• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a villager height preference?

I don't care about height but their shape makes a big difference on how they wear clothes so it's something I take into consideration when giving clothes as gifts. I just ran it through my head and the majority of my villagers are medium height.

I'm the tallest one, my villagers are shorter than me.
look at my signature.
--
But no, I don't worry about that stuff.

Wow, I'd never thought to have a height preference, but I suppose I do! I prefer middle-heighted villagers, I suppose? I got Julian on an NMT island, and figured I'd invite him since he's so popular, but I just don't like how he looks with everyone else. I'm sorry Julian, your horn puts you over the limit :/

Not really, but I think certain clothing styles look better on the tall ones and other styles on the small ones. I love Reneigh and Poppy and Colton and Marshal.

I like variety, so I like them all. One of my favourite screenshots:
maelle-rolf-little.jpg

I prefer tall ones cuz u see the clothes on them better. Like I love Apple but like I have to squint to see what she's wearing lol

I don't have a preference but I must admit that I gravitate towards the taller or just bigger animal models, like wolves and alligators, which are my favorites (honorary mention to hippos and tigers). But tiny ones like squirrels are pretty cute too. My only issue is with those like penguins who suffer from stretched patterns on their shirts. I don't know what they were thinking but every time I try something on them I feel they're being body shamed. Why do they seem to be wearing a smaller size than they should? Can't they just have shirts and dresses their size? I know that technically if I buy something is going to be my character's size but come on!

i've never really thought about this before lmao..!!

i don't really have a strong preference either way, but looking at my favs & my island population, i guess i tend to prefer majority average-height, with a couple outliers here and there for variety!

I prefer smaller ones! Especially squirrels, I guess because I was always fascinated by them in reallife.
Back in New Leaf I would always make my towns full of squirrels, but in the new game I mix them up a bit
and noticed that I always prefer villagers that are at least smaller than me!

I don't really have a preference and currently the villagers on my island are a range of heights, but if I was going for an island where all villagers were the same height/size then I'd go for the mid-tall range such as deers and wolves as I usually find myself leaning towards preferring their builds.

Back