• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Taste of Cilantro

Does cilantro taste like soap to you?

• Total voters
it doesn’t taste like soap to me, either. i didn’t know it does for some people
IMG_2750.png

I've never consumed cilantro as far as I know. I am very curious about where I land on the matter though and hope to find out sooner than later.

It doesn’t taste soapy to me, but it does tastes a bit bitter. Is that normal? I only put a small amount when using it as a topping.

fortunately, i do not have the soap gene. i think cilantro has a refreshing taste.

It tastes like soap and over powers the whole dish

majority of my family have that soap gene, but idk, to me it tastes odd but okay at the same time? like it doesnt taste like soap, but it tastes really weird and gross depending on what it's in. then again, ive had cilantro literally two times in my life. no one in my fam has ever bought it. they just sit there, cursing the day such a herb was discovered. parsley ftw!

meme #memes #disgusted #disgusting #scoobydoo #scooby-doo - Scooby Doo  Funny Face, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

It doesn’t taste like soap to me but it doesn’t really taste good either

It doesn't taste like soap to me, but I don't really ever consume cilantro.

I don’t think it tastes like soap, but I don’t know what soap really tastes like. I had the soap-flavored Bertie Bott’s jellybean. I remember liking it, but I also don’t remember it tasting like cilantro.

It doesn't really taste like soap to me, but it really doesn't taste good to me either. It puts me off the whole dish if it's in it 🤮 it almost tastes like mint that has gone off

Cilantro is the best! I love it in soups and in other dishes. I'm not sure how it tastes like soap for some but I do know its genetic.

I never thought it tasted like soap but then again, I love cilantro and grew up with it. I use it quite often for salsas and other recipes.

it doesn't taste like soap to me but it's really hard to describe what it tastes like? it tastes kinda fresh? or refreshing? i don't like to put it in too many things and prefer it to be cooked into something, rather than as a fresh garnish sprinkled on top of a dish, since it's kinda overpowering 😥 i love how it smells though!

i know that i don't like coriander/cilantro, but i don't remember what it tasted like the last time i had it. i'm not into it if it's just used as a garnish nor mixed in. :// the next time it's put onto something, i'll try it and report back

I know it doesn’t taste like soap for me, but the taste is definitely hard to explain. My mom uses it in everything (especially Tex-Mex), and I think I’ve just gotten used to it at this point. It’s really… herby I guess? With a slightly salty aftertaste? Not sure how else to describe it

my entire family has the soap gene. skill issue, i luv cilantro. i put it in white rice with a hint of lime juice and ogughfghjg. meal for kings

Back