• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

if you could only have one animal species on your island, which would you pick?

I think I would probably do squirrels? I have two planned I want on my island and I usually find a few I really like when looking through villagers. I think that or maybe ostriches? I believe I like almost all the ostriches, though looking at them again id be missing out on a cranky... tragic out here for someone who likes to have at least one of each personality.

Ooh, this is a tough one for me! I think my first choice would have to be cats - my favorite animal irl, and I couldn't have an island without Kiki. Runners up would probably be squirrels, bear cubs, or ducks. Maybe hamsters. I just really like the short villagers.

The deer villagers, without question. You could tell if I made a top-10 list of the best deer villagers and put Erik at #6 (which I'd do), and Erik is already a big favorite of mine in the first place. It really goes to show how much I like the species in general.

For those that know me here, I frequently show off Bruce and Lopez as I think they pair well together as rock buddies. Lopez specifically might even take over Bob as my all-time favorite. If the smug dialogue is improved in the next game, I'll be a very happy camper.

In New Leaf I think I once had three peppy villagers in my town at one point. I think most of them were camp visits and I thought they were cool so I invited them. Turns out having three personalities was a bit too much. I remember doing my errands/daily tasks one day and I ended up talking to all three in the same span of time and they all said the same exact line. It really broke me out of the immersion. It was like a digital hand just slapped me in the face. I think I moved one of them out soon after.

I feel like a all species/one animal island/town would feel the same way. I would like some variety so it'd be a hard decision on which to choose. It would probably be cat or dog since I feel like those have the most variety. I think some of the species don't have enough to fill the entire town/island.

Dogs, obviously. My island has eight dogs and two wolves. I could have an island with all dogs and be happy with it.

I would do all penguins. It’s one of the few species to have all eight personalities, and it’s my favorite of the animal species.

what a tough question! i think i'd have to pick cats since there's so many of them and you can never go wrong with any of the cats heh

I can see myself forming an island with only penguins. It will be named “Club Penguin Island” and there’s going to be Puffles and a pizzeria and snow forts and a dojo for Cardjitsu and…

Wolves! I think the wolves are the most evenly liked species for me personally; not one I really dislike, and there are a ton I love.

I would love an island of Julians though 😍

I remember back in August of 2013, I had another town filled with Koalas, I'd do it again of course.

It would be snakes alligators. I can't leave my boy Drago in the void. It would be irresponsible of me to do that. Other contenders would be cats, deer and frogs.
You could have 9 alligators plus the rabbit villager Snake. But I would be concerned for his safety.

You could have 9 alligators plus the rabbit villager Snake. But I would be concerned for his safety.
I don't care for his safety. Snake is the false prophet in ninja garb. We don't accept cosplaying bunnies on my island who falsely name themselves.

I don't care for his safety. Snake is the false prophet in ninja garb. We don't accept cosplaying bunnies on my island who falsely name themselves.
Yeah, but Snake has all the abs.

Yeah, but Snake has all the abs.
So does Sly friend
240314_164244_4537.jpg

cats for sure. i remember back when i first started playing new leaf my "dreamie" list was half cats lol. bunnies are a close second tho!

I definitely thought it would be easier to make these one species islands before I decided to play around with who exactly I would want on my island.

I could definitely do hamsters. They are all so cute, and it would make me very happy seeing their little chubby bodies wandering around my island, living their best lives.
- Hamlet, Rodney, Clay, Flurry, Soleil, Apple, Graham, Hamphrey, Marlo - this one is obvious, cause there are so few hamsters - and then I’d add in a duck to fit in size-wise, or Tabby
Wish there was an uchi hamster, and more girl hamsters in general, since I tend to like girl villagers more than the boys,

Cats I might do, solely so that I could have Tabby
- Tabby, Mitzi, Kiki, Kabuki, Olivia, Stinky, Tangy, Moe, Katt, Raymond,

Ducks or dogs would be really fun too, because there are so many I love.

- Weber, Deena, Freckles, Pate, Scoot, Mallary, Molly, Joey, Quillson?, Maelle? or Ketchup to make my daughter happy.

- Mac, Daisy, Goldie, Benjamin, Frett, Cookie, Bea, Walker, Shep?, Portia?

Deers! I’ve actually considered having an all-deer town/island a few times, but I love so many villagers of other species that I’ve never been able to commit.

Deers are my favourite animal though, both in-game and irl, and I think having an island full of them would be so precious and cute! I adore the deer villagers so much, getting to see 10 of their adorable faces every day would be everything. 🥹

There are 12 deer villagers, so I’d unfortunately have to exclude 2 of them. If I ever do have an all-deer island/town, I’d choose to have Diana, Fuchsia, Fauna, Beau, Zell, Bam, Shino, Deirdre, Chelsea and Bruce!

Back