• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a villager height preference?

-Lumi-

🌸 Springtime Lesbian 🌸
Bells
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Leif
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Hopefully this topic hasn't already been done, I tried to search and I didn't see anything!

I know that some people will have favourite villager species but I was wondering if anybody has favourite villager heights? It sounds like such a silly question when I'm trying to word it 😅 But what I mean is do you prefer having short villagers (ducks, squirrels, hamsters, etc) average height villagers (cats, dogs, deer, etc), or tall villagers (horses, elephants, gorillas, etc) or does it not matter to you at all?

For the most part it doesn't really matter to me but now that I have Marshall on my island and I'm seeing how cute and small he is I am tempted to have an island full of the smaller sized villagers! Squirrels, frogs, ducks, hamsters, - I think their height is extra cute when they're wandering through flowerbeds and such. On my island at the moment I really only have small and average sized villagers with Whitney probably being my tallest.

I'll admit I don't tend to gravitate towards the taller villager but I did have Pinky last year and I loved her, too. I think in general a lot of the taller species aren't my favourite because I don't find their designs to be as "cutesy" as some of the shorter/average heighted villagers, which I am partial towards. When I'm comparing the bears to bear cubs I think the bear cubs have a cuter design as a whole and I think them being tiny definitely plays a part in that! Ahh could you imagine little panda bear cubs? They would be so cute! If Pinky had been a bear cub I might've kept her for even longer, to be honest.

But yeah! How about you guys? 💕

I'm not too bothered by the hight of a villager.
Although mice do seem very small and I wish they were a little taller.
I have villagers of all sizes. I guess if anything I prefer to have variety than to not.

I'm more concerned about width.
Like Buzz is my favorite cranky villager and I wish I could keep him forever. But he had to go because he's bigger than the 1 tile box he should take up. His arms clip through walls and into other villagers and stuff. I hate it.

One time I went to visit buzz and he was sick. He was leant over with his head fully through the wall. That was the last straw.

I have a similar thing with gorrilas as their arms clip outside the box. Part of the reason why I let hans go.

I know its not exactly what you asked, but it's still kinda on topic as its about villager dimensions lol

I'm not too bothered by the hight of a villager.
Although mice do seem very small and I wish they were a little taller.
I have villagers of all sizes. I guess if anything I prefer to have variety than to not.

I'm more concerned about width.
Like Buzz is my favorite cranky villager and I wish I could keep him forever. But he had to go because he's bigger than the 1 tile box he should take up. His arms clip through walls and into other villagers and stuff. I hate it.

One time I went to visit buzz and he was sick. He was leant over with his head fully through the wall. That was the last straw.

I have a similar thing with gorrilas as their arms clip outside the box. Part of the reason why I let hans go.

I know its not exactly what you asked, but it's still kinda on topic as its about villager dimensions lol

Oh no, this is actually really interesting! I don't have experience many tall villagers so I wasn't aware how their width would also affect them (since I feel like we don't really have broad-shouldered short villagers, lol). That definitely makes sense though and it would bother me too if my villagers were constantly glitching through furniture and whatnot. I'd probably bump them out as well 😅

I'm doing the campsite method right now to get Judy and suddenly hans appeared.
Perfect time to show you what I mean!
2021061412352000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Hes holding a lollipop in his right hand...

Perfect time to show you what I mean!View attachment 375885

Oh nooo 😭 oh that’s definitely bothersome and I can see why that annoys you. I wish they’d fix it somehow because I imagine it must happen a lot 😅

Poor Hans and his disappearing lollipop 😔💕

I think a lot of the villagers I love are the smaller and medium sized ones :). I am starting to like some of the big cats’ designs and others are starting to finally grow on me, but I do think I am drawn to the smaller and medium sized villagers designs the most (with some exceptions like I don’t like a lot of the designs for the mice).

My favorite species are cats, rabbits, squirrels, frogs, cubs. I also like penguins, sheep... I definitely agree with you that the smaller sized villagers have the cuter designs. I would also like panda cub villagers 🥺 (we have Chester who is pretty cute but another one with maybe different color and/or eye shape would be cool) and I would love some kitten villagers (like katie) 🥰.

I do have favorite individual villagers from the bigger animals like Roscoe (I also like Cleo and Reneigh’s designs), but I definitely am not drawn to a lot of the bigger villager designs as I am to the smaller and medium. Like I don’t like any of the lions because their heads look too big and none of their faces & overall design looks appealing in any way to me. I am beginning to like some elephants but for them, their sideways mouths always looked a bit funny to me.

I never honestly thought about their height but I did notice I didn’t like a lot of the bigger villagers.

I like villagers that tower over me or me towering over villagers the best.

So gorillas (my favorite) especially when they're mad because it looks like they're headbutting you. Bears are cool too.
Then I like hamsters and cubs the best because they're little pipsqueaks.

I do like the short villagers and have thought about having all squirrels at some point. I think it can also be fun to have a variety though because the contrast between tall villagers and short villagers is also fun.

Last edited:
Wow! I have never noticed anything like this before!

I'm not particularly worried about height. I feel like some people prefer smaller villagers? Maybe they seem a bit more cutesy?

My favourite villager is Megan the bear, and she's taller than my rep. I think she's perfect! I also have tiny Poppy, and she is also adorable. I base a lot of my decisions on personality, their favourite hobby or colour, just a full picture of them. Never thought about height or width before! 😂

I honestly never thought about it most of my villagers are about my reps height as I don’t have any mouse villagers. I know this sounds silly but I adore Julian and have a few pics staring up at him 🥺🥰 It does look cute and he is my joint fave ever 😍

Personally, I don't care. The only thing that matters in my eyes are if they look cute or hold a special place in my heart.

with the exception of bianca, all of my villagers are average height or short, i think they look pretty cute like that. i will say, i prefer taller for sisterly villagers, makes them feel like an actual big sister lol.

Huh, I've never thought much of this! I think I like all sizes, and look more at design and personality as the factors that make a villager my all-time favorite or not.

it isn't really a factor i consider much when i'm looking for villagers buuut i must say the smaller villagers (frogs, hamsters etc) do have a soft spot in my heart, although whether that's due to their height or just generally their individual characteristics i couldn't say. but that being said i do love some of the taller villagers like the bears!

I had Buzz too for a bit (he refused to leave haha) and the same thing happened to me. I think it’s just the wider arms and big wings maybe? Only experiences I’ve had with that so far

I like having a variety. Different sizes and shapes make different clothing work better on different animals. I think it'd be pretty boring to see all the animals the same height. I think my only thing is the short ones, cute as they are, it's hard to discern clothing on them. I have had 2 frogs and a squirrel and while I love having the tinies in the mix, they'll wear some of my custom clothing and it's so hard to see the design lol

I tend to like the little guys, namely hamsters and ducks! I always feel like I should love the squirrels, but none of the designs grab me to the extent of the the other two. I do want to try having some on my island someday, cause I do like their littleness.

however, on the other end of the spectrum I like a lot of the hippos and bears (I tend to like the bear designs more overall than the cubs, though I like how the base cub design looks a lot)

I think in general I really just like the cuddly looking animals most - hamsters, bears, pigs, hippos. So the other species I really need to try having on my islands are penguins, I love how round they are. Ducks are a bit less chunky, but their big round heads give them a more cuddly look.

also starting to like a lot of elephants…really love both paolo and cyd

(Perhaps this explains why I don’t like the wolves much? They are very spiky…)

Back