhesive so all my devices have clear cases that i put the stickers on top!

No I'm afraid they'd get sticky. I did hear those skins don't get that way, but I've never tried them.

Not on my handhelds. I have a snap-on case for my Switch, though.

I do put stickers on my laptop.

I used to, but not anymore.

Honestly...I'm still not opposed to it. I simply haven't come across any stickers that I have felt compelled to slap onto my Switch. Also, I never put any stickers on my DS, or DS Lite (or any of the Gameboy variations that I owned). The only handheld I ever had a sticker on was my 3DS...and it was kinda just because I randomly acquired a sticker that fit perfectly on the top of the shell.

So...short answer is, no...but I guess I would. Lol

I've never customized any of my handheld consoles or other electronics like laptops with stickers, decals, shells, etc. I've simply never felt the desire to do so, but additionally, I'd be the only one to even see them most of the time, and I'm fairly private and don't like to draw attention unnecessarily so it's just not for me. The closest thing for me is a cover for the Switch dock that I got off etsy back in 2017 because I heard they prevented people from scratching their Switch screens when placing them in the dock. I feel like that doesn't really even count though since it's just for the dock itself.

No, I actually have a fear of stickers (pittakionophobia, for your random fact of the day) so I do indeed find it very gross. But I also just prefer the simple and clean look of a console, I'd rather get cases.

No, I actually have a fear of stickers (pittakionophobia, for your random fact of the day) so I do indeed find it very gross. But I also just prefer the simple and clean look of a console, I'd rather get cases.

Well, there's something you don't hear every day.

Is it because they stick to things? What about other things that stick to things...like briars? Or what about just gluing an envelope shut, or placing a stamp? Or what about the fact that every product on every shelf is covered in stickers or labels? - Or is the reasoning completely different from the sticky aspect? I'm genuinely intrigued now.

No. I used to but they peeled off quickly and got pretty gross after awhile. Also used to put on small charms on my 3ds console but they were just in the way.

Back