• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How easy was it for you to get a 5-star rating, if you have one?

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Flimsy Watering Can
White Violet
Purple Violet
It took only a few months for me to get this rating and I have maintained it for over a year now. I've seen one person mention getting 5 stars briefly before going back to 4 and I also saw someone panicking about their island having to look elaborate in order the get it, which got me to think about how easy it is and how long to takes on average to get a 5 star rating on your island.

I think the hardest part about me getting 5 stars is getting the furniture you want to add to your island through DIYs and Nook's Cranny (unless you have HHP) because you have only a few options to choose from per day.

I go absolutely NUTS with flowers, bushes, and trees so getting to 5 stars has historically been kind of a breeze. I'd have to agree on the furniture being the hardest part. I've been ordering things from people bc I'm too impatient to wait on Nook's.

I had a 3 star rating until I got HHP and Wardell starting selling me all kinds of things. I got 5 stars shortly after.

It was accidental-easy for me. I was in the midst of doing the mannequin trick for the rock garden and then I saw jacob ladders blooming everywhere.

Then the flower was such a weed, so I began decorating with dropped items and thank god it ended their spread.

I really wanted to use lilies of the valley for parts of my island, so I just cheesed it by sticking a bunch of random items in certain parts of the map.

They were supposed to be temporary, but since I play so sporadically, they're still there after a few years 🫠

Eh, it was pretty easy. I lose the rating when I put things I need to give to people on the ground though

I think pretty easy, though I don’t remember too clearly. It’s not really based on how good your island looks. So I think I got it semi accidentally while growing a lot of flowers and testing out fences and crafted furniture, back in maybe summer 2020 (????) Since then it goes back and forth when I’m redecorating or just leaving messes around. These days I rarely check, and have blocked/ filled up the spaces for new Jacob’s ladders to grow, so I’m not really sure most of the time.

I think many people mistakenly believe it is this really difficult and intimidating achievement, like they see the fancy islands on social media and think that is what you have to do to get a 5 star island. When really you can’t at all tell a 5 star island just by looking at it. So I think it causes people stress for that reason, more than it needs to.

i think mine was sort of accidental, i left a large portion of my island for flower breeding and at a certain point i had gotten that 5 star rating!
it had dropped the few times i’ve flattened my island but it was very easy to get it back up again ˘͈ᵕ˘͈

I think I got it after a couple of months according to when I got the achievement for the golden watering can. I don't remember trying for it, I think it just happened as I decorated and played.

I think it was easy to do once I actually got serious and cared about decorating, but for the longest time none of the updates really interested me. I didn't want to just decorate my island or rooms with furniture I didn't care about. With the final update in 2021, I think it didn't take long after that to get 5 stars.

It was mildly difficult for me. I let my flowers grow everywhere, but I don't care too much about fences and furniture. I had to actually start paying attention to what Liz was suggesting before I could finally get that 5 star rating. I think I have too much stuff on the ground to still have a 5 star rating, but I need to clean up my island. My villagers stopped giving me new items for my catalogue, and I suspect that the drop in my island rating might be the cause.

I don't remember being too hard, by the time I wanted to reach 5 stars I already had most of the island sort of decorated and I had put flowers almost everywhere (seems flowers everywhere is a bit of a staple to raise the rating).

My main problem was that without realising I had drop a lot of items as 'decoration' that Isabelle considers trash.. TT3TT
So to me the hard part was pick up enough stuff from the ground to keep the rating high enough 😅

I found it surprisingly easy get the 5 star rating on my island. Even after I got 5 stars I started to move a lot of things or even demolish things I had made and I was still at 5 stars which confused me.

To get the 5 star - easy. Just looked up the requirements for 5 star and did that.

Haven't kept it up, though. At all. 😅

Back