• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your favourite bean dishes 🫘

Aquilla

the most wonderful time of the year 🌸
Bells
Switch
3591-5022-2346
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Lily
Got inspired by @Sgt.Groove absolutely demolishing me with beans. Beans are yummy! What’s your favourite bean dish? How do you like to cook them? You can also share recipes here!

I loooove my dad’s bean stew (feijoada). Couldn’t be bothered with beans as a kid but have since learned to love them!

Here’s a recipe for crispy white beans with whipped feta dip:

🫘 drain 2 cans of white beans

🫘 toss them with 2 tbsp of olive oil and spices of your choice (I like smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt)

🫘 pop them in the air fryer or oven at about 200°C (or 400F) until they are golden and crispy! Give them a toss while they’re baking so they brown from all sides

🫘 in the meantime prepare your whipped feta: toss the feta in a blender with a splash of milk and blitz it up until you have a creamy fluffy consistency (you might need to add a bit more milk as you blend). You can mix it with fresh herbs of your choice after.

Enjoy your high protein, high fiber snack!

Last edited:
I’m not that keen on beans but I do like a vegetable chilli. Haven’t had energy to cook recently so recipe would be open can, heat up. At the same time boil rice (or use a microwave pouch) 🙈😂💜

i eat green beans and string beans a lot, but those probably aren't the beans you are referring to. 😅 i like beans, but i wouldn't go out of my way to buy or cook a bean dish. i mostly eat them when they're in a taco or burrito bowl! i also like them in a breakfast platter and i like chili.

Chili con carne is one of my favourite dishes. Most on here have already mentioned it. I usually make it at home and really like it with shredded cheese on the top. Very simple to make and the servings can last multiple meals. Another of my favourtie dishes is cazuela de frijoles. Its basically translated to bean casserole in English. Its typically served with plantains, shredded potatoes, chicharrones, and other ingredients. I really like it but chicharrones really hurt my stomach since I'm very sensitive to pork.

My favorite bean dish is a recipe I got from a weekly dinner subscription service.. its this roast haloumi and veggie salad; it's got sweet potato, zucchini, cannellini beans, haloumi, and a dollop of yogurt mixed with sumac on top. It might sound weird but it's really easy to make, low calorie, and really yummy 😋

I also really love jasmine rice mixed in with edamame beans and some teriyaki chicken on top!

Also also, sometimes a simple can of baked beans just can't be beat

i eat green beans and string beans a lot, but those probably aren't the beans you are referring to. 😅 i like beans, but i wouldn't go out of my way to buy or cook a bean dish. i mostly eat them when they're in a taco or burrito bowl! i also like them in a breakfast platter and i like chili.
In this household we do not discriminate against any beans. Green beans are beautiful. I love them!
Post automatically merged:

My favorite bean dish is a recipe I got from a weekly dinner subscription service.. its this roast haloumi and veggie salad; it's got sweet potato, zucchini, cannellini beans, haloumi, and a dollop of yogurt mixed with sumac on top. It might sound weird but it's really easy to make, low calorie, and really yummy 😋

I also really love jasmine rice mixed in with edamame beans and some teriyaki chicken on top!

Also also, sometimes a simple can of baked beans just can't be beat
That actually sound REALLY good to me! (Both the salad and teriyaki). This thread is making me hungry 😅

i'll absolutely decimate a chilli or a burrito with black beans. i'm into putting paprika on black beans too as a snack or something

A thread I can get behind. I love beans. I try to eat at least 80-90% Vegan, so beans and I have a close relationship. Recently, I've been making this white/miso bean dish that I saw on Instagram and I fell in love with it. It's savory, tastes like comfort food, but is really healthy and nutritious.
1 can cannellini beans
1 medium shallot
2-4 cloves garlic
1-1.5 TBSP of Nutritional Yeast
1 heaping TSP Miso Paste
Vegan Butter/Oil
1 Bay Leaf
Splash of Lemon Juice
Salt/Pepper to taste

Finely dice your shallot, and put it in a pre-heated pan (medium) with some butter or oil. Let them get translucent, then add your garlic. Meanwhile, boil a little water for your miso paste. Add your miso to a bowl with either a fork or whisk, then pour over about 2-3tbsp of water on top. Not too much, then whisk to combine. Once your shallots and garlic are aromatic, add the full can of beans, brine and all. Add the nutritonal yeast, bay leaf, and miso. Bring it up to a simmer, and allow it to reduce and thicken, about 10 or 15 minutes. Once the beans are no longer swimming in liquid and it's more covering them like a sauce, it's good to go. Top off with black pepper, and a splash of lemon juice. I also like to add chopped greens to this as well for an extra nutrition boost, you would add them in while the beans are simmering!

I also love refried beans. I love to make a chickpea "tuna" salad - basically you do everything you'd do for tuna salad, but add chickpeas instead of tuna. Black beans are delicious and I add them to things like salads, pasta salads, soups, and breakfast dishes for that extra protein boost. Chili of course is a classic, and honestly this thread is making me want to make some vegan chili.

Love beans.

Back