cilantro opinions

• yay

Votes: 39 53.4%
  • neutral

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • nay

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
No thanks. The first time I had it I thought someone hadn't rinsed the dishes off well enough. It wasn't until I had it again that I realized it was the cilantro.

I'm neutral. I don't know enough about cooking to know the difference between it and other garnishes like parsley. But I've eaten pico de gallo so I guess I've had it. It didn't taste soapy to me at all. I would eat it again but wouldn't go out of my way to add cilantro to anything.

Haha yay for me, kinda had no choice as us Mexicans (my family) go ham with it xD we love mixing it with chopped raw onions as a topping to dishes most noticeably on tacos! Also as a kid I would pick some off the bunches and eat it xp

I'm neutral
For a while I thought it was like soap, but I've been using it in more recipes now and it adds a nice flavor at times. As long as theres not too much like I'm eating a salad of only cilantro I'm good c:

I love cilantro and honestly almost all herbs and spices, the problem for me is that whenever I buy them I always forget to use them before they start going bad lol!!!

I love cilantro. I'm not sure, but I think I like the taste of soap I guess. I took a DNA test and it said I'm likely to have an aversion, but that's not true. Also, I like eating it by itself.

oh boy is it time for my cilantro thesis?

Many people say that they dislike cilantro because it tastes like soap. This is due to certain genes that people have that affect the taste of a chemical within cilantro causing it to taste like that. Although, I believe that there has to be someone out there that likes cilantro BECAUSE it tastes like soap!

This is so weird, but my twin sister hates cilantro and thinks it taste like soap, but I love cilantro and try and use it in some of the recipes that I cook! It’s crazy to me that some thing so natural would taste like soap to some people, but I guess that’s just the genetics for you.

Ah, yes, the fabled soap leaf.

Thankfully, it doesn't taste like soap for me. I like the fresh stuff with yellow rice, black beans, tomatoes, and avocado.

I didn't even know it tasted like soap to some people.

but I don't mind cilantro at all. Was never nitpicky about it. Would love to add to my food if I had an oppurtunity

Back