What kind of cheese do you like? Dislike?

i'm a cheese hater through and through, but i've been growing more adventurous and trying cheeses like pecorino on pasta which is pretty good! though the pasta sauce better have a strong flavor so it's not all cheesy flavor.. other than that i'm pretty comfortable with monterrey jack and mozzarella cheeses :)

Cheese is love. It might be one of my favourite things! I love almost all cheese, especially camembert, swiss cheese, cheddar. But also cream cheese, cottage cheese, basically any other cheese! I even love blue cheese (in a dish like gorgonzola pasta). The only thing I can’t eat is raw blue cheese - like a slice of it on bread. I only like it cooked. Everything else is good!
Post automatically merged:

Also, though I've technically never tried it, I'm just gonna say that I don't like the maggot cheese. Both because I'm a vegetarian, but even if I wasn't, that one's just... no.
This made my stomach lurch so hard… and I got a shiver reading it a second time now that I’m quoting it. I take back my „I like all kinds of cheese“. I decidedly, undoubtedly hate this one.

Last edited:
I'm not super big on american cheese, but its alright in certain instances

I think I do tend to gravitate towards "white" cheeses more, but I do plenty like the more orange/yellow ones I've had as well

although that "nacho" cheese used for like food stands that they squirt on top of a batch of chips and/or whatever else they choose to combine it with? that **** is ****in nasty and an insult to nachos

I love halloumi, one of my favourite things is homemade halloumi curry or just some nice halloumi with roast veg - if I’m not just having a snack or something for dinner these are my go to meals.

Also really like plain cheeses like cheddar/Red Leicester and mozzarella, plus I enjoy Brie every now and then - it’s not a cheese I crave a lot but like it the odd time I do have it.

I’m not really a fan of anything too strong in taste and smell, particularly dislike cottage cheese.

I like Chedder, Cream Cheese, Baby Bebel, Pepper Jack, Swiss, Monetray, Chihuahua, Colby cheese, Queso cheese, parmesan, feta, blue cheese, mozzarella, muenster, and goat cheese. There is also this buffalo (the sauce) cheese in some stores at the deli that is good but I don't know what the actual cheese part is.
American cheese is okay, but I tend to stay away from it. Most of the time it just doesn't taste that great on stuff.
Velveeta is ok, which I think is a type of American cheese. Much better if you mix other cheese with it.
I also like the cheese in a can that many foreigners think is gross. But I would only eat that on a bland cracker. 🙈
I dislike brie.
Tastes like paint thinner.
Cottage cheese is gross.

That's everything I can think of.

my favorite cheeses are usually lighter cheese? like... feta and mozzarella. flavor but not too much.

blue cheese subjected to eternal hellfire for One Thousand Years

Cheese in general is alright… I wouldn’t say I “love” it. I don’t know what types I like because I just eat them up anyway. Oh and I have a question: do Cheetos count? They should because I know what they are and I eat them and I like them.

I like most cheeses as long as they're in their "correct" context. i.e. I would probably not enjoy american cheese in my macaroni as much as I would enjoy american cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich.

Right now I'm a big fan of Cabot Cheddar.

Favorite: Monterrey jack, cotija, parmesan, mexican/fiesta blend, and swiss

Least: yellow sliced cheese, cheese sticks, and Ranchero queso fresco

I haven't tried many different types of cheese, but I'd like to in the future! I like whole milk mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar and american. Swiss and blue cheese are just ok while cottage cheese is terrible because of the texture. There's a store where I live that has a huge cheese section that spans multiple isles, but I've never really experimented because they're all pretty fancy and expensive.

Does string cheese count?

I will eat any cheese though. I don't know what it is about cheese that makes it so good. Cheddar, monterey jack, swiss, havarti, provolone, brie..

Lactose intolerant and I still can't stop eating cheese 😀

i'm very particular about my cheese! i don't like the canned stuff at all and i'm not a fan of cottage cheese either.
my favorite cheeses have to be white cheddar and parmesan.

Last edited:
I'm a cheese fanatic.... although I'm super picky with it. My top favorites would probably be sharp cheddar and mozzarella. I also like queso fresco and oaxaca, although I haven't had them since I was very little. Pepper jack is good too, I also haven't had it in forever. Does cream cheese count as a cheese? I'd say I like that one too as a spread.

The cheeses I do not like: anything super stinky, moldy (like blue cheese), or "fake" cheeses like American or Velveeta. Cottage cheese is also iffy for me- depends on the quality. Parmesan is also iffy depending on the quality and how smelly it is. Most of the time, super sharp cheddar works as a good parmesan substitute for pasta without making me as nauseous from the smell.

Back