• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like having your picture taken?

I don't even like taking selfies because of how the camera flips the image. It looks "okay" (not really, but bearable) before I take it, but as soon as I take it and the imagine flips it looks so bad. One side will be normal looking, and then the other side is just uneven and weird.

If it's a selfie, I don't really mind because angles and everything. But if someone is standing in front of me or to the side I get so angry, especially if the person is trying to take a 'candid'.

i manage to mess every picture up with my face

i dont know how it happens??

i just does???

I don't really like that too much. I like taking my own picture, but when others do it, I don't like it. It's partly because they'll probably take a less flattering angle than me, but also I think it partly has to do with my own mental illness, the idea of people having pictures of me sort of creeps me out and triggers my paranoia to think too hard about.

nope nope and NOPE. i don't even take pictures of myself. i'm not UGLY but i'm not the prettiest either, and in every picture that gets taken of me i look so fat lmao. i'm tiny, 5'1 and 135 pounds but still, looks weird to me. it's probably my anxiety speaking, i just don't like pictures.

Nope... my forehead always looks 12930843 inches wide since I don't have bangs at the moment and yeah I hate showing off my teeth too since they never got fixed when I was a kid -_- I always keep my mouth shut when trying to smile even though people complain that I don't show the teeth. Yeah sorry stfu yourself, I'm not comfy showing my teeth and if I look grumpy get a life.

Do you like having your picture taken, or taking pictures of yourself?

I try to avoid having my pictures taken at all cost. If I could destroy every picture of myself out there, I would in a heartbeat because the camera always makes me look terrible. It's weird because when I look in the mirror, I don't think I look so bad. I'm not the best looking out there by any means, but just compared to how I see myself in the mirror and how the camera picks me up it is just so different. I don't know what is happening, but whenever pictures are taken of me my face just looks extremely stretched out and different in a bad way.

How do you feel about it?

I used to. Until I got fat. Now I just want to go back to being the toothpick that I was 11 years ago.

whenever people take photos with me i somehow look terrible but i dont mind taking pictures of myself on a good day

Like most things, it depends on many factors. Who's taking the picture, location, is my butt too big for the photo. Stuff like that.

not really

apparently i'm actually quite pretty (people are such liars lmao) but my mental illness means all i see when i look at myself in the mirror or in pictures is an ugly piece of ****

No, I hate it, unless I’m the one who is taking it (have a process for taking photos of myself too).

I never look good in photos so I don't quite enjoy being photographed. While I sometimes feel like I look half-decent in pictures I've taken myself, I look absolutely unpleasant in all the other pictures. :( That's why seeing myself in photos feels terrible as it always reminds me about how naturally unattractive I am. It's worse when friends have terrible photos of me and refuse to delete them.

Oh, Not really but it depends on the day. I prefer selfies too, and I don't even like taking them. And I know posting only selfies would make it look like you don't hang around with friends, I read from some magazine guide about social media profiles lol, but whatever.

It depends on the situation, if its in a controlled environment and such I can look fine, otherwise I'd look odd in photos. I'm not really a photogenic person :S

I'm not insecure about my own appearance, so I don't really care if photos are taken of me. I actually like it when I find bad photos of me, since I think they're funny. One exception to this is when my mom makes me take "nice" photos when we are on vacation or whatnot and makes me smile and be "serious". I like funny pictures.

I don't like having my picture taken and I rarely take pictures of myself. I actually used to avoid getting my picture taken on picture day at school by either faking being sick, or being like "oh hey, I need to suddenly go to the bathroom for the next 20 minutes for no reason".

Back