• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cilantro: yay or nay?

cilantro opinions

• yay

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • neutral

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • nay

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
I hate cilantro. While I understand it gives it taste I don't eat it instead I remove it if my mom adds it to food. One time my mom added it to crab salad and I told her how could you do this to me. You know I hate cilantro šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Boiling some baby potatoes in some salt water with rosemary is one of the best ways to have them when you don't feel like roasting them. I would really recommend it, but I get it if you'd rather not. They don't get a strong rosemary flavor, just a hint that makes them taste so good... but I'm really not picky with food, just textures .-.
Iā€™ve done that. Iā€™ve incorporated rosemary in many ways, even shortbread crust for lemon bars. Itā€™s still gross.

Iā€™ve done that. Iā€™ve incorporated rosemary in many ways, even shortbread crust for lemon bars. Itā€™s still gross.
Hmm, that's interesting, but it makes sense when you don't like something. I do NOT like cloves what so ever and I can taste them even if it's the last ingredient listed (meaning there's less of it than other ingredients) :eek:

But I am curious, do you use "fresh" rosemary or dried?

its a crime how often this turdweed weasels its way into good food

Hmm, that's interesting, but it makes sense when you don't like something. I do NOT like cloves what so ever and I can taste them even if it's the last ingredient listed (meaning there's less of it than other ingredients) :eek:

Usually fresh.

I HATE CILANTRO SO MUCH.
NO. NO. IT'S ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

I don't think that it tastes like soap, though. It just tastes... bad. Really bad.

cilantro is ok in very very small moderation. i don't get ppl who just DOUSE their food in cilantro. idk how u can even taste everything else bc to me it just completely drowns out the flavor of your dish. and it just becomes like. cilantro. ur just eating straight cilantro at that point. might as well be if that's all u can taste

Nay. It tastes like soap and I feel like Iā€™m missing out :(

Omg I love cilantro.... either directly on my bowls at mexican restaraunts or in my rice with lime at home.... itā€™s actually a genetic trait whether it tastes like soap to you

also did you know the other spice coriander comes from the same plant as cilantro. Cilantro is the leaves and coriander is the seeds

Iā€™m one of the lucky ones that doesnā€™t taste the soap, so I love it! My dad makes fresh pico de gallo and the cilantro really elevates the flavor!

what even is cilantro ive legit never heard of it

Not a fan, it's not soapy to me it's just overpowering -- I feel like I can't taste anything else when there is coriander in it as it just takes over

Nay, tastes like soap to me. But I can handle it as a soak in in a caldo de pollo.

I never even knew how many people thought it tasted like soap... lol but I love Cilantro, as long as thereā€™s not too much Iā€™ve had salsas where thereā€™s too much cilantro and it really takes away the flavor from salsas or dishes.

I love the smell and taste so much! The best garnish for homemade Mexican or Asian inspired dishes. The while soap thing really confuses me! :O

maybe because i'm asian and used to it but i like it! especially in vietnamese subs lol. it's also really good in this beef dish my mom makes.

Back