• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like having your picture taken?

I really don't like it and I won't even take a selfie. I just don't like the way I look and don't want it forever in a picture.

im not a photogenic person. It takes me about a dozen takes and a good snapchat filter to get something not remotely awful looking

I'm only comfortable when my girlfriend takes them. I've taken selfies before but I'd say that's her thing not mine lol.

Uhh no not really I despise having pictures of myself taken unless it's by someone I'm close with. :p

Last edited:
No because I don't look good at all. In real life I wouldn't say I look bad but I just don't look good in photos

I don't love it but I've grown to be more okay with it. I only take pictures of myself every once in a while just so there's some evidence out there that I can look good sometimes, but I have a couple of friends who love taking pictures every time we're together so it doesn't bother me as much anymore even though I feel like I'm guaranteed to look awful in them.

I never look good when people take pictures of me so I definitely prefer to take pictures of myself.

I prefer selfies. I don?t like when other people take pictures of me. It especially upsets me when people take pictures of me without me even looking or behind my back.

No, I hate having my picture taken. It started when I was a teenager and developed really bad acne. I don't think there are any pictures of me between the ages of about 13 and maybe 25 or so, except for the obligatory school photos and I even skipped out on senior pictures. Even now as an adult, I despise my skin. I still have acne at 40+ years of age along with acne scars, plus my skin always looks shiny and red in photos even if it doesn't appear that way when I look in the mirror. So I still never voluntarily take pictures but I don't refuse quite as adamantly as I did when I was younger.

i hate having my picture taken, i rarely look nice tbh

i don't mind so much if my mum wants to take a family photo, i'll just smile and take a picture since it makes her happy
but when i had friends and they wanted to take pictures for "memories" or whatever, i legit just walked away

but yeah, i hate pictures of me so i avoid cameras as much as i can

depends on who’s taking it - my friend has a camera and loves taking pictures of people and as long as they turn out good I like it :p

I don't think I'm photogenic at all so when I look at myself in pics I kinda feel self-conscious (I tend to look very serious and ppl think I'm mad or something, which for the most part I'm probably just deep in thought). I take pics of myself and let others take my pic only when it's absolutely necessary, such as passport, State ID and so on.

Even in family pics I just wanna be like "nah I'm good" and quietly sneak away lol but sometimes if my mood is right I'll humor them and let them take a pic or two for memories. I don't do selfies, either.

I don't like being filmed/recorded, so in general I try to keep away from cameras.

I really dislike my smile, so I prefer to not have my picture taken! Wearing a mask helps though, as people don't really see my smile.

In school, I never felt like I had a good picture day, lol. I'm not a fan of selfies unless there's some filter, either!

as long as it’s a good picture I don’t mind :p but its not really my thing per se haha

Back