• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like or dislike grapefruit?

Do you like or dislike grapefruit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't have grapefruit due to medication interactions. I think I tried it once when I was younger but I don't remember if I liked it.

I thought I would like it cause it's a citrus and I like citrus, so one day I got grapefruit juice to go with my breakfast.

Never again🙃

I asked my mom what it tastes like cause she likes it and somehow the 20somethin yr old me never had it. She said it doesn't taste like an orange but didn't say it was bitter, so I tried it anyway. Blek.

i feel like i can kinda tolerate grapefruit now but it isn't something i'd reach for in a bowl of fruit. i hated them as a kid because of how bitter they can be and they've got a weird aftertaste T_T but i do like when i eat one that's on the sweeter side! i've never tried it with sugar on top but with the sweet tooth i've got, it sounds right up my alley LOL

It's tastes all right. I'm usually not that picky about fruits, but grapefruit just tastes so weird and bitter that it's hard for me to like it.

i used to drink nothing but grapefruit and barley squash until i was probably 15, but that stuff is super sweet and not representative of pure grapefruit or grapefruit juice. i once read somewhere that grapefruits are the best brain food, so for a period of time i would have a half for breakfast everyday. my only gripe is that no matter how i ate it, i would end up super sticky afterwards and it annoyed me so i stopped!

Grapefruit is a little too bitter for my tastes, but I don't mind it so much in juice form, especially if it's combined with other fruits.

I do like grapefruit but it's too sour for me to taste alone, I like it with sugar.

I've never tried grapefruit. Considering how many people in this thread are saying that they're sour, I expect that I would absolutely hate it since I don't like sour things. I'm almost tempted to try a grapefruit at least once to find out whether I could tolerate it since grapefruits have some health benefits, but having to sprinkle sugar on it feels like it would be defeating the purpose a bit.

I do like grapefruit but it is too bitter to eat without sugar. Makes it worse for the teeth but sweeter to eat 💜

Sour is the flavor I have the hardest time with, so no. I don't like lemons or limes either. Oranges are great!

i used to be like "if it's called greatfruit why does it suck" then i learned it was not called greatfruit

i don't think i have ever had grapefruit before, based on pictures i've seen i don't think i would try it. looks like an orange but isn't one, the color throws me off.

I love grapefruit. I think its one of the most refreshing fruits for me to eat. I like juicy, watery fruits in general so its on my favourites list. Give me a bowl and a grapefruit spoon and I'll be good to go.

Back